/pcbg/ - PC building General

>Create a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (eg photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, cooling, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>For Intel, only Z300 series boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>Avoid cheap models ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS duals, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
>Only consider AMD GPU if you plan on getting an upcoming HDR monitor
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU+monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU+monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V or upscale from 1440-1800p
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=477
pcpartpicker.com/list/t9FddX
pcpartpicker.com/list/cqXH7W
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CORSAIR FS600 PLATINUM WITH BETTER CABLES WHEN
IT WAS ANNOUCED MORE THAN 2 MONTHS AGO FUCKING REEEEEEEE

Attached: 1528847578565.jpg (900x900, 68K)

Budget 1500$
Need a system for video editing (adobe) and minor gaming (CS, generals etc) but a powerful unit. Help me with a built pls

Attached: IMG_3133.jpg (640x663, 130K)

>quad socket
Nice

Stop buying Corsair products.

Which GPU manufacturers have the best heatsinks/fans on the market? I've heard that ROG cards from Asus have good coolers but the excessive gaymer aesthetic is sort of off-putting.

it varies from card to card. You need to be more specific with what model you want. If you really care just get a 3rd party cooler and replace it. Overall I'd say it doesn't matter much just get whatever is the cheapest

Don't shit yourself you pathetic poorbag
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=477

>4k
>18ms input lag
>50"
>60Hz
>580$ in my country
Any reason I shouldn't use it as a pc gaming monitor? A 1080ti barely provides 4K60fps on highest settings, and I don't see myself dumping money on their next gen stuff that *might* do better than 4K60fps. The only obvious downside is no FreeSync/GSync - but if I manage to stay above 60fps then I should be fine.
Too bad those 4 Opterons are outperformed by a single 1950x Threadripper... It is no longer worth it to build a PC from used server parts since Zen made them obsolete.

Attached: il-uhd-mu7000-ue50mu7000uxsq-frontblack-67782801.jpg (892x684, 238K)

>60hz is okay when 4k does it

Attached: 1503781246182.png (380x380, 133K)

>18ms
>60hz
yeah that's why

Hope this isn't a dumb question but how do I know a GPU is better than another if they're from the same line? There's so many different and they all seem similar to me, I guess the difference is in the cooler?

there are some benchmarks. Honestly there are so many it's all just meme shit. They basically all perform within a few fps of each other.
Just check youtube and you can find some that record fps/temps/fan db noise etc, but it doesn't don't matter that much it's all within like a few percent of each other

If they are the exact same GPU from different providers (ex. 1050ti from MSI vs 1050ti from Gigabyte) then literally check all spec numbers, and read reviews on newegg to learn about build quality and more. The latter is more improtant than the 5 fps you will save from spec differences.

cute slut

Help me you fucking neckbeards it says so ON THE TOP OF THE THREAD VIRGINS

>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT
Sorry for the folk who willingly paid money for a Skylake-X platform kek

Attached: 1533674627541.jpg (800x1011, 274K)

Read the OP you retard.

ppl will give you advice but not hold your fucking hand the entire time idiot
put some of your own effort into iit

1st see this - then see this -

the rules say that you have to give us a list of components to work with.
go to pcpartpicker and make a build. then ask us if you made a boo boo

B450M Mortar/2600x

Or i7 8700k/Z370-A PRO

>1050ti from MSI vs 1050ti from Gigabyte
i don't know why companies do this.
literally what even is the point? confusing the consumer and reducing the sales?

pcpartpicker.com/list/t9FddX
This is what a peak boomer pc looks like

depends on what you mean to do with the piece of shit.

>single-thread processes vs multi-threaded processes
>gaming vs video editing
choose your life-eating choice of time-waste

Obviously a boy by the face, but wow those milkies.

It's not tho.
The sentiment is usually
>4k would be nice if it were 75hz bare minimum

Difference is mostly the cooler. Slight difference in binning.
The cooler is a big difference, though. It's one of the main components that ensures the GPU lasts a long time. And loud coolers are annoying, right..?

You can tell if one is good mostly by the density of the fins, number of heat pipes. It says that right in the OP
>Avoid cheap models ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS duals, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
Maybe it could be worded better.

You don't need to get the highest end for a decent cooler, but you should avoid the absolute garbage lowest end like those.

>8700k on a 3 phase board

Overpay on gpu. If you don't plan to upgrade ram just get 2x 4gb

Should I wait until the seamonkeys launch on 20th august ?

The first is a fuckload more expensive, and mATX so comfier case options.
As for the later, that motherboard is NOT sufficient to overclock a 6 core. It's doesn't even look decent for overclocking a fucking 8350k.
Z370 is riddled with shitty boards that are supposedly for overclocking since they have that chipset, but have horrendous VRMs.
They assume most retards who buy a 8700k won't overclock anyway, which is true, but it still comes off as false advertising to me.

Huge shame on Intel for not requiring board partners who use their Z370 chipset to supply at least a 4*2 or 5 phase vcore with it.

Up to you. They will probably be more expensive for like a 20-30% upgrade over the 10 series, months away, and sell out fast.
I'd just actually search for a deal daily now while many cards are being dumped because everyone else is waiting. What is your budget on gpu? You could easily get a 580 8gb or 1060 6gb for right about $200. Get an even better card if you want to pay more

final component of my new build arrived but i'm too tired to put everything together. just want to sleep.

Should I look for used ? For GPU around 200USD because shit is more expensive in Europe

Gayming really and some multitasking

What motherboard would go well with the 8700k under 150 buckaroos?

I would only buy used if you personally knew the person, or it was a refurbished card by the manufacturer with a warranty

imo not waiting for new gen is actually retarded. even if it's more expensive it doesn't matter, what matters is price/performance. also the moment new gen is out you'll have loads of used nvidia users selling their cards just to get their new hot thing AND shops will try to get rid of their pascal stock.

I built mine after getting off my shift at work. It's definitely a good feeling but it's better to do it when you're well rested and when you have time to troubleshoot any isue that might arise. Good luck user.

Attached: package.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Yup, I fear them a look too
No used then
In Romania we barely get any deals. A 1060 3GB is 280$

The jews in Romania are so bad they will not have any deals until Black Friday and even then it will be like a 240$ for 1060 3GB

You say it's retarded, but they could be ridiculous prices. It doesn't matter how good the 11 series is. It won't beat a $300 1080.
Things can go either way. 10 series cards could barely go down in price. No one will actually know until then. If you want to not play any games at all for months just to wait go ahead

>If you want to not play any games at all for months just to wait go ahead
literally 10 days left

Really in 10 days cards are instantly released with aftermarket coolers?
no
It's months away regardless lmao. And it's total speculation on what their prices will be and how it will affect the 10 series. If you see stuff like 1080s for $300, or tis for like $450 you would be stupid not to buy them

if I'm in the market for an amd card is there any sense waiting for 11 series nvidia to release?
current prices are $650 aud for vega 56 and $399 aud for rx 580 8gb but recent cryptobullshit has completely destroyed my idea of what a good price/performance is supposed to be anymore

in 10 days you'll know the rough pricing and performance for the whole lineup. the newest rumor says nivida will use double fan design as their reference cooler.

quick question. I am absolutely retarded when it comes to computer hardware, but what is the difference between i3/i5/i7/i9 cpus for Intel?

Even if you bought a card now and it turned out you regret it, you can just return it.

just so you know amd won't be competitive until H2 2019, so it doesn't matter if you wait. they might cut prices though, iirc they are offering 3 game bundle if you buy their gpu now.

ASUS Prime Z-370A is is $165.
ASRock Z370 Extreme4 is $155 after rebate
MSI Z370M Gaming Pro is $160 though it's a 3*2 it's probably decent enough.

I'm not really seeing anything cheaper than those that are worth getting for an 8700k.
You don't just buy a CPU that sucks that much power and pair it with a cheap board.

The whole industry has really gotten their price fixing together and going strong. I don't think this is very true.

We saw a massive price drop on RX400 cards, with $95-$115 RX470s, to make way for RX580s.
But despite the 1100 series seemingly immanent and coming in around a month it looks like, most of the cards are still very expensive except for refurbished ones.

Nvidia will just sit on stock and wait until Pascal is almost sold out before they announce the $550+ 1170 and $750+ 1180.

Core counts and clock speeds. And power consumption.

Is Prey in the bundle? Fuck I should have waitfagged harder.

What's a good motherboard for a 2600?
Thinking between the tomahawk, B450-A pro or the X470 gaymin plus

The main companies (Nvidia and AMD) offload most of the GPU making to third party companies since their specialty is in making the chip, while the third party companies are better at everything around that chip.

B450M Mortar or Tomahawk.
B450-A pro does NOT have the same quality of heatsink and the VRM doesn't seem to be the same either.

i9 > i7 > i5 > i3
difference is mainly cores, speed clocks, cache.
i3 - 4cores/4threads, kinda budget, enough for your average pc user and some gaming
i5 - 6cores/6threads, new mainstream-end, mainly for gayming
i7 - 6cores/12threads, high-end for average consumer who likes to throw money for little performance benefit
i9 - 10cores+, scam-tier for people who don't know what they're doing with their money.

I really think they're gonna price their 1170,, 1180 like $100-150 over the msrp that the 1070, and 1080s were at. They have literally no competition really and still have tons of the last gen cards to sell

>B450-A pro does NOT have the same quality of heatsink and the VRM doesn't seem to be the same either.
back to *eddit please. the heatsink difference is few C at most since both mobos have a mostly-solid-block of garbage with no fins. and yeah they DO have the same VRMs. tomahawk has the gaymer tax with rgbs and shit do not fall for it.

in the last month i've seen bundles happening like 'free 240gb ssd with gtx1060'. that's their last resort before having to cut prices.

Hey guys,
My budget is $2,500 (Australian Dollars) and I am planning to use this computer solely for high-end gaming: The parts are:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - GAMMAXX 400 74.3 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370P D3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Storage SSD: Western Digital - Blue 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage HDD: Toshiba - 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Graphics Card: I don't really know yet. Recommendations are welcome.
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case: be quiet! - Pure Base 600 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

Please tell me if I have fucked up already, and any recommendations that you might have. Thank you!

Why is RAM so expensive bros

Get faster RAM at least 3000mhz and a better mainboard and with that you'll need at least a 1080

Keep in mind though that AMD Ryzen is superior for the money.

make sure you get the k version of your processor

The big three dRAM companies have been artificially increasing prices to jew more money out of customers. Hopefully the Chinese will change that.

Attached: 1533774637458.png (770x919, 643K)

>Intel processor
You've fucked up.

Attached: 19328-8774-30132.png (175x278, 117K)

based chinkbros

here come the amdrones shills

god I hate amd fanboys. Sure amd can be good in budget circumstances, but holy shit it's not as good as you think it is

>i9 - 10cores+, scam-tier for people who don't know what they're doing with their money
Or Jayztirades. Although I'm convinced at this point Jay is employed as a Skylake-X marketer.

>hurr durr I enjoy bending over and letting Jewtel ass fuck me like they have for the past decade

Attached: 18121-1356-16653.png (800x612, 234K)

>recommending a 1080 over a 1070ti
kys

>having an odd number graphics card

enjoy your bad luck lmao

>recommending a more expensive 1070ti over a $300 1080 :^)

can't believe I fell for the amd meme. my system is slow as molasses

Attached: 1533333178472.png (1400x1608, 399K)

Find a $300 1080 in Australia, or forever remain a shitlord

But user, they're literally the same price

Attached: GZd.png (750x80, 8K)

not reading that wall of text

>dt

There are already chink DDR4 RAMs on the market but the highest they can go is 2133 right now.

Now post Australian prices.

>how Intlets remain blissfully ignorant

Is PC gayming even worth it? I could buy 6 ps4's for the price of a good gaming computer and even then I'd not be completely safe if the developers fucked up the optimization or I had some obscure driver issues or incompatibility issues

I have an AMD system. its just slow as shit

pcpartpicker.com/list/cqXH7W

How is this for gaming on 1080p144hz gaming? I play basically anything but something like MHW would be an example, DQ11 in the future, various games that aren't out yet like RE2R and DMC5, though I obviously don't know what those demand in terms of hardware.

Also I'd like to do some emulating but not the point I'd mess with overclocking an unlocked CPU, I do know you need a beefy CPU for that.

Really clueless about motherboards and power supplies, but I don't know shit in general compared to you guys so any help is welcome.

true. I just game on my console

>good gaming pc is $1800

AMD Ryzen or AMD FX? Because those are two completely different things.

>get the K version if u wish to take advantage of your Z370 mobo and overclock, otherwise get H370? if you don't wish to OC
>cpu cooler is ok, pretty cheap but does the job. anything Noctua would be probably better
>i dont like gigabyte personally, but this board has all the features you want I guess. I'd recommend the Asus strix-f z370
>any memory would do, try go for ddr4-3000/3200 at maybe 16/17 cas latency, thats should be cheap enough
>get a 500gb boot drive nvme or sata ssd
>4tb is cheap as fuck now anyways
>maybe a gtx1060 6gb? depends on what you play/do?
>decent PSU, i'd recommend EVGA supernova g3?, top notch PSU
>any case as long as it fits your choice of cpu cooler and gpu length

It's not good gaming if it's not on ultra settings 1440p/144hz AT LEAST, sorry

ryzen. I regret buying it every time I use it.

tfw want to make a comfg 2200g linux box

Biased place to ask this my dude.
Personally, I say yes; it's worth it. All you'd need is about $700 and you'd have a rig that could max out almost every game currently out.

>not spending over 1k on a high-end 1080p144hz build just to play indie shit/games from 2007

>All you'd need is about $700 and you'd have a rig that could max out almost every game
Post the build

>why?

Oh oops, I clicked the wrong CPU. Meant to be locked, my bad.

That is exactly what i have done.

Attached: 1533239302009.jpg (316x160, 4K)

BUT to be fair the age of $300-$400 'console killers' is pretty much dead, unless you count in used parts

Do you actually get any kind of performance boost for using a linux or is it just for enthusiast autists

i realised that's excatly what i'm gonna do with my build that i'm planning right now yet i can't stop myself.

Skeptical.

why? to what part?

>spend over 1k
>want to play games maxed out but fucked up component choice and everything lags and stutters
>have 1k machine to play warcraft from 2004 and stronghold HD

:D:D, i have unironically considered selling my 2700x + 1080ti system for a 2400g and 1050 or something with linux for my daily uses. Most indie games these days work natively with linux and/or very easy to get working on wine anyway.