Windows 7 is older now than XP was when 7 was released

Windows 7 is older now than XP was when 7 was released.

Attached: Windows-7-featured-image-800x400.png (800x400, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13201/intel-preps-h310-revision-with-win7-coffee-lake-support
support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 7 - 64
windowscentral.com/steam-dropping-support-windows-xp-and-vista-2019
youtu.be/sSEawuTpJKI
youtu.be/dnCUKR1NZ4k
youtu.be/9a8YzP2Syd0
gog.com/games?system=lin_mint,lin_ubuntu&sort=popularity&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We're going to be alright post-EOL, right fellow win7 bros

Attached: 1532617338853.jpg (90x90, 3K)

Yes, baka no kaeru-poster

EOL is a spook to get people to move onto 10. It will be delayed at least 3-5 years (just like XP)

I was worried about the availability of proper chipset drivers for 300-series boards on Windows 7 due to Microsoft's stated lack of support for them, but upon downloading the "Windows 10 only driver" and looking at the readme, it has 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 listed and installs fine on 7 lmao.

what a joke. literally zero reason to upgrade. 7 is comfy af

no

Yes.

And winfags were still afraid of 7 by then. If the trends continue, they will switch at around 2022 or so.

Define "trashy"

It werks pretty flawlessy at what it's supposed to do and is very stable on top of that provided you don't fuck with the registry and whatnot and keep your hardware in good order

With loonix on the other hand you spend 70% of your time adjusting shit and the other 30% is normal workflow whilst with a proper win7 configuration it's the other way around

>on the other hand you spend 70% of your time adjusting shit and the other 30% is normal workflow
False, and you have to spend significantly more time configuring w7

j-just downgrade to 8.1 and wait for it to eol

Don't respond to shills.

Once you get all the updates installed it pretty much jus werks

Microsoft is taking quite a long time to make the next good windows.

They've taken, dare I say it, 33 years

I'm on Windows 10 because this jew company cut support for Windows 7.

Driver for UHD 620 graphics are non existent and tricks for making it work for coffee lake so far not working.

Attached: ap_israel_jewish_intel_sabbath_210_14Nov09.jpg (201x210, 35K)

>he didn't get a 6600k/6700k
Good goy

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 60K)

lol no

Tell your shill wrangler to tell his bosses if they didn't want another XP situation they shouldn't have created another Vista situation.

More like
>he didn't get an Nvidia GPU
Would have solved his driver problems.

Intel is making chip sets that still support Windows 7 in 2019. 7 is going nowhere. Even 4 1/2 years after end of support Windows XP has 10% market share in China.

ganoo linucks will save you

I thought the new Jewtel architectures dropped Windows 7 support?

Two generations of "shit" releases mean the "good" releases stay on.

Attached: goodshit.jpg (594x714, 99K)

Microsoft won't let them. AMD had Ryzen drivers for Win7 but they removed it from their website as soon as it hit the news.

Didn't know they were dropping Windows 7 support when buying this laptop desu.

Besides who could think intel would drop the only usable Windows system to date ?

See anandtech.com/show/13201/intel-preps-h310-revision-with-win7-coffee-lake-support

Lmao I knew they'd backpedal eventually

welp, unless my audio hardware gets support under 8 or 10, I ain't budging offa 7.

um, where's Windows 2000? Still the greatest Windows release of all time.

It's on the NT line, the "better but harder to use"

Every windows since and including 2000 is based on the NT kernel.

I know, but they don't have the servery but clean stuff you need to spend a while to make into a desktop useable OS.

Aren't windows 8 and 10 compatible with windows 7 drivers?

Windows 2000 was a server OS, not meant (and too expensive) for the general consumer

>Windows xxx..., not meant (and too expensive) for the general consumer
>Any sane user would pay for an Windows key...

Attached: 1468336137061.png (499x338, 38K)

That's not the point.

Not really:
support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 7 - 64

7 works fine on ryzen

Attached: Capture (2).png (873x514, 132K)

Yes.

No, Ryzen works fine on 7. The issue is that Windows 7 doesn't include USB 3.0 drivers in the installation, but that can be fixed with a simple installation media patching tool that numerous mobo vendors provide.

EOL isn't gonna bother me since I only use Wangblows for vidya

Cool Story

It just works

Sorry W10 cuck

>implying I don't still use XP

mmk all seeing eye

You know everything

I only hope to ascend to this level of assurance of being all knowing

I still use XP for steam but sadly, valve is shilling google chrome, so Steam will drop support for XP in Jan 2019. Fucking Google. I hate them

>95
>shit
It brought NT to parity with NeXTSTEP. No reason not to have it

>XP
>Good
Shit was broken until SP2, just like Vista

>Vista
>Shit
It's literally the same as Windows 7 when you add SP2.
Probably never used it

>Windows 8
>Shit
It's shit, but it's a god compared to Windows 10 (with classic menu)

I don't understand, what about Steam requires Chrome?

I'll just migrate to a isolated virtual win7 on a linux host.

>95
>NT

>What is NT 4
NT 3 looked like Windows 3

Attached: 300px-Windows_NT_3.1.png (300x225, 54K)

The embedded web browser is chrome or a variant of chrome.

windowscentral.com/steam-dropping-support-windows-xp-and-vista-2019

Ah, so that's why it's such a buggy mess.

Windows 8.1 fixed all the stupid bullshit of 8. Its superior to 7 and 10 in every way.

I think my Mobo has Vista drivers that may work with 7. I'm hoping that I can simply upgrade to 7. If not, I'll just go with linux since I only use it for CS 1.6. Yeah Chrome is terrible.

i'll never forget her

Attached: win7.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

i've already moved on to linux and quit mainstream vidya- gaming oldschool vidya on wine instead in prep for eol

>Windows® 10 only for
>AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
>AMD X399 Chipset

Attached: okay.jpg (250x269, 31K)

ohhhhh shit

>nvidia
>good drivers
LMAOIng@your reply

you install win8 then, silly. It sucks balls compared to 7 but it's still way better than 10

fuck windows fuck stupid users brain damaged sheep's
who wants a system that runs crawlers on your memory
who wants Microsoft RATS?
do you enjoy the malicious updates?
do you enjoy knowing that they have total access to your system?
are you fucking retarded?

Attached: ca1.png (1800x1578, 199K)

Back to your loonix threads

Upgrade already bakas

Attached: w10.png (1366x768, 1.67M)

windows 7 in the year of our lord ------> just as autistic -------> linux

its a wakeup call rather than hate speech

There's nothing 10 can do that 7 can't, other than some DX12 games, but these also have either DX11 or Vulkan modes so it doesn't matter.

Microsoft plans on having Windows 10 the permanent operating system.

>Windows is now a service
>your computer isn't yours anymore

Attached: 1531424719334.png (619x573, 182K)

thank you for proving my point.

At least BIOS is still yours.

You had no point to begin with it, so whatever helps you sleep at night.

thank you for offering to suck my dick tonight, but I'm good, thanks.

you are older today than last night when I was fucking your mom.

Doesn't help that Microsoft made Windows 10 LTSB nearly impossible for consumers to download. I tried and there are so many darn hoops and technicalities you have to go through before you can even get a key, which I still haven't reached.

That's wrong. I am born anew each day with the dawning of the morning sun. So I am actually younger right now than I was last night while you were fucking my mom.

post tits

No, it won't. XP's EOL was delayed because of the netbook w/ Atom processors and 512MB RAM craze (which Longhorn derivatives don't run at all well on). OTOH, any computer than runs Win7 can run Win10.

Still using windows 2000 ,vista and XP for games
using anything else is silly oh since windows 10 does oh everything else.
unless you have pc that can't run it obviously

Oi, koko de nihongo de kakeruna! Weaboo kayo?

>using anything else is silly oh since windows 10 does oh everything else.

Sure, if you like:
>adverts in Start Menu
>sponsored third party apps installing itself without your permission via Store
>UWP bloatware pre-installed
>UI inconsistencies
>forced telemetry
>system refresh every 6 months after major update that is resetting your settings and default program choices

then sure, Windows 10 can do everything. Except that Windows 7 also can do everything and doesn't have any of this crap.

Not the retard you responded to, but I'm on Windows 10 & haven't seen a single ad in my start menu since I got my machine. I haven't even gotten any ads on my start menu back when it was running Windows 8... Or 8.1. And my settings have always been retained after major updates, even though I still have the habit of running Destroy Windows 10 Spying after each update anyways.

As for sponsored apps, they don't install via the Store; they install via Windows Updates. The only valid thing in your list is about the bloatware (which is mostly the OEM's fault,) UI inconsistencies (since MS still wants to force Metro on people) & forced telemetry (which is easily fixed with Destroy Windows 10 Spying).

>The only valid thing in your list is about the bloatware (which is mostly the OEM's fault,)
Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Xbox, Edge, Groove Music, etc are not OEM apps, they are present in every Windows 10 CB/CBB build, even if you clean install original .iso from MS server. The only exception is LTSB.

Should I just use Windows 7 forever or is it genuinely bad to use an OS with no security updates?

Actually, the Solitaire collection wasn't present on my Windows 10 build. However, the XBox, Edge & Groove shit is easily uninstalled, even through Windows' software manager.

It's bad to use any OS online. I mean look at you now, being here, spreading verbal diarrhea all day instead of going out & getting a gf.

Fuck EOL. I literally haven't upgraded my machine since I installed it and never had problems. Every few months I'll let kaspersky and antimalwarebytes run over my system and they never found anything. Windows Defender never finds anything either during regular operation.
You could probably run Windows 7 safely until the sun burns out if you aren't a complete retard.

>Browsing Jow Forums
>Not a retard

>Microsoft Solitaire Collection
Wrong, you only have link to install in start menu
>Xbox, Edge, Groove Music
And what is wrong with it for home user? You can remove them anyway in a matter of seconds.

Swallow GNU/Pill
>Nier Automata
youtu.be/sSEawuTpJKI
>Witcher 3
youtu.be/dnCUKR1NZ4k
>overmeme
youtu.be/9a8YzP2Syd0

gog.com/games?system=lin_mint,lin_ubuntu&sort=popularity&page=1

What's wrong is that is autistic & too hair-brained to do any work to customise his system.

Threadripper only supports 10 but Ryzen still supports 7. This is why many of the AM4 motherboards have PS2 ports, so that WIn 7 users can still install. Their website shows this too, look at img.

Attached: Ryzen.png (553x748, 36K)

>it's the year 2022
>W7 EOL
>still way over 30% market share in many businesses around the world
>ransomware gets released
>millions of users and businesses with encrypted drives
it will be a fun ride

Attached: 1476501784207.gif (650x640, 1.94M)

You disgusting pig!
Post pussy

>It brought NT to parity with NeXTSTEP. No reason not to have it
9x was not NT. Also 95's interface blew NeXTSTEP out of the water.

>Shit was broken until SP2, just like Vista
Before SP2 I used SP1 long enough to know it was fine. You needed an antivirus and firewall to make the security less nonexistent though. Apart from that it was a reliable, stable OS with good hardware support, unlike early Vista.

>It's literally the same as Windows 7 when you add SP2.
Except more bloated and even worse at keeping the clusterfuck that is WinSxS under control. CBS was a horrible, horrible mistake.

>It's shit, but it's a god compared to Windows 10 (with classic menu)
8.1 had most of the improvements over 7 that 10 has, and almost none of the stupid parts. Just get Classic Start Menu and ignore everything Metro except when normal Windows Update breaks and the Metro version rescues you, when on 7 you'd just be screwed.

Don't worry, they'll see the high market share and release another piece of shit ready version like they did for XP.

hurr look how cool I am, I use an old SO cause I'm a hipster hurr

You disgusting puss!
Post piggies

Attached: 1533439624422.jpg (2682x2682, 1.93M)

>Windows 7
Why would anyone be on such an outdated OS? If it's for compatibility reasons, Windows 10 has a compatibility mode. If it's because Windows 10 is "le bad botnet" use LTSB and learn how to edit the registry.