How long is it until you literally can't buy a single piece of consumer electronics that isn't botnet?

How long is it until you literally can't buy a single piece of consumer electronics that isn't botnet?

Attached: 324894-Blaupunkt-49-Inch-HD-Smart-TV-5.jpg (800x800, 99K)

probably not to long. every tv out has gay ass web features. almost impossible to find a decent tv so im going the monitor route soon.

How about not connecting it to the internet?

>he thinks TVs you can buy in 2018 will work without an internet connection

Attached: 1486551489538.jpg (1528x1530, 188K)

>implying your monitor doesn't have a botnet usb hub

If they're in range of an open wireless network, they connect automatically. You cannot use the television without accepting a EULA that gives access to all collectible data.

Last Tuesday.

What if you just don't give it the password to the WI-FI?

>consumer electronics
>isn't botnet
Pick one

Just disconnect the Wi-Fi antenna.

Even stuff like deep fryers can connect to your wifi now for some reason. 1984 is now.

You can still buy PC monitors that isn't botnets.
But you might still want a Chromecast alongside that, so Botnet it is.

jokes on you im too poor for a monitor with botnet features

is there 37-42" computer monitors that don't cost thousands of dollars or euros?

Yes. They're called tvs.

b8

They do, if you just want to watch TV.

They exists, but dirt cheap stop existing at 32-inches.
Mind you, this is NOK as currency, meaning about 9x the Euro value. And 5000:1 static contrast, meaning there exists cheaper shit.

And in both cases its worse than getting some wall kit, some paint, and flatting a wall completely white in 2-3 layers. And then buying a projector for too much money, and installing a 5.1 setup.

Attached: Skjermbilde (1).png (824x608, 151K)

All x86 CPUs are fucked, so we've been in a pretty bad state for a long while already. I'm not completely comfortable with any computers I own, and I am concerned that I can't buy what I'm looking for without becoming a billionaire and funding its creation myself.

I never agreed to EULA in my Samsung KS8000 and the only things it locks out are voice commands and apps, nothing of value. I only connect wired internet whenever I check and see there's a big update.

Works perfectly.

But you can. I don't know of any smart TV from any brand that won't work without an internet connection. That'd be fucking retarded for the manufacturer to enforce, given that it'd be limiting their sales.

It will only get worse.

>And in both cases its worse than getting some wall kit, some paint, and flatting a wall completely white in 2-3 layers. And then buying a projector for too much money, and installing a 5.1 setup.
Better off getting a proper screen if you're going to that effort anyway.
But more importantly, you're forgetting or conveniently ignoring the fact that a projector isn't much good unless there's no other light in the room. Even in a dimly lit room a projector won't look as good as a regular display, they're pretty much only good in total darkness.

>Smart Toaster - register your toast profile
>Smart Onahole - government mandated limits on masturbations per week
>Smart Fan - adjust the fan speed to the beat of your favorite streamed music for only 15$ a month (does not stream music)
>Smart Bed - tell your friends and the government when you are asleep and vulnerable
>Smart Keyboard- Social Justice keyboard automatically rewrites your words to be less yikes and more yaas
>Smart SSD - Register with rightsholders to verify you have legally obtained all mp3, mp4 files, BONUS helps automatically delete MKV files used by pirates to spread hatespeech
>Smart CPU - Intel V-pro technology features a 3G chip in every cpu to automatically boot up regardless of consent

>his smart devices aren't on a separated VLAN with no WAN access

Eh, there is a few limitations:
1. How flat the surface is, and how matt/reflective the paint is
2. How many lumens the projector push out
3. Do the projector have to displace 400 lumens of light, or a officespace's 6000 per reflector?

Good thing there hasn't been a reason to buy a new TV in the last 10 years.

1080P "LED" is all you need, anything beyond this is just faggotry.

The TV will attempt to crack your wifi password in the background while you unsuspectingly watch your handegg or somehting.

What if i have a string password? Or what if i tell the router to block the TV?

>mfw I just bought what you have described.

Feels good to be this comfy.

Hahahahahaha How The Fuck is Botnet Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Turn Off The Modem Like Nigga Disconnect From Wifi Haha

Your router is botnet too.

>turns on TV
>Welcome, please pick your language and sign into the internet
>LETS ALL WATCH TV GUYS
>please connect your phone
>please type this code on this website to continue
>please prove you are not a robot
>you failed, please reprove you are not a robot
>success
>count the letters on the screen
>okay, setup your home screen
>do you want these advertisements
>we just want to watch TV
>do you have kids
>what content would your kids want to watch
>family dies

Attached: stock-photo-happy-family-mother-father-and-two-children-playing-and-cuddling-at-home-on-floor-397371 (450x270, 32K)

>not having openwrt chink router with adblocking on the router itself with dnscrypt

My samsung won't work if I block the telemetry domain

>has built in cellular modem
>firmware prevents the device from starting if removed and forces a shut down if it gets jammed

So what? How does that stop my TV from staying offline?