How do I change my IP address?

how do I change my IP address?
please no bully

Attached: 1424025566017.png (325x297, 40K)

Turn your wifi off and then on, it generates a new one with every connection

apparently that doesn't work with my internet
this is what I got as a reply from an at&t guy:

>You can't. AT&T sets IP through the VRAD, matched to a gateway through 802.1X authentication.

>You have three alternate options.

>1) Request a new gateway. This has a 50/50 chance of giving you a new IP. Only works if you get a new one and not a refurbished.

>2) Convince a tech to change your port on the VRAD. Which they probably won't do without a good reason.

>3) Buy a set of static IPs

Neo Jow Forums doesn't know how to change their IP address.

Hope you find a mommy gf, OP.

Attached: 1533648147648.jpg (540x540, 34K)

You have a 4th option. Change your ISP

why the fuck would I change away from fiber
what else am I supposed to do? go back to fucking frontier?

Get a VPN and set it up so you can pose through a selection of false IP addresses.

does that work even if I'm phoneposting?

>AT&T
top kek

I don’t know. Probably not.
Any other anons that can cover this? Now I’m curious too. I’m pretty sure they exist, but I say probably not because I’ve never heard of one that’ll do that for you. Then again, my specialty isn’t phones tho, so I can be wrong.

I mean phoneposting from my home connection, not mobile
what's wrong with them? they laid fiber in my neighborhood and I don't have any other option that's even close

VPN, as mentioned, is probably your only option. Dunno how'd you set that up on a phone, but I'm sure there are options if you search around.

For mobile I use an app called proxy master (downloaded in the app store, free). It works pretty well. It lets you select which apps you can use the proxy for

As for desktop, Private Internet Access works well for me (you have to buy a subscription though). If you want to go the free route, theres a program called SoftEther VPN Client Manager that lets you manually choose the VPN you want, but theyre unreliable and almost always slow AF, so you get what you pay for

Is this whole thread a larp or what???

well that app works but I can't find an IP that isn't rangebanned here
no I'm just really stupid

You are an idiot. He's obviously talking about his externally provisioned IP address from the ISP and not internal IP addresses

First, see if your router supports MAC spoofing (also sometimes called MAC cloning). If it does, tell it to use a new MAC address, then reboot your modem. If your router and modem are the same device, or if you do not have MAC spoofing/cloning, you will need to reboot your modem with a different device plugged in to it (a device with a different MAC address) or spoof the MAC address of that device.

This works for Comcast. I don't know about other ISPs. Basically, if the modem reports a different MAC address back to the ISP, they provision a new IP.

I thought modem and router meant the same thing? in any case I only have one and I've looked all through the settings page but couldn't find a way to change it unless I'm missing something
I don't know how to do what you're describing with plugging something different in to it or spoofing it

My ISP uses the infamous Carrier-Grarde NAT, also know as NAT444. I have to call them every few months to tell them to give me a unique public IP address.

Modem connects to the ISP
Router connects computers in your home network
Often these are combined into the same device

Fun bonus fact: "modem" is an antiquated term from back when the internet went across analog phone lines, and is short for "modulator-demodulator."
Modern "modems" that work with cable/DSL/fiber are more accurately called "terminal adapters" (but few people besides people that work in the field will know what you're talking about).

oh okay
well like I said I only have one and going through the settings page I couldn't find a way to edit the mac address, and again I don't understand how plugging something else into it and changing it that way works at all

Attached: Screenshot_20180812-030747~01.png (1440x292, 40K)

forgot to mention that's the homepage of my modem's settings, if you have a better idea of where what you're talking about would be located I'm all ears

>4) Use Tor network

>5) Pay for some shitty VPN service

Wow those jews didn't tell you about proxies or vpn.

You can't because the Illuminati assign you a static IP to track what you do. You can try using a VPN but we all know they are botnets.

I'm not the same user as , but what it sounds like he's saying is you need to trick your modem into thinking it's connected to a new internal network, and you do this (according to him) by connecting to it with a device with a MAC address it hasn't seen before.
Presumably, that should be the only MAC address it sees (or at least, the first one it sees).
So,
1. figure out how to change the MAC address on one of your devices (but don't change it yet)
2. disconnect everything else from the mode/router
3. change the MAC address on the device
4. connect to the modem with only that device
5. reboot device
6. ?
7. profit

Sounds a little far fetched to me, but hey, it's worth a shot.

>5. reboot device
Er, this should read "reboot modem"

You could also try with IPv6.

I've tried using those to circumvent the dumb rangeban my mobile connection seems to constantly have but all the ones I try are rangebanned too
I just want to be able to post without being hunched over my computer 24/7 sometimes fuck

could you elaborate?

If your ISP IP is range banned, then getting a new IP from them probably won't help, since they'll just give you a new one from the same banned block anyway.

no this is a separate thing
my mobile connection (as in 4g) seems to be constantly rangebanned but nearly all the proxies/VPNs I try are rangebanned too so I don't know what the fuck is going on or how to deal with it

I wanted to change my home IP for a different reason

Are those free VPNs? You might have to get a paid VPN to get something that isn't banned.