Mac OS X - Hackintosh

Anyone here using hackintosh? (VM doesn't count)

Is it still a shit show or is it finally reliably and easily done? Would like to use it on my old Thinkpad W520

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=https://www.tonymacx86.com/
github.com/acidanthera/Lilu)
github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/blob/master/KnownPlugins.md)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is it still a shit show
>Mac
Pick both.

Har har har. If there's anything good about apple it's their operating system that is better than windows and of course anything is better than loonix on a desktop/laptop

Macos is a barely functioning shitheap that doesn't even work properly on a tiny fixed set of hardware configurations.

Attached: 1518622583413.png (750x933, 317K)

>cherry picked irrelevant shit about a single update
If you have no knowledge of hackintosh, just gtfo of this thread.

>muh APEL
If you have no knowledge of computers, just GTFO of Jow Forums.

Attached: 1527031678811.jpg (400x1512, 99K)

>fagOS

>muh
Do you understand the last person to want hackintosh is an apple fan who owns apple hardware? Now go try being "le edgy apple hater" over at reddit where faggets care.

>>cherry picked irrelevant shit about a single update
If only it wasn't a trend.

I thought about doing it for a while but I'm too lazy. I abhor Windows but neither Mac nor Linux support all of the software I need.

I don't care mate. I don't need that update on my hackintosh. I have a spare laptop and I sometimes have need for mac os but refuse to give applel any shekels. Now gtfo of my thread if you want to repeat the ancient meme of shitting on a company no one cares about on this board for a circlejerk.

It's been easy af for years on desktops. Unless your laptop has similar parts to macs, it's probably going to be a pita

>easy af for years on desktops
Is there an up to date (recent) guide somewhere? Back when I looked into it, you had to collect random files from all over the web or some shit to get it to work.

he probably means easy in comparison to installing the dumpster fire known as GNU+Linux

Attached: ftfy.png (400x1650, 387K)

I've used it in the past, still have my El Capitan install. IMO it's not worth it: OpenGL performance is crap, it can't write safely on NTFS and even read EXT4. Its applications also connected home more than I'd like it desu.

Attached: Dawn and Darkrai.jpg (1057x1500, 623K)

Back to plebbit for up votes on your cancer

Attached: ecd.png (680x510, 567K)

None of that is relevant or important to me.
>opengl
Not going to gaym
>loonix/windows drives
Not gonna keep em on my spare laptop
>connected home
Learn2use little snitch

It can use the same ntfs 3g as lunix! And there are ext implementations for os x too

Has anyone Hackintosh'd a ThinkPad T410?

>None of that is relevant or important to me.
Good for you. Those were a deal breaker for me and I simply don't use it anymore. I leave it there in case I need OS X for something.

>Learn2use little snitch
I didn't complain I couldn't block them, I complained that it was phoning home without any explicit instruction to do so.

Attached: ehhh.jpg (508x605, 75K)

Why isn't there a good installation ISO for Hackintosh yet?

It's been straight-forward for years. I built a desktop for light gaming and it ended up being fully-compatible with macOS. Been using it since 2015 or so, currently running latest version of High Sierra. Everything works, it's great. Go to tonymac or some shit.

Fuck that, don't use a gay-ass distro, use vanilla macOS. That's like using Windows XP Pirate edition.

hackintosh isn't worth it. updates always break shit and there's alway little annoying power management bugs.

buy a used mac on craigslist and call it a day if you want a cheap mac.

lmgtfy.com/?q=https://www.tonymacx86.com/

my shit never breaks and i have had no issues with mine for ~5 years now user

So do Hackintoshes need to masquerade as an iMac or MacPro, etc?

Can I build a Hackintosh and reliably upgrade it each time?
If so, I'll start building them for normies instead of Windows 10 Botnet.

>hackintosh isn't worth it. updates always break shit and there's alway little annoying power management bugs.
The fuck are you talking about? Have the same built since 2012 and since then every single update just worked.
I will need to upgrade my old AMD card now though because it doesn't support Metal and that's needed for Mojave. CPU is a i7 3770 so the iGPU won't cut it either (regarding Metal).
Will wait for nVidias next release and then probably grab one of their current cards for cheap(er).

/thread

It's great as fuck. Definitely better than Apple's own hardware.

Then answer op

are there any hackintosh-related websites that aren't complete garbage fires worth of shadiness, viruses, intrusive ads, weird javascript code, paywalls/likewalls/tweetwalls, and general bad web design?

i cant find a fucking dmg file for macos and i cant access a mac to get one.
send help.

Use(d) it,
Yes still a shitshow,
Unless you’re building or buying a new computer, in that case it’s great

I did this with my Haswell i3 machine. It works, but it's never quite perfect. Updating, although supposed to work in theory, is always a risk. When I built my new 8700k rig I decided to just use Win10 and forget having a hackintosh drive, but I'm keeping the i3 hack around in order to submit to the iOS App Store and any other macOS-specific tasks that come up.

Would be inclined to agree with this to be honest- my system is working okay right now, but it's on Sierra (old xcode) and I really don't have the time or patience to upgrade it. If it dies, I'm going shopping for a used Mini or Macbook.

>I'll start building them for normies
Oh god no, horrendous idea. Remember, most techs/repair shops will never have even heard of the concept never mind be able to troubleshoot it. Avoid unless you want to be their dedicated support person forever.

macos isnt distributed as an image since snow leopard
You can use BootDiskUtility to get the recovery image from apple's servers

They're not gonna get it, unless they're total plebians who could as well use ChromeOS

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.06.21 PM.png (876x582, 58K)

Attached: 1521016287824.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

I have two hackintosh machines now.
One's my desktop:
3570K, GTX 1050ti 4GB, 240/120 Sandisk SSDs
one with macOS 10.13.6 and the other Windows 10.
And the other I'm using right now is a Samsung NP300 laptop with a core i5 3210M (intel HD4000).
Everything works great with Sierra 10.12.6, I even got gestures to work with VoodooPS2 and the audio static noise was easily fixed when I switched the output frequency on the MIDI audio app built in macOS.

Updating to High Sierra is fine if you do it from the terminal and avoid switching to APFS.
Honestly, it's a damn good operating system, everything runs way smoother on this old laptop with a mechanical drive. Waay smoother than any version of windows.

I've used plenty of Linux distros: Slacko, puppy linux (on a asus EEEPC4G), arch (evo installer), debian 8 and 9, ubuntu 12 to 16.04, fedora, Opensuse etc... even some BSD* (freeBSD and OpenBSD).
I stayed with macOS because once you install stuff like xtrafinder, macports and xquartz there's really no point in using linux anymore.

I heard Facebook was working together with Apple on some new iOS hardware. You should probably just wait for FBiOS to be released.

What's the point of a Hackintosh? Windows' software library is a million times larger and I don't care about the faggy UI.

macOS is better than windows, that's the point of it i guess

Wrong. Literally anything is better than the abortion that is fagOS.

> macOS is better than windows, that's the point of it i guess

Funny isnt it how i erased MacOS on all my Macs.

Attached: IMG_6053.jpg (3264x2448, 2.08M)

t. retarded winfaggot that's only used one OS
kek

Attached: 1526935894184.png (586x578, 37K)

>hacHintosh

You don't know shit

I've been updating my Hackintosh since El Capitan. It only brakes if you're too lazy to set up your Clover EFI partition right.

mactorrents.com

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Edgy/10

Unless you've got an Intel CPU and AMD GPU setup, it takes a lot of work to get there. Get ready to spend a few days of research before you get anywhere close to a working system. If you haven't already built your PC, follow a build guide from tonymac to make sure you only get shit that's compatible.

Gaming is doable but still not great under NVIDIA. Editing seems a bit more stable than my Windows partition somehow. In general the experience is great if you're already used to macOS or have an iPhone since you can use shit like iMessage etc.

It takes a ton of patience to get here, but once you do, it's pretty comfy.

Attached: hacOS.png (698x466, 114K)

see

nice job wasting money on shitty hardware and completely defeating the point of spending money on that shit to begin with. why would you buy a mac just to put windows on it?

All of the 10.13.x updates had major flaws in them.

I used hackintosh for about a year. El Capitan to Sierra. Wasn't that bad, updating it wasn't that much of a problem (honestly it's people who use that multibeast shit that have problems, because they don't bother to put the right files in the right places).

It worked.... well. Not perfect, just pretty decent. I would go as far as to say it worked better than some linux distros by spending the same amount of time setting it up. There was a slight stutter with animations with a 280X and that always bothered me a little bit. The problems I experienced:

-My dedicated sound card didn't work at all. No drivers for it.
-My mouse required third party software to disable mouse acceleration.
-The native NTFS driver is ass so after I figured out how to write shit, I would get nothing but errors. Even with commercial software like Tuxera (which worked better than paragon for me) would have some issues with transferring several files at the same time.
-Dual booting was weird and required me to keep around an .efi file to rename it in case Microsoft decided that an update should restore the bootloader back to the Windows one and only boot Windows instead.
-Every fucking time I would forget about "safely removing drives", shit was annoying
-To be honest, I had to spend some time learning about editing .plist files and doing some fuckery with kexts. It's not straightforward shit.
-And of course, don't look to play any games that you couldn't play on Windows with integrated graphics. Deus Ex HR runs worse on macOS than MD does on Windows. Shit, I know you're going to say "it's not an OS for games" but you have a piece of hardware, you might as well use it efficiently. No excuse.

It’s easy af I’ve reinstalled everything in less than hour including making the usb

How is ryzen support now days? I have a 1700 and a gtx 1060

>ITT: ""Hackintosh" brought to you buy one-clicker installer multi-beast and unibeast

>brought to you buy

this.makes more sense than putting a shitty OS on decent computers.

Optiplex 7010, i5-3470, 4gb, 64gb adata SSD, pny GeForce 710
$100 for the PC, 30 for SSD, 30 for gfx card
I did a vanilla install, as described on plebbit, except I used voodoo audio drivers.

Everything works. Hell this machine is faster than the 2017 macbook pro I have for work.
desu I only use it to build mac native javafx installers though.

Attached: 1516717806327.webm (390x810, 602K)

Use a VM to make an install image

>muh gestures
How autistic do you have to be that fucking gestures stump you

Why macports over homebrew?

>I'm a hipster that needs his fagbook while he sips his s.oy latte in starbucks
>but I need the validation from Jow Forums too
How you end up with the worst of both worlds is beyond me

Oh look. It’s shitskin Microjeet and his spares laptop from eBay. Have you moved out of your grandmother’s house yet? Are you still chubby?

I have a relatively new intel processor (i7 7500U) with intel integrated graphics. From what I've read, the compatibility is good. Anyone can confirm?

Any good resources?

>all major tech companies loudly support sodomy and cultural Marxism
>Apple is the "gay" one
Alright

>private companies support Cultural Marxism
You might want to look up what Marxism implies user

your question doesn't make sense

Yes. It's easyily done and reliable.
Just use clover as your bootloader, have fakesmc.kext, the kext for your ethernet card and lilu.kext (github.com/acidanthera/Lilu) with the plugins you need (github.com/acidanthera/Lilu/blob/master/KnownPlugins.md) (Those are usually optional, but WhateverGreen tends to fix some minor GPU bugs and AppleALC.kext enables sound with built in sound cards).

That's basically it. You can always fuck around with your ACPI tables (mostly DSDT) if you want absolute perfection, but usually, clover and lilu will already make everything work flawlessly, especially if you tell clover to make your system appear as Windows 7.

see

Oh yes, the unemployed shitposter who literally has scripts set up that notify him whenever a thread where any apple-related term is posted so he can keep doing his
>Muh applel
>Muh mactoddlers
>Muh crapple
>Muh iToddler
shtick 24/7 and be all buttdevastated will totally change my mind.
And boy, journalists are especially trustworthy and would never blow minor complaints that only affect a fraction of users out of proportion. That cringy nu-male image totally isn't a red flag that you're dealing with an article that has no substance but wants to get clicks to get ad revenue or anything.

macOS works fine. it's not flawless, but no OS is.

>fagOS
>work fine
Good joke.

Also:
>mactoddler soiboi
>calling someone else a nu-male

Attached: 1525461628408.jpg (420x572, 82K)

>everyone i don't like is one person
The state of mactoddler delusion.

> 20/apr