Deals

Where do y'all find deals on old but good computers?

Attached: dell_optiplex_790.jpg (361x450, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

govdeals.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ebay, craigslist, buyout at a business closing down, dumpster diving, getting a "broken" pc from friends

dang thats not a bad list. i dont have any friends tho.. *sips*

Came here to post this. Especially bankruptcy sales are a good opportunity.

I got an old Pentium II system for free back at college. Might consider selling it due the retro craze now.

>retro craze

Only applies to rare computers, like Apple II. You can consider yourself lucky if someone buys it for $30.

Yea...better off selling one of these. $75+

Attached: IMG_6238.jpg (2016x1512, 721K)

bankruptcy sales are the best
i found 8 new in box 500GB samsung SSDs for $100 at one of these last year

>bankruptcy sales
would i literally just search bankruptcy sales near me?

I think the proper term in English is liquidation sale. I just translated it ad-lib.

They're much rarer than a random PII shitbox which can be found in every second basement.

>Ebay pricing

Attached: hbjy677676.jpg (1469x498, 197K)

Who'd really want some generic CP/M office box that can't play any games?

Why not? Just slap in a Gotek and type away on WordStar.

Check with high schools or universities. Before I graduated my school just gave me 5 pentium 4s for free. I still use them for tinkering

>Apple II
>rare
>6 million of them sold and they were in every school computer lab in America
I've seen them more often in the wild than I have C64s. I give you the II/II+ is much less common than the IIe which they cranked out like sausages as a fleet computer for schools.

Ex-lease company's some are fairlly good if you like second hand.

craigslist and thrift stores

*sips*

I steal processors, ram, and SSDs from my job desu

Is this the 90s? Goodwill banned computer stuff since like 2003 or something after they went to a corporate ownership model. All that's there now are old keyboards and phone chargers.

Why did you delete your post, asshole?

Maybe he wanted to add more info to it? Derp.

Or maybe because user replied to him with le Reddit man energy drink meme.

Ebay.
The thinkpads I've refurbished are all from liquidations and they all were sold through ebay.
I've also refurbished or used some optiplex or poweredge dells, and they were also all from ebay.
My current server rack was an ebay sale too. Came with the psu and switch.

>12-17 million C64 units sold VS 6 Mill Apple II
> came out 5 years after the apple II

This is why Jow Forums sucks. faggots just troll, post their opinion like it's fact, then move on. Even though everything in your post is correct, you mislead people into thinking the post you replied to is wrong. Care to give your explanation now as to why you'd see more C64's vs Apple II's?

>Care to give your explanation now as to why you'd see more C64's vs Apple II's?
That's the thing. In 20+ years of thrifting, I've seen C64s exactly twice while I've seen Apple IIs several times, including complete setups with a monitor, disks, printer on at least two occasions. For all the huge number of C64s sold, I'm surprised at how rare they seem to be encountered.

IDK about you but here in the Northeast Apple IIs were an overpriced school box nobody had at home. I'm surprised at all the Californiafags who go "Wow really? Apple IIs were everywhere here."

*goes fishin'*

California is in Apple's backyard and people there are rich and can afford their overpriced hardware.

I get my PCs from Ebay. Got a t430 for $150 and a Optiplex 9010 i7 for $200

>meme that flat-out originated on Jow Forums is now being passed off as something from Reddit
Come on, really?

>still charging $1200 for an 8-bit computer in 1990

The Apple II was definitively obsolete by the mid-80s, nobody at that point were dumb enough to buy them except clueless school IT departments who fell for Apple's marketing. I mean, criminy, we're talking a computer from 1977.

Yeah people like to think of the whole 8-bit computer era (roughly 77 to 84) as of a piece, but in reality major changes took place every year. The computer world in the mid-80s was very different than it had been in 77 when the Apple II came out.

The infamous Apple II locked up in a closet in the school computer lab because it was so pricey they were afraid to let kids use and possibly break it.

>boomer meme originated on Reddit
Have you only been here a week?

Enlighten us to as its origins, retard.

It started as a Jow Forums meme making fun of old guys at the gym. How on Earth you can get Jow Forums out of that I have no idea.

Maybe C64s are just more collected and less likely to sit around.

I was just reading about Micro Decisions. Nifty little machines but they're not really for gaming.

Retard, goodwill is all online now

Translation: Anything remotely valuable is instantly given to Ebay scalpers and never hits the shelves.

govdeals.com/