Is Netflix a botnet? Why the fuck normies like it so much...

Is Netflix a botnet? Why the fuck normies like it so much, if you could download anything you want in 1080p from PB for free, and watch it on dumb TV by basic USB media player written in C? (actually i dont know how it is programmed, but i am interested, answer if you know)

Attached: netflix logo.jpg (1500x750, 48K)

>if you could download anything you want in 1080p from PB for free, and watch it on dumb TV by basic USB media player
You're vastly overestimating the skills of the average dumb dumb.

Cuz normies are dumby heads, if the thing their supposed to click on isnt in big bold letters its basically egyptian

>Why the fuck normies like it so much
Normies like Netflix because it’s convenient. It’s simple to use, available on basically every device, and it’s cheap. To them, it has far more content than they could ever want. Normies also generally think piracy is complicated and illegal. Why bother learned what TPB is and what a torrent is when you can just pay 10 bucks a month and get your shows instantly?

>if you could download anything you want in 1080p from PB for free, and watch it on dumb TV by basic USB media player written in C?
Why people still pay for a TV subscription to watch 45 mins of ads?

>TV subscription
haha what? is this a thing in murica?

It's relatively cheap and very convenient, most normalfags don't even know how to use torrent trackers or anything.

This.

Convenience. They don't care about or think about any of the things you've listed, they just want their film to be viewable the instant the thought of watching it popped into their tiny head.

Because netflix takes no effort, a lot of their programs are offered in bitrates higher than 1080p, its cheap af for the amount of content they offer and its better than all the competition. Even though if you know what you're doing the risk is small, for most people the $12/month or whatever it is is well worth it to safeguard against the risk of getting a virus alone. The fact that the quality is consistently really good is just a bonus

It's simple to setup and easy to use and a fast way to watch movies and shows (if they have them).

I don't know how or why anyone even watches television anymore. I haven't watched a television show in over a decade. I don't even have patience for youtube videos that take more than 5 minutes to get to the fucking point, I can't even imagine just blankly staring at a screen for 1-2 hours while it feeds me some plot that's been rehashed a billion times by every series and movie out there.

I meant cable TV... But usually other countries have a TV license to pay

Nice ADD you've got there.

Attached: 1516976720596.jpg (213x74, 5K)

>I can't even imagine just blankly staring at a screen for 1-2 hours while it feeds me some plot that's been rehashed a billion times by every series and movie out there
Yet you waste your time staring at a screen on Jow Forums where the plot never changes and gets rehashed a billion times every day

you sound pretty proud about your screwed up attention span dumbass.....brain broke nigger doesn't have a clue!

Because it's cheap and peope are too lazy to wait for downloading something or search a specific show instead of browsing the catalog which is huge

>Why people still pay for a TV subscription to watch 45 mins of ads?

Only indoctrinated Boomers pay for a TV subscription (and I mean real 50+ Boomers, not the retarded meme). TV subscriptions are not enticing younger viewers and once the old generations kick the bucket they will be fucked. Many operators are already cutting back with many channels being dropped or offering nothing but the same low value content repeated over and over. Just look at the state of MTV for example; it's all cheap to license reality TV garbage. The only thing keeping them alive is exclusive Sports and higher bit rates for HD and UHD (albeit not much more).

My question remains what the fuck is on it that is worth watching? The library has gone to absolute shit the last few years.

Normies use it because they have the info for their parent's accounts and Netflix is too retarded to do anything about it.

I like it because fuck having to deal with private sites that make you go through a rigorous interview process like you're applying for a job. Fuck having to worry about the movie I downloaded carrying an embedded bitcoin miner. Fuck having to dick around with files, seeding to ensure my ratio is on the positive.

I just want to open an app, pick a movie, and relax and not fiddle with shit like an autistic bitch.

>movie containing bitcoin miner
????
>seeding to ensure my ratio is on the positive
do you understand what peer to peer actually means?
>Fuck having to dick around with file
>I just want to open an app, pick a movie, and relax
well you can't do that on netflix because they just delete the show/movie you were watching whenever they feel like. you aren't escaping the complexity of managing a film catalogue, you are just paying someone else to do it for you, and badly (you get what you pay for for $10 a month)

OP is too stupid to understand why Netflix is popular.

I don't see what attention span has to do with willingness to listen to drivel for hours on end.

Why give money to Hollywood when other services are free?

Exactly.

the only reason I have it is because I can't have any other service on my fucking TV so I dont really care

Attached: 1442856249293.png (1190x906, 251K)

user, Netflix IS HARD for norman. Norman asks his son to setup cable. Norman sits in his car and listens to FM radio with ads +and air conditioning for fun. Norman doesn't respond to emails. Norman can't use his phone because he keeps hitting the Bixby button. Norman walks around the mall for fun.

I have netflix and I torrent shit. Though I don't know anyone who actually downloads tv/films anymore. They all stream shit now, Showbox, Kodi plugins/Streaming sites are all available and easy to find.

Don't really care. Netflix is comfy as fuck.

Wow, you posted a reaction image. Fucking Mensa material right there.

It is not only about not knowing how to download stuff, when you torrent something it doesn't remember the last episode you played, it doesn't recommend you what to watch, it doesn't have a nice ui to browse, it doesn't automatically play the next episode. Watching stuff on your tv becomes complicated when almost every device now has a netflix app,

Yes, you can solve some of that stuff by setting up a media center or similar, but that is more of a (time consuming) hobby in itself.

I use netflix for convenience and torrent shows that are not there. But saying using netflix is bc hurrr durr normies cant download shit is shortsighted and delusional.

Attached: 1533485370035.jpg (552x640, 21K)

Seething.

>it doesn't have a nice ui to browse, it doesn't automatically play the next episode
??????

My anecdotal take is
Normans (huehuehue) are scared to go to jail or fined.
People are really indoctrinated to be nice, follow the rules, and don't ask questions.
Secondly, most people never learn or are taught so they just go to Netflix.
It's like everything else, fitness or anything, the barriers and propaganda ceilings are steep at first. Also most of you fucks are autistic fucks who don't want to teach anyone or are tired of the thankless task of teaching
It's not an open source world yet.

It's easy to use and is kinda cheap.Also, some of the netflix shows are ok, so I don't have much problems with that.Obviously, not everyone has the time and bandwidth to torrent 1080p shows

It is owned (pretty much) by George Soros so it's more likely then you think.

doesnt netflix have pirate servers?

Not to mention that if more people start pirating, especially on TBP, the amount of fakes riddled with viruses would somehow reach levels higher than what it is now.

Not really a big fan of Netflix
I've never seen a company make worse entertainment media actually. I don't see why they need to make 8 shows about weed, and 5 more about how great black women are, on top of the 10 they have on LGBT people and civil rights, not to mention the billions of retarded standup comedies by literally whos and women/black people. Yet, they're always churning out a new show about social justice, while they pick off actual shows that have more than 2 seasons.
I'm not one for politics but it gets a little tiring seeing shows get removed every month while a new shitty dude weed show gets produced.
Cancelled my netflix subscription a few months ago so I have no idea if anything changed.

>better than all the competition
hulu is the same price and has way more actual shows that don't suck ass

>riddled with viruses
yeah, because when you pirate a movie the most logical choice is to click "MOVIE_PLAYER_FREE_INSTALLER.exe" instead of "stand_by_me.mp4"
seriously, how can someone be so retarded they get a virus from a pirated movie?

They honestly haven't been good since the studios started trying to squeeze into the market on them and they started putting these trash originals. Stranger things had 3 good episodes and then it fell apart. Other than that I don't think I've seen a good original anything from them.

I used to make stupid emotional rationalizations about my bad purchases too, then I turned 13

Don't use it myself but I see nothing wrong in using netflix. Sound like everybody that's against it only want to justify illegally downloading movies.

After cutting the cable and subscribing to netflix, I'm watching TV less, but enjoying it more.

>seriously, how can someone be so retarded they get a virus from a pirated movie?

This. Can anyone explain me how can you get a virus from downloading a movie? You download a .exe file and people are so dumb that the click on it because they think it's necessary to install some media player or program to watch the movie?

>Sound like everybody that's against it only want to justify illegally downloading movies.

No, I'm against to pay to watch a stupid movie or tv series. I know you can say that if nobody pay nobody would do a movie and art will suffer etc. But first, I haven't enough money to spend it in tv series or movies and second Warner Bros is not going to go bankrupt because I download some movies. Also, I have paid them to watch their movies in the cinema all my life.

Lol imagine download some fucking shitty torrents when you could just watch the fucking thing right there with your bitch. Fucking dumbass

stop whining m8
when you wanna watch something by urself, you load up a streaming site or a rip

when ur gf wants to watch something u load up netflix since no bullshit and better clarity without waiting too long, and better content etc

My girlfriend doesn't mind waiting for the torrent to download.

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>not using Netflix and torrenting movies

Netflix is great for on a whim movie watching and saving disk space. If there's something I really wanna watch I'll download a 4k torrent.

I couldn't care less abou warner bros you're right; they are always going to keep going no matter what. The unwillingness to pay for things is mostly effecting small companies.

Fuck that post was written poorly my bad, I'll try again. Big companies couldn't care less if 10k people didn't bother to pay for something because they have all the money they'll ever need. But that 10k could make a huge difference on those without that kind of money. So only torrenting movies would lead to more and more smaller studios dying, big studios always never risk it so the creative stagnation you mentioned would become possible.

>implying you can tell the difference between 1080p and 4k
Yeah who wouldn't possibly want to use a less convenient way to see the same shit.

I kind of ruined that post too. Sorry man I'm angry and tired right now but I still think you got the underlying point of my argument.

Nah I still got and I think it's garbage. I got Hulu and amazon as well. I guess it depends on what you're into but I'd say prime is the weakest in a pure numbers game only, they have more good stuff than Netflix. Hulu is the best of the three imho. They netflix library is the biggest but it's 95% filler.

Files with .mp4 extensions are not magically virus free. You can put a virus in a fucking pdf.

So you admit pirating can be harmful and a big reason you don’t have netflix is because you are too poor.

Yeah I understood what you said. That small studios are the ones that will suffer and creativity too because big studios don't risk making new stuff they only do the things that they know are going to sell tickets.

But small studios don't release movies at the big theaters that I use to go. Maybe in small cinemas that screen alternative movies but I haven't gone to watch an alternative movie ever in my life so.

You can though

Yeah I don't have enough money to pay for stupid tv series or movies but If I would have enough money to do it I wouldn't do it either. The only people that I know that pay for Netflix are people that don't know how to download movies.

pdfs are a horrible clusterfuck, including everything from drawing lines on a canvas to a full blown javascript environment, you can't really compare that to an mp4 file

normies have no idea how to use torrent, it terrifies them

They supposedly spend billions, yet the content is trash.

What makes it worse is the UI. The UI tries to trick you into watching more and more. I don't like these manipulative new UIs, I rather have laggy shit UI than manipulative slick one.

>have to find show you want on torrent site
>no description of what show is
>download it
>get media player or DLNA server to tv
>watch episode
>wow i like this
>have to go find 20-22 more torrent files and download them all and repeat

or you can just pick the show on Netflix, watch the trailer and description and binge watch all the shit. Even i've streamed shit i've got on a HDD just because it's easier

Fair enough, but just to play devil's advocate, there have been security vulnerabilities exploited by mp4 files in the past, and there is no guarantee it won't happen again.

JAVA SCALA JS

>no description of what show is
Wikipedia
>have to go find 20-22 more torrent files ans download them all and repeat
Either download them background when you're watching the first/second episode, or find a torrent with all episodes

>Either download them background when you're watching the first/second episode, or find a torrent with all episodes

But i don't know if the show is good then i have to go back to the torrent site and find the rest instead of fucking watching it

how can you type that dribble and think it's easier than something autoplaying the next episode in HD

>first/second episode
>/second
Once you figure out you like it, then download the rest.

In what way?

Pretty sure no on in this thread has used Netflix if they're arguing torrenting is easier

Yeah it's free vs paid but not easier

>trailer plays
>like it
>press again to play episode 1
>it's pre buffered the start for you so instantly plays and menu just fades

yea PB doesn't auto download the next thing that you'll like and play it for your fat babby ass while you sit there and eat cheetos tho does it?

I have it, I don't use it because piracy is far more convenient.

>downloading from PB
I've had my internet turned off multiple times by my ISP because one of those so called "normies" is too retarded to do it right

Where are you from?

>click
vs
>click
>select download app
>wait
>waste storage
>open in app
>select app on gamebox
>hope it works

I don't use it cause the content they offer can change at anytime and cause torrents are dirt simple (to me anyway). The media files will last potentially 50-60 years (or however long your alive) if you store them (and rest of data) properly. I already had a decent size media library from my DVD/CD collection anyway.

use a vpn?

this. everyone overlooks the fact that netflix can disappear any time and all the media you accessed through it will be unavailable eventually. Also it's fucking retarted from an efficiency perspective to clog up the lines with constant stream of garbage entertainment

you take a gigantic risk of having your internet shut off after your isp gets multiple DMCAs because of your piracy

i stilll have internet luckily after having 50 DMCA notifications sent to me. i didn't even know about them. i stopped using public torrents because of it. i still pirate but with private torrents

Attached: giphy.gif (200x301, 898K)

>Why the fuck normies like it so much, if you could download anything you want in 1080p from PB for free, and watch it on dumb TV by basic USB media player written in C?
Do you think normies care about whether or not their media player is written in C? Damn, you are THICK

I need help getting a better fundamental understanding of how computers and software work so I can continue to teach myself more about them

I understand enough about computers to use them competently and write some basic code but I feel as if somebody asked me how a computer actually works I wouldn't be able to tell them.

Are there any videos or books to help me get a better understanding?

I've been playing around with different windows and linux versions in VMs and watching random videos but I thought I'd ask here if there are any better resources to look at so I don't waste so much time.

pic not related

Attached: 1530651745189.jpg (226x250, 5K)

What country is this? I haven't heard anything like that here in Spain.

>everyone overlooks the fact that netflix can disappear any time and all the media you accessed through it will be unavailable eventually.

You're not buying it so why does it matter? You're paying to rent which is exactly the point.

Bet you use steam also you fucking cuck

>Is Netflix a botnet?
Yes

Attached: netflix-and-drm.jpg (749x499, 99K)

Why u ask Jow Forums about normie things?

Attached: 1461008540823.png (457x450, 88K)

> go to one website
> install DRM botnet
> click what you want
> watch

Netflix is popular because it *eliminates* choice.

It's annoying to pick which site to go to, judge which option of greatly varying quality is worth downloading, hope you find all the seasons, wait a varying amont of time to download from seeders (if the torrent still has any), and then manage the file on your hard drive.

What I want is ONE place to go with a CONSISTENT experience. This is what Netflix is selling. Normies don't have to google "watch x online" and deal with ass quality from some ad stuffed shitty flash player. Some torrent sites do have consistency, and those are the places that I search. Quality control and curation is important. Just providing a platform is not enough if you can't clean up the garbage.

TPB is a slush pile, and I only go there after looking everywhere else.

Eh, I'm with you bro.

It annoys me that Netflix insists on making a lot of their shows at a 2:1 aspect ratio. It's just wasting screen real estate.

Thee's a ton of Bollywood movies if you're into that.

TV networks stopped licensing to Netflix for reasonable rates because they are scared of it and trying to choke the competition. The library taking a hit is not Netflix's fault.

Netflix has countered by funding their own exclusive programming, and some of it is quite good. Netflix can keep a niche show alive that would never survive on a major network because it would be pushed to 3 am by mediocre but popular Big Bang Theory-tier shit. Netflix isn't restricted by timeslots and can give more people what they want. Netflix has gone to work reviving cult classics and things that never got the love they deserved. A good example is the "A Series of Unfortunate Events" books. Netflix made it an actual TV show with two hours per book and I love it. Patrick Warburton narrates as Lemony Snicket and Neil Patrick Harris plays Count Olaf. It works so much better than the awfully rushed Jim Carrey movie and captures the humor of the books much better.

And because things are released a season at a time, TV shows pick up more complicated and subtle stories that span multiple episodes because they don't have to battle everyone forgetting last week's episode. You can have detailed plotlines last a whole season because people binge three episodes a night.

>TV networks stopped licensing to Netflix for reasonable rates because they are scared of it and trying to choke the competition

>retards actually beleive this
>tv networks don't want hundreds of millions in licensing

Netflix paid 100mil for Friends
Netflix paid Seinfeld 100million for 2 comedy specials and his coffee show

All the comedy specials like rock, seinfeld and chappelle were 20-25million each.

Adam sandler gets $15mil per movie and he doesnt' even have to star in them

Which one is more of a "reasonable rate"? And remember friends is a big commodity still, smaller shows would be way less like Scrubs etc

I'm not seeing how that does anything other than support the point.

100 million for 236 episodes and 10 seasons of a show

OR

5 comedy specials

And again other shows wont cost that much it's literally only friends and seinfeld.

If shitty TBS can pay for re runs of fucking everything netflix can buy streaming rights

Their endgame won't work, they either just license it back out or increase sub price a shitload

I still don't get your criticism. Netflix had to choose between two options and it chose. That doesn't say anything about whether licensing has gotten more expensive for them. 100 mil is a lot.

If you think the comedians were a dumb idea, what else could Netflix have got for that?

From a business perspective, they probably chose the comedians because exclusive is better for attacting new people. There are also way fewer big comedians than big shows, so it is way cheaper to get every comedian normies can name over every show.