Are there any quiet mechanical keyboards...

are there any quiet mechanical keyboards? my neighbors have been making complaints to our landlord about clicking coming from my place and i need a solution

Attached: 1519448569888.jpg (1067x1700, 96K)

>are there any quiet mechanical keyboards?
yes

do you live here

Attached: rice-paper-walls-amazing-ideas-paper-walls-so-no-need-for-wallpaper-wall-in-lyrics-chords-are-rice-r (640x424, 40K)

no, but i think their bed must be behind my computer dry wall.

>i need a solution
Tell the landlord it's probably your keyboard and they should sleep somewhere else or use headphones.

Even Model M is going to be bellow what anybody with head on their neck would not consider being noisy beyond reason.

I remember when I was sick as hell, barely left my bed for 3 days and neighbor complained that I was "loudly coughing" all night. Like no shit Sherlock.

Lmao they either need to toughen up or you should live in a place with thicker walls.
I've never heard a keyboard so loud that it should pentrate the walls to complaint levels.

What a fucking asshole. Maybe you should've offered to come cough on their doorknob so they could get some perspective.

OP lives with his parents or inside someone's house or apartment.

if i were you i would jerk off with deep breathing noises to hentai with no headphones

I'm going to tell you, as a landlord, I get complaints from tenants or neighbours of my tenants about things that are completely normal and my typical course of action is to tell the offending party to politely fuck off. I can recall two specific complaints from two different people as well as my response:

>From an owner living next to my tenant: "whenever [your tenant] closes his door, my dog can hear the noise and starts barking, and this wakes me up, especially at night. You need to tell him to be more considerate of condo living"
>My response: "I live in a townhouse and I can hear my own neighbours closing the door all the time. So does my dog. You need to train your dog not to bark at absolutely everything, I'm not going to have my tenant tiptoeing like an escaped convict hiding in a derelict apartment"
>From a tenant: "There needs to be some sort of rule about cars, every morning when [other tenant] goes to work, I can hear the chirp from his car and it wakes me up, then I can't get back to sleep and I end up going to work feeling really tired"
>My response: "if you are that light of a sleeper may I suggest you invest in earplugs"

Similarly, your response needs to be "it's probably my keyboard, I think the noise levels are reasonable, they need to be less sensitive"

And don't forget to aim the speakers at the wall. Maybe mix some Barney and Friends tracks in there too.

>The absolute state of /g mechfags
Your neighbors are right, just use a normal keyboard like the rest
>Muh clicking keys are comfy

GTFO

Attached: al-qaeda-advert-531767.jpg (590x350, 26K)

/thread

Stop finger blasting the keyboard and type normal?

>tfw no oriental gf to fuck senselessly in a traditional japanese castle and annoy the neighbors with

I'm inclined to believe that some people are sociopaths or just looking for a fight.
I mean I don't like that my neighbor blasts water from the tap at 5AM, but it's a drawback I expected and nothing can be done about it.

Get a gun and threaten to kill them if they don't keep their fucking mouths shut.

Black switches + rings

You could try not living in a cardboard box

all of my fucking neighbors have hardwood floors and let their kids jump and stomp all day

>tfw you live next to a "massage" business and at least two times a week you can hear fucking

Attached: 1479962991622.jpg (790x796, 81K)

Don't live near white peypo

>the kind of person who thinks the problem is the complaint and not the 1960's keyboard being used most likely late at night when reasonable people are sleeping
I haven't found one. Good luck in your quest.

Feels bad man

silvers lol