What are you losers using your "smart" watches for?

What are you losers using your "smart" watches for?

>In-before poor-faggot.

Attached: loser.jpg (1024x683, 256K)

It's nice to be able to check notifications without taking my phone out. I use one of those chinese ones that you only have to charge every 30 days

>t. i've shell out money for a stupid thing that i have no use for, gimme ideas
that's sad

Checking notifications quickly without pulling out my phone, setting alarms, sending messages, controlling music, checking weather, [spoiler] buzzing my phone cause my forgetful ass misplaces it [/spoiler]

I'm using it as a fashion accessory.

Just like my iPhone.

For Cycling and Alerts. My samsung gear fit 2 has a gps and tells me how fast i am going, how far i have travelled, energy burn and heart rate from a tiny band.

Music controlls from the wrist are god-tier when cycling and it can play 4gb of BT music alone too

Alerts are great. Especially from my proton mail and the watchfaces are aesthetic.

BAD: is its an expensive toy on your wrist. I had a chink metal band that broke and i lost it. I just bought a second one a few weeks ago and i no shit dropped it 2 feet o to tiles in the bathroom and cracked the screen. It was brand new. Its prob not waterproof any more and I am beyond fucking pissed off.

Fucking Money Pits.

Attached: serveimage (35).jpg (640x417, 70K)

Tracking my runs/bikes and sleep

notifications without pulling out phone, skipping ad breaks in podcasts, tracking bpm/gps on bike rides.
boomers point to these things and preach doom because now we'll ALWAYS be looking at phone, but I spend far less time looking at my phone if i can just check quickly and most of the time decide its not worth opening.

I use smartband to read text messages quickly while driving.

Anyone with a smartwatch is retarded.

forgot sleep. that is super usefull in figuring out when to set your alarms in the morning and what time you actually blacked out from hard drinking :)

what ?

Nothing, I'm wearing a mechanical watch instead because I've already got one personal tracking device in my pocket and it does everything a smartwatch can do too.

not a smart watch but pretty close

I use it as an mp3 player for when I can't use my normal-sized phone

Attached: IMG_20180528_004008.jpg (3328x1872, 3.41M)

I dislike the size of most smart watches. Especially the big rectangle/square ones. They stand out like a sore thumb.

Not to mention it also is a means for people who are too focused on their phones to be in connect with it even more. Nothing is more irritating than someone who is glued to their smartphone and shit and these watches just help them do just that even when away form their phones. This behavior of course is only going to get worse as kids grow up with ipads and smartphones from age 2.

Remember, every time you check your watch instead of pulling out your phone is another occasion on which you cannot drop and break your phone.

Meanwhile, I've been wearing my original Apple Watch since 2015, and it hardly has a scratch on it. Just sayin'.

Google really screwed the smartwatch pooch, but I remembered sitting for their Android Wear pitch at Google I/O, and I really loved what they had to say about the merits of the platform. They said that the average person checks their phone n times a day, occupying x seconds per check, and, y percent of the time, the person checking their notifications became distracted or sidetracked and started doing something else on their phone (Facebook, etc). The point of the watch was to allow a quicker glance at notifications, without that trail of breadcrumbs leading off into a potential distraction. The watch, therefore, is not to further enmesh its wearer in a world of apps and notifications, but to *free* them from it, while still allowing them to stay in touch.

To be honest, I mainly got it to use Samsung Pay. Seeing notifications while at work without having to pull out my phone is just a bonus. One downside is now I have a tanline on my wrist

Attached: 20180801_154636.jpg (4032x2268, 2.27M)

You're a faggot

:^(

>tfw your wrists are too small for a smart watch

Attached: 1449205769375.jpg (624x960, 82K)

don't listen to him user you're doing the bst you can

If I gave a shit enough I'd probably wear one.

Pockets are pain to dig through, even for a phone. It always hurts my nail beds whenever I do it repeatedly. Or if I'm sitting down, sometimes it angles into awkward areas where I'd have to stand up to take it out.
And typically I pull my phone out to check who just texted me (usually no-one important and it can wait) or to change what song is playing. Both of which can be handled easier with a watch than pulling out my phone.

Its just a minor thing, but if I would already be wearing one then why not ease the minor issues in my life?

unironically apple watch

Getting pussy

Attached: bikini-woman-walking-on-beach-wearing-wearable-tech-smartwatch-activity-tracker-during-summer-holida (1920x1080, 1.41M)

Still holding out on Google's supposed Pixel smart watch desu

I have not bought literal ankle monitor yet, sorry. I don't feel like opting into the cyber-slave experience just yet.

>Sabaton
Good taste my Hussar

parents got me a hybrid smart watch because all the normal watches they wanted to get me were shit and a hybrid watch functions like a normal watch except I can use it to find my phone

Is there anyone unironically using a smartwatch in 2018?

Fuck, this place is over-populated with newfags!
OP CANNOT "INB4"!!!

Which brand user?

>checking notifications
>checking notifications
>checking notifications
>checking notifications
Actual brain damage.

I got an old Sony Smartwatch 2. I stopped wearing it because the metal strap is too small to be comfortable and Sony wouldnt sell me extra links for it.
So to use it, I would have to buy a broken one for the damn links.
Its not android wear but it was pretty handy. Had a whole mp3 player app you could use independently of the phone.

Checking time, heart rate, setting timers and alarms, using a stopwatch. Works fine even when not connected to my phone for these uses. When it is connected, I Get texts and such showing up on it. Easy access to stopwatch and such and use of physical buttons is what's really nice. I time a lot of what I do to gauge how fast I'm moving on that particular day, and to give an actual number to how much I'm spacing out.

>chink watch
Enjoy your bloody stump.

>normal-sized phone
that's the one on your wrist, you fucking faggot

>why do you wear a watch user? You can just check the time on your phone
>smartwatches are so neat, i don't even have to pull out my phone

Attached: finally_smart.png (932x944, 241K)

The one on his wrist is about 2 inches or so

Phones under 6" are for little children who need a smaller device for their small hands. Also for fags who can't fit anything in their skinny painted-on jeans. Fite me, manlets.

>(((smart watches)))

This.

>the merits of the platform

>the goyim are spending too much time on facebook because their jobs and lives have no meaning
>buy this device that will keep you focused on looking busy for mr. noseberg