SYSTEMD IS A BACKDOOR

SystemD == verybig && lots of dark corners
faster developped then seen by people .

remember heartbleed ?!
one lil char ---->> fuckin hell

redhat -------------> systemd
| /|\ backdoors
|-----------> goverment----|

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (475x329, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8901)
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658)
forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2018/06/12/devuan_ascii_stable_ships/
devuan.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go take your meds schizo

Terry?

You are not wrong

Please stop spreading misinformation about systemd. All they did was add a module that supports the Speck cipher, which is suspected of being backdoored. A backdoor into a cipher is not a backdoor into the entire system, only the parts of the system that use that cipher. And it's off by default.

I see a lot of arguing here about systemd.
Is it really as bad as people say? And if it is, why utilize it in the first place?

Terry isn't ESL. This is some foreign retard.

Hi Poettering

Not Poettering. Just someone who actually understands cryptography.

Sure you do, not-Lenny

People from Jow Forums love to harp on systemd out of ignorance or trolling. A lot of the shitposting is about shit that went on during the early days of systemd and have long since been fixed or worked out.

You can gladly continue to follow sheep to NEET's on Jow Forums or you can realize that Redhat, corporate america/world, banks, etc all trust systemd by virtue of relying on RHEL for their linux servers. If there was an actual issue or security issue this wouldn't be the case and there would be actual uproar in the industry and not just with NEETs spouting off shit from half a decade ago.

Don't worry about it at this point, thanks to GuixSD systemd will be obsolete shortly

>Thinking big companies never make mistakes with valuable data

You really are a special one arent you!

Thanks
What is that precisely?

there's literally nothing wrong with backdoors

Big companies are not afraid of the government. Systemd and SPECK backdoors are government backdoors.

Attached: cielos.jpg (500x334, 27K)

Prove it

systemd has had shit like validating invalid dnssec signatures (github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8901) and defaulting to google's nameservers (bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658) among other things

Why would a standards group (or anyone with a functioning brain) accept a "secure" cipher standard developed by an organization who's foundation in part is to be able to break encrypted communications?

Attached: mrhappy.png (317x108, 22K)

Ewww
Fair point.
Debian 9 user here - how do I tell if this thing is in use on my machine?

delete this thread

Attached: bogdanoff.jpg (1000x1000, 135K)

>Debian 9 user here - how do I tell if this thing is in use on my machine?
You upgrade to Devuan

Check if you have kernel 4.17. If you do, create /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
and in the conf file put
blacklist CONFIG_CRYPTO_SPECK
Just use devuan brah lol

Attached: Pc096mb.jpg (200x200, 36K)

>Is it really as bad as people say?
No. It's literally FUD.

I'm planning on installing devuan, but I had to fix my desk today, the damn rails for the keyboard tray broke.

Thanks.
I have heard it is possible to change an existing Debian install over from systemd to init.d. Is this correct?

Really?

It would be extremely painful.

Hmmm..

Systemd suffers from a number of strange design decisions such as embedding a HTTP Server directly into the software, that provides remote interactive browsing.

forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2018/06/12/devuan_ascii_stable_ships/

The NSA has been involved in the development of other cipher standards that have been accepted.

Accepted? Really now? By who? What credible source that we could absolutely trust could vouch for the outstanding reputation of the NSA?

devuan.org/

Now Devuan ASCII offers an upgrade from Devuan Jessie as well as a transition from Debian 9 (Stretch) that avoids unnecessary entanglements and ensures Init Freedom.

An upgrade as opposed to having to do a full re-install? That's good. Thanks

Is it true that gparted does not work with Devuan?

>use systemd
>system sits there for 10 minutes trying to get a lease

That was the linux kernel you fucktard.
>And in case you were just pretending to be retarded;
2. Poe’s Law
Not to be confused with the law of poetry enshrined by Edgar Allan Poe, the internet Poe’s Law states: “Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humour, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.”

SystemD includes a JAVASCRIPT interpreter.

Lots of JAVASCRIPT run in WEB BROWSERS.

WEB BROWSERS have blocked the JAVA PLUGIN because it allowed MALWARE.

Thus SystemD is MALWARE CONFIRMED.

>WEB BROWSERS have blocked the JAVA PLUGIN because it allowed MALWARE.

powerful logic.

Doesnt happen to me at home

Installed MX 17.1 .. while init is not systemd the distro still uses it.. ran htop and there it is running wtf.

is there any distribution that doesn't use systemd at all?

I'm on Devuan ASCII but it seems like some of my libraries and packages are a bit behind. Is there a rolling release version anywhere, or do I need to update my kernel from 4.9 to 4.17 first?

whoa man

Attached: fixed.gif (800x534, 615K)

my system D ------>> ur backdoor

every install of ubuntu-'''the os that just werks'''-brings a new calamity. sometimes it's sound, yesterday network, the othe time hardware recognition. systemd just doesn't work.
linux is only good because it's not windows. so stop making linux become a pile of shitd.
i just hope potring anheroes soon.

The NSAs contribution to DES actually made it more secure, as they knew about some weaknesses in the original S-boxes used by IBM that the public didn't know about yet. So instead of rolling along with it and enjoying easily crackable encryption, they helped make it better.

Not vouching for NSA here, they're complete shitbags. Just giving some perspective.

SYSTEMD IS EASIER, AND GIVE FUCKIN PROOF THAT IT IS LE BOTNET YOU BUNCH OF FUCKIN NIGGERS

He is not wrong.

Javascript isn't the same as Java.

Your a big guy

easier than what.
linux was never intended for imbeciles.
go back to windows/macos if you need SYSTEMD

Calm down, Lennart

Very smart.

Bumping for more love or hate for systemd

Attached: stuxnet.jpg (675x1000, 78K)

I think systemd just has some feature creep going on
I wouldn't mind that if it wasn't fucking everywhere, at this point it's basically part of the Linux kernel