Being a freetard

>being a freetard

Attached: 1529114793885.gif (286x286, 525K)

Why would I want to be a slave?

freetards are slaves to bad software

>being a proprieturd
>being an anime poster

>Implying that proprietary software is any better than free software

Attached: 1533276121595.jpg (238x357, 13K)

But I can do as I please with the software. The software holds no power over me.

I dream of a fascist regime that will make all software open source.

Attached: Unholy.jpg (560x878, 78K)

Disgusting. Why not free software? Open source misses the point.

I love Ryuuko!

Attached: CUTE.jpg (564x317, 20K)

Someone has to pay for it amd software built on donations is always crap. Open source at least allows you to modify it in any way you like for your personal use, and to distribute only those changes as a patch anyone with the original software can use.

>Someone has to pay for it
Free as in freedom, you fucking idiot.

weeb

Attached: 1441550134799.png (1200x1200, 999K)

No shit, but guess what? Free as in freedom also means free as in able to not pay.

>Free as in freedom also means free as in able to not pay.
You can do that because you can view the source code, you fool. So-called "open source" software cannot force people to pay, either.

>Being childish enough to think he has started a worthwhile thread

>built on donations
it ain't built on donations, its built on people scratching their own itch. They want something to exist that currently doesn't so they write it.

Attached: are you stupid 2.jpg (575x750, 62K)

Ryuuko guzzles so much cum

The difference is free as in libera me software can be legally forked and used for free as in communism while open source software can only be stolen, just like proprietary software, both of which open the pirate up to getting a jackboot sent up his ass.

Sure, works great if everyone is a programmer. Protip they are not. A strictly free software system punishes any company that invests in having software developed for them by giving their competition the same edge with no expense. As great as killing all specialized commercial software sounds that is a hard pass from me.

Don't get me wrong, free software is cool and all, but enforcing free software unilaterally is a terrible idea.

paid software holds no power over you either

>any company that invests in having software developed for them by giving their competition the same edge with no expense
That has not been a consequence of companies writing free software for their own use yet. It has simply made them more productive.

freedom is important, you dumb kids

stick with fortnite

Such as? Most "free" software developed and used commercially is just open source and totally locked down from any other company's use. The only big players that I know of using free software made in shop are government, state sponsored, or donation begging shitshows.

>Such as?
Sun's CDDL.

What...? Their business was providing support for their software as a service. That isn't what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about software that non-software companies use in their every day operations, that they paid a software company to develop just for their needs, that they don't let their competition use.

Software was only one part of Sun's business. Are you actually looking for examples or are you going to try to narrow the field so much that it fits only a couple of examples?

That has nothing to do with anything, what are you, fuck. Fuck it. I'm too lazy to explain this to you. You go ahead and write that up as a win if you want, you're just irritating and I'd have to get paid to try to get anyhing through your thick skull. I feel bad for whatever shmuck teacher had (has?) you in high school.

Why are you using Yiddish?

What is EULA, what is malicious code running in the background

freetard morality is almost exactly like slave morality though

keep defending your foss crapware, one second i gotta complete a task in a proprietary software
ok done
God, it feels good not falling for Jow Forums memes

You know slave morality has nothing to do with actual slavery, right? Or did you read an overview of Nietzsche and just wanted to pepper your vocabulary with things you don't understand?

>having nothing better to do than posting shitty bait about tech

>watching anime

mediocre bait, autismo-kun!

>fascist regime
>open source, something that goes explicitly against far right economic ideals
the absolute state of Jow Forumsfags

>fascism means far right economic ideals
the absolute state of NA education

Wow, having full control over your software is true slave morality.

lel im not a burger
give an example of a fascist state that wouldn't have at least moderate right wing economic policies. they generally rely on them to function. you don't know much about history do you desu? 'third postion' is a meme
enforcing open source is a blatantly left economic policy idea

"open source" doesn't in any way contradict what you seem to call "far right economic ideals".

>being a triggerfag

what? corporatism or ""free market""" are basically the only economic ideals for far right ideologies. neither of them reward open source.
fascism in particular (aggressively favouring corporatism,) would make open source software redundant, since there would not be competition or variants in products. regardless of whether they were directly made by the state or by a corporation. (disregarding potential amateur use)
i'm not talking about some random right lolbertarian making open source i'm talking about which means a fascist state. which would not desire nor have any place for open source. the concept of a fascist government enforcing open source is completely farcical

True freetards are pathetic losers, they like to think they are in control of something, that they are "free", because even they know they are failures and have no control over their life.

>Open source is leftist!
>meanwhile ancap, the farthest right that ever was, calls for abolishing all copyrights and patents to prevent artificial monopoly

>ancap
>right wing
american education everybody

more

Attached: fd633843d5fd8108341163543658c759.jpg (621x960, 120K)

I'm Danish.

>BTW I USE ARCH

Attached: IMG_20180812_001823.jpg (158x158, 5K)

Sure thing, Jimmy.

Why are you a cuck to licenses? Just pirate.

Why would I want to use software written by people who despise freedom?

>YOU ARE ONLY FREE IF YOU DO X
That sums freetards.

i didn't say open source is leftist, i said no right wing economic ideology encourages it, and a state enforcing open source only would be a left wing economic policy. please use your internet connection to increase your reading comprehension desu.
and ancapism is a meme. the most successful corporations would just form a psudeo-state.
besides, a world that was ancap wouldn't have open source software, since that's not economically competitive.
ancap is rightwing. its not a real ideology honestly, but if you had to put it on a spectrum it would be right wing. its 'no state, but somehow keep capitalism.' so its clearly not real anarchism.

If X is allow others freedom and pursue freedom yourself, then yes.

Why do you think anyone would care about your distorted sense of freedom?

Define freedom and compare it to my "distorted" view that one should be able to do as one pleases with, in this case, software.

Freedom is doing whatever I want (no, you can't kill people, it's on the social contract), while also making sure others can do whatever they want. Freetards seem to forgot the last part.

People who support freedom in software are not saying you can't enslave yourself with non-free software, we're saying you shouldn't as by doing so you are propagating the spread of software that infringes on freedom.

>Define freedom
Pic related.
>and compare it to my "distorted" view
Some sort of weird communist idealogy where anyone who distributes or uses software with a license you don't approve of gets sent to a gulag.

>the social contract
I NEVER SIGNED

Attached: 1522022700693.png (1248x1920, 1.57M)

>anyone who distributes or uses software with a license you don't approve of gets sent to a gulag.
Do useds really think this?

Attached: 1533903992638.png (232x197, 59K)

>Live Free or Die

Attached: champion of chaos undivided.jpg (1499x1080, 619K)

Who's this cute thot?

>People who support freedom in software are not saying you can't enslave yourself with non-free software
Freetards are. And it's not enslavement if it's beneficial to you and you agree.

>we're saying you shouldn't as by doing so you are propagating the spread of software that infringes on freedom.
You are infringing my freedom by doing so.

>Freetards are
When has an advocate of freedom in software ever prevented you from being enslaved by non-free software by your own volition?
>And it's not enslavement if it's beneficial to you and you agree.
You are giving up your freedom to use it. It is slavery. Slavery can be beneficial to some, as they do not value freedom.
>You are infringing my freedom by doing so.
Stop it. You're being very stupid now.

>2D
>thot
How dare you?

Attached: 1488861816927.jpg (640x480, 27K)

No one is saying you can't use proprietary software, except the proprietary software developers. If you ever read a proprietary EULA you will see how restrictive it is and how they put arbitrary restrictions on what you can do with the software. Free software gives you the freedom to run, study, modify and redistribute the software as you please.

>it's not enslavement if it's beneficial to you and you agree
Proprietary software preys on this mentality to create vendor lock-in. Once the software stops being beneficial and you try to switch to something else, it's too late, and you no longer have a choice on whether you can agree or not because all your data is locked up in some proprietary format.

>hating freedom

Attached: heh.jpg (300x384, 57K)