Let's settle this once and for all

What's the best distro to use as of August 2018?

Attached: T0BppEJ.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.awwni.me/xbu1.png
cmscritic.com/mx-linux-17-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not OP
Long time Debian user here. I need to get out of my comfort zone.
I need a new distro. Suggest me one

Void Linux is pretty nice except there's definitely less packages then I am used to and I can't be bothered to use xbps-src for everything outside. Flatpak has helped me in this area though. I'm considering to use it on all my systems but at the moment it is only on my laptop as I still have a piece of software my desktop uses that Void does not have nor flatpak.

OpenMandriva

Windows 10

/thread

I might add I need a distro that will be fine with an ATI R9 290x card

>

LFS

trips tell the truth

Ubuntu. There's nothing wrong with it.

Ubuntu
/thread

Attached: Screenshoot.jpg (3840x2160, 1.56M)

Mint
also that's the best holo image made in existance... everyone is drawing her face wrong.. care to share the pape?

Anything should be fine.

not this one

systemd?

cdn.awwni.me/xbu1.png
I took it from here xoxo

First for MX Linux

Attached: Screenshot-35.png (1366x768, 122K)

>Greek distros

TempleOS

Poettering disapproves

How's Xubuntu? Thinking about switching (dual boot for now) to Lignux for daily driver including muh gaems since most of the ones I play have Linux build, I have Nvidia 750Ti. Also does xubuntu have the botnet or just vanilla Ubuntu?

ebin

>anime bitch
>linux
you're the type of guy that goes gay cause every girl rejected him only to find out that every bro will do the same

Attached: images_72.jpg (384x384, 12K)

That hurts ;_;

Attached: 1509375374132.jpg (512x512, 156K)

MX-17

Attached: vXyxA5w.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

redpill me on this OS
Why it's so popular on DistroWatch?

Void Linux
It's the one non-systemd distro that works that we can support to show that we don't appreciate systemd.

New Laptop will arrive next week. Recommend me a distro to run on it.

Debian, but it just works and comes without systemd.

And it also comes with newer packages.

What's the deal with systemd?

flatpak is all you need from now on

Ubuntu

Considered

It's xfce Ubuntu, but as far as I concern, it lacks Ubuntu's botnets. Maybe someone else can fill me in.

Linux Mint MATE. It just works.

>smaller and faster than most distros
>rock solid because debian stable
>user and beginner friendly because included mx- apps allow stuff like video driver configuration, boot repair etc. from GUI
>no systemd and Gnome bullshit

It's a little bit like the (x)Ubuntu for the smart(er) guys

windows

GNU GuixSD GNU/GNU Linux-libre

Attached: 1508088131671.png (3000x2933, 242K)

Will take in consideration thank you
Does it use apt as its package manager? (tfw brainlet)

Yes

Attached: giant-day-gecko.jpg (900x600, 48K)

>GNU Linux-libre
so these fuckers own linux kernel now

sure it does, as it's debian based, it uses apt basedl own cli-aptiX package manager, and GUI tools like Synaptic, mx-repo manager etc.

Nix OS

nobody can stop you from taking linux kernel and removing/adding enough features and calling it gnu/lunix or android, unless you plan to change the license.

but the fact is linux kernel is not part of the (((GNU))) project, so you cannot call it GNU Linux

You can change the name of a forked project. they literally forked linux and removed non-free things from it and called it gnu lunix-libre or something, anybody can do that.

how many processes do you run (htop)

CentOS if you ever want to hold a job

how do you have so low memory usage ?
whats the trick...

>whats the trick...

Installing MX-Linux

cmscritic.com/mx-linux-17-review/

What's the one that works best with novidya Optimus?

>megs of ram

NixOS

man I'm so glad all the "BTW I use arch seriously not a meme, you noobuntu user" people are staying away from Jow Forums

I'll agree, Ubuntu has gotten much better, don't remember when it was bad, if its bad just tweak it to your likings, I use the awesome wm with lightdm instead of gdm and gnome, works fine

OpenSUSE Leap with KDE
>friendly UI with nearly all the apps you need out of the box
>patches the Firefox thumbnail thing out of the box
>excellent power management on laptops out of the box
>enterprise level device driver support out of the box
>has the easy to use YaST control center for fine grain system control
>supported by the best and brightest German autists
And it's completely free. Doesn't cost a penny to use.
>muh bideo bames
Get a console.

Attached: 1533902457345.png (1366x768, 190K)

What about the commercial SUSE

Windows 10

t. Shitty gpu drivers for linux

I could be wrong but I think it's the same thing, just that you pay for a support plan and they configure stuff to your liking for you. Sort of like Ubuntu.

It's a corporate OS that wants as much control over you as Microsoft

based and redpilled

it really isn't that bad

Attached: 2018-08-10-141809_873x840_scrot.png (873x840, 99K)

Windows 10

A better approach is to do total minimal centos 7 and use flatpak / appimage for all apps. You get the best of both worlds

>ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1ef.png (512x512, 27K)

and another pc, really old gpu

Attached: 2018-08-10-142023_715x670_scrot.png (715x670, 64K)

#that€

Thanks

Stop using Nvidia

You already posted it, Manjaro
PS. update to 4.17 kernel faggot

What ever works for you, I can't stand distro fanboys who cries like little children when someone says that they don't like their personal distro. If your current distro is doing job for you, then it is fine to me.

How buggy is KDE nowadays? KDE was my favorite before 4.0, but I had to move to Gnome because it was always so unstable. I used to have trouble with indexing using all available memory until the system crashed and with icons missing from the system tray after a fresh boot. Are these kind of bugs common nowadays? I am currently doing Fedora with gnome and things are very stable, even after upgrading the whole system from 27 to 28.

I was actually thinking a major benefit to Void was the fact it used runit instead of systemd as I've noticed all my systems that ever ran systemd had rather inconsistent shutdown and boot times.

Last time I tried it, I was annoyed since different applications would respond differently when I tried to scroll, many were missing the menu bar, unless I added one to a panel, and kwin would crash if I alt+tabbed while watching a movie with mpv. Stuff like this and the state of gnome makes me wonder if I should just move my workstation over to windows or go back to OS X. For now, I'm on MATE.

Only thing that's buggy I've found is the panel if you try to resize it too much or put on the side of the screen or something. But there are zero issues with the default panel. Everything else is perfect.

EASE OF USE/EYE CANDY:
Solus + Budgie

STABILITY/EFFICIENCY:
Debian + i3

IF YOU ARE A FAGGOT
Arch

Aloonix

Thoughts on Zorin OS ?

You posted it already, Manjaro. Manjaro KDE (which I call ManDE) to be precise.

Where I have already seen this pasta hmm

Not gonna comment on which one's best, but I will say that Manjaro is for people who are both too retarded to install regular Arch *and* too ignorant to use Antergos instead.

Seriously, talk about a totally worthless distro.

Ovarall, Arch, but I do like Kubuntu to as an easy Just Werks distro.

>systemd

If you use Incel or Nvidia graphics, you are fine. If you use AMD, well good luck.

install gentoo

Attached: 2018-08-10-095714_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 184K)

Isn't it kinda a meme nowaday

Gentoo is not, and never has been, a meme distro.

You should go back to if you don't understand that.

Gentoo isn't a meme at all.
You shouldn't base such opinions on the common shoutings of a community like Jow Forums.

It is and have always been a bit of a meme distro. Still is a good distro, but dealing with masks and useflags gets old.

Void linux, no doubt about it.

Why should I use Gentoo instead for example of Arch?
Aside for the different package manager

because you can use openRC instead of systemd

ive never used arch before, but comparing portage to aptitude, portage is alot more powerful and has more features. if youve used a debian based distro, youll know what apt is like.

kernel 4.17 has NSA spyware

You may have trips, but that doesn't excuse /threading your own post.
What should I expect from a Microshill?

YouBantou

Source?

Clearly gentoo

His microsoft-owned ass

it has some encryption technology from the NSA available to be used, i assume its not that much different than just using SElinux, i dont have kernel version 4.17.* though so i wouldnt know.

Attached: 2018-08-10-104933_1024x768_scrot.png (1024x768, 44K)

Arch for rice, Gentoo for performance optimization, Debian for stability, Ubuntu for bloated stability, Manjaro for rolling bloat, MX for muh systemd is evil