I'm unironically contemplating buying a Mac

I'm unironically contemplating buying a Mac.

>Swift seems better than C#
>Based on Unix but not built by freetards
>Cocoa looks great
>High price hopefully signifies decent hardware and support

Can someone talk me out of this? Apple's fanbase can't just be a personality cult obsessing about contrarianism and iOS coming out before Android, right?

Attached: mac-family-compare-201706?wid=741&hei=335&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1505 (741x335, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gigantic waste of money and performance is dog shit compared to a comparably priced windows machine

t. someone who uses a mac every day at work

You get a mac for the screen though

I’m sorry your department bought you a base model Mac mini.

>>High price hopefully signifies decent hardware and support

You must be at least 18 years old to post.

>Cocoa looks great
You're not wrong, but you're too young to post on Jow Forums, Chino

Attached: _HorribleSubs__Gochuumon_wa_Usagi_Desu_ka_S2___07__720p_.mkv_00_15_09.951.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Swift is for iPhone.
Mac native apps market is minimum

Oh boy are you in for a shock.

it's a maxed out iMac just a few years old by now. Windows GPU performance is light years ahead of even the newest and most powerful Macs
which makes dual monitor setup all that much more infuriating

It depends. Use this before deciding what to buy: buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac

Yes, swift "seems" better than C# but really isn't. Especially now that microcucks are opening up nearly all development tools and languages, C# will just increase in popularity and usage whereas Swift will continue to stagnate due to Apple's stubbornness.
High price doesn't mean anything whatsoever, other than increased profits for apple.

Unless your work is buying you one, there's absolutely zero reason to purchase a mac. Buy an XPS laptop, slap linux on there and get to work bitch.

>Swift is for iPhone

Back to /pcbg/ with you, little boy.

>>High price hopefully signifies decent hardware and support
How are you this fucking dumb
>>Based on Unix but not built by freetards
That's not as glamorous as it sounds. Trust me, even if Freetard OS's are eyecancer, they're WAY more functional and productive than using a mac. And I'm not talking about muh tiling windows muh full terminal interfaces muh ncurses gui, I'm talking about full-on desktop environments.

>Swift seems better than C#
>Cocoa looks great
Maybe but then you become locked to OS X.
>Based on Unix but not built by freetards
And it ends up worst. XNU is a mess.
>High price hopefully signifies decent hardware
It doesn't.
>and support
You: I have that issue.
They: Please reinstall.

Swift is open source

Swift is """""""open"""""""" source.

Apache license not good enough for you?

You can always buy a used macbook and test it out. Macbook Pro 2015 is comfy

>Windows GPU performance is light years ahead of even the newest and most powerful Macs

Gee, who would have thought that having a big-ass standalone case would make it easier to swap in bigger, hotter parts compared to a compact all-in-one with fixed hardware?

Newsflash: Most people don’t need that much hardware. Apple makes products for average use cases, supported by well-optimized software frameworks and first-party apps that uses the hardware to its fullest. For that 2% that actually needs more, there’s the iMac Pro, and eventually the all-new modular Mac Pro.

Also, all Thunderbolt 3 Macs have e-GPU support now.

This. The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display is the greatest piece of engineering humanity has ever challenged itself with. There's a reason professionals everywhere use it.

this is what shills sound like Jow Forums

pick your potion

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-12 Swift is a lot like C#.png (1354x7936, 535K)

And here comes Pajeet!

You’re not fooling anyone, Satya.

MacOS is great,
The problem is the hardware,
Build a hackintosh

>>Based on Unix but not built by freetards
You know you will just be running on an altered version of freebsd right?

>t. Homosexual fanboy

macOS is an “altered version” of FreeBSD the way Windows 10 is an “altered version” of VMS.

Roughly speaking...

Attached: 1280px-Unix_timeline.en.svg.png (1280x971, 75K)

Old macs were amazing but nuMacs suffer from
>paper thinned syndrome
>shit keyboard
>no ports for Ethernet or usb

Darwin runs on MACH.
Look up NeXTSTEP, underaged.

What's up with all the macos shills lately? Why do they always spike in activity right before school semesters start?

Consider a hackintosh or something. I can see the arguments for macOS, but their hardware is overheating, poorly engineered garbage.

They are basically the same when C# 8 comes out (ranges, let, nullable reference types and more pattern matching). C# has the upper hand on overall syntax but swift currently has better pattern matching.

C# is so useless that Microsoft rebuilt mine craft in c++

why do you keep posting this in literally every single thread

Unless you're looking to get the new MacBook Pro, you should hold off until the Fall, when the rest of the Mac lineup is expected to be refreshed.

>average use case:
>browse web
>peruse your cloud
>sometimes use powerpoint or whatever piece of office software you need at the time

>pc
>get a chromebook or any work oriented laptop for ~300-400$
>does it's thing

>mac
>spend more than 1000$ for a machine that you will use only for youtube (and that is ironically only capable of that, assuming you didn't buy the 'pro' model which costs even more)

Not an argument. MS would rather use electron and javascript for everything.
Also, rebuilding in a native lang killed the mods which is the only good part about minegraft.
Use the superior terraria(mono gaym) instead

Chromebooks are cheap because you're being funneled directly into Google's ecosystem. There is no opt out.

Also $400 Windows laptops are trash.

Do it OP.

When you're a child, you buy a PC for games.

When you're an adult, you buy a Mac for life.

Attached: apple-lede-2.jpg (1578x900, 201K)

Nah, the surface go is fine.
Chromebooks are cheap because they don't have to pay the Apple Fee™ or the Windows License®.

>started out as "i'm contemplating buying a mac"
>second post is transparent shilling

fwiw the only post I've made was the OP

Google literally subsidizes the price of Chromebooks because it makes that money back by tracking everything you do on it and shoving ads in your face. That is their entire business model: give away stuff to unquestioning cattle so that they can be turned into ad money.

i pick C, thank you very much

STATE YOUR USECASE

Literally, literally ANY answer in this thread that hasn't even considered your complete usecase is one-hundred percent a waste of time and attention.

That is all.

> cult obsessing about contrarianism

You just described Jow Forums ‘s obsession with loonix as well. Buy whatever you want.

I am an adult now so I need dildos and an hourly supply of fresh cum. I don't care about cleaning my throat though