32 cores, 64 threads, $1800

>32 cores, 64 threads, $1800

Man it is great to see Intel get cucked like this, by a company more than 10 times smaller

Attached: KGsBuO1efiW2ucbw.jpg (1280x720, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-linux-2990wx&num=6
amazon.com/Intel-Corp-Bx806738180-Pltnm-Processor/dp/B0745HMV17
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the funny thing is that Intel cannot even remotely get a 32c/64t CPU even if they could sell it for $50k

Intel completely and utterly BTFO on every level.

Attached: 1322904729465.gif (265x244, 2M)

yes rajeesh its a great thing now post bob and vagene

too bad it's so badly starved of memory bandwidth that it has no practical application outside of cpu rendering, decompression (but not compression) and running cinebench.

>starved of memory bandwidth
that's a given, you double the cores and leave the memory b/w and I/O the same.
For people who do heavy computing tasks, e.g. I synthesize designs for FPGAs on Vivado, that take somewhat close to 45mins to complete, it's a god given CPU.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-linux-2990wx&num=6

At least you don't need an air het to cool it on a reasonable overclock.
Faggot

Too bad it gets beaten by it's own lower end part
This CPU is nothing but a marketing stunt.

You need to be seriously brain damaged to buy this 1KW heater

Attached: 1534170444965.png (1220x664, 405K)

>At least you don't need an air het to cool it on a reasonable overclock.

OH NO NO NO

Attached: gigawatt.png (1281x720, 491K)

The 32 cores are duds

Literally nobody even uses them save for benchmark Youtube tech shills

Real people who do real work use Xeons or Le Epycs

They've just been released, so it'd be difficult for people to be using them already.

2950X ist hands down the best CPU coming this year after reading he benchmarks. 2990WX is memory starve as many here and reviewers pointed out, also many programs can't take advantage of that many cores.

Attached: 1518134494432.jpg (1280x960, 222K)

Yeah but it consumes too much power.

>1.7 times more cores than the 7980XE
>Only 1.42 times the power consumption
>AMD improves upon their 16 core chip in power usage per core.

How does it feel to get BTFO by your own graph, intel kike?

*inhales*

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: INTELKIKES.png (1130x600, 538K)

DELIDD THIS

Attached: JUST_krzanich.png (1002x1480, 1.25M)

Intel has to work on a CCX design now. Its good to see AMD flooding the market with cores, Intels monolithic design will be finished soon. Especially if AMD releases a 7nm Ryzen with 16C for ~350 € next year. It will laugh at any Coffee Lake.
>And Intelfags will still justify it by "muh gayming" at 720p Low benchmarks

How? This looks like the software can't make use of the cores. How can a 12 core be faster than a 32 core?

Threadrippers are absolutely great if you're a video producer (content creator lol) , it will rip through compiling videos in minutes. Works fast for photo programs also.

I used to dread making a mistake in a video because I knew how long it would take to do over , but with a Threadripper I can just do it quickly and it's not a big deal anymore.

delid dis thread

Attached: intell btfo transparent.png (638x599, 210K)

Attached: 1514934884912.jpg (690x388, 45K)

>muh 16 coarz, 5 jigghurts super Ryzen

Kek AMDrone

IT'S OVER. AMD WINS

Attached: 1487297768743.jpg (960x878, 125K)

holy shit this sounds more sponsored than the fucking intel posts

Attached: 1515173902283.png (1097x802, 535K)

Intlel will probably just put two i9 in a huge package and call it i11.

32 cores are only for professionals.

Nah just make a 56 core CPU and sell it for $100k probably
amazon.com/Intel-Corp-Bx806738180-Pltnm-Processor/dp/B0745HMV17

And playing CSGO. This thing is a single-thread monster.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 611K)

But nothing outside of specialized servers and datacenters has 8+ channel memory, so why would that matter?

Wasnt CSGO the go to benchmark for intel cucks? or is 1080p too high for them.

Good for software compilation too, one threadraper can compile Linux kernal < 40 seconds! I can see the utility of this for CI with a lot of moving parts and regular commits. Many devs spend a ton of time twiddling waiting on builds.

>Wasnt CSGO the go to benchmark for intel cucks?
It was. It's their favorite since the game only uses one core.

Intel logic.

Hey unfair intel wins in 480P!

>the reviews

Attached: 1533665751920.jpg (634x853, 67K)

Does this mean I could compile qtwebengine in 5 minutes?

I think these things will come into their own with GPGPU, all those PCI lanes with some Vega hanging on them will make for an absolute compute monster, basically a desktop supercomputer.

This maybe the beggining a similar trend to when the PC first started gaining traction. You lost performance in comparison to the shared compute, but the instantaneous feedback made you more productive and the exclusive access meant that you got similar compute access in the long run.

This is a great product, very innovative.

2990WX could do that in around 10 mins based on a bit of extrapolation

that was assuming it's clocked to 4.0GHz, I don't know how fast is the default all-core turbo on that thing

Thicc performance with John, I can see more than a few security uses for this sort of power.

>b-but I'm poor
every time

remember that Intel did i9/i11

Attached: 1512793412801.jpg (690x720, 58K)

RAM channels idiot
I though we were on a technology board

>it's PREMIUM shit
every time

Attached: 1460965104556.png (255x255, 159K)

it's 3.4GHz

fuck you goy

>twice the number of cores than the 7960X
>not even 1.25 times faster with all threads
>over 200W more power hungry
>not even 75% of the memory bandwidth
kek, the 2990WX was a mistake
The 2950X is undisputedly the best Threadripper in the line up

>muh gaymen

Attached: 1534168992985.png (650x1263, 139K)

Jesus. It's worse than I thought.

It wasn't a mistake bro, now the "old" threadripper prices are going to drop and people are going to buy those. It's all part of AMD's plan to dominate the desktop PC market. I'm personally gonna wait for a bit and go for the 1920x whenever it goes on a decent sale to build muh new workstation.

ITS OVER. INTEL IS FINISHED

For anything that is not rendering it's shit. Buy an EPYC poorfag. The real deal is the 2950X.

[Lower is better]

Can you retarded Intel fags even read the images you post, literally laughing bahahaha

Ayymd HOUSEFIRE

Windows is shit

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=2

Windows is fucking awful.

Attached: A_Look_At_The_Windows_10_vs._Linux_Performance_On_AMD_Threadripper_2990WX_-_Phoronix_Forums_-_2018-0 (648x640, 49K)

Onlynones card are amdtones who buy this and dont know its memory bottlenecked

Yikes

>182 idle

Attached: 14201239276087.gif (402x317, 2.47M)

You don't overclock these CPU's they even have a disclaimer saying if you overclock your warranty is voided. Let it do it's thing with XFR and it performas as it should. This is not a fucking gaming CPU.

32 cores locked @ 4Ghz bubba. What do you expect? You don't overclock these CPU's. It's retarded.

Attached: 1526690711518.jpg (540x720, 45K)

Must have had to use memory in windows. the 2990wx cant do anything that uses memory

It's a Windows NUMA schedular problem. Use Windows server goyim.

>you're using it wrong
Kek

kek, good call

>40 seconds
Isn't very impressive.
Successive compiles are even faster so if you edit one .c file and recompile it would probably only take like 5 seconds regardless.

Attached: wut.png (960x354, 85K)

I look forward to Phoronix doing an exhaustive test on Win10 vs Linux.

>32 cores use more power than 18 cores
you better delet this RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1529272264731.jpg (316x202, 30K)

If you're telling me that even 1% of Jow Forums posters has a use for all these cores in his pathetic life, I'm calling you a liar.

It's wasted money.

somebody post the phoronix benchmarks

90% of this thread has been posted by bots. Goddamn, AMD fags are pathetic.

What a fucking trainwreck of a processor. Nobody should buy 2990WX when its get beaten by 2950X.

No u are.

well amd had two problems
32 cores is basicly a small epyc
and epyc has 8 channel memory..
either amd would eat their epyc market like intel did
or they will do what they did and created a fury x for the desktop
which for me this is what 2990wx is a fury x which will probably show its teeth when patches come out to support its unique topology (god help us that microsoft will update it in like 10 years..)

you mean the same program that out of blue enabled 1 years EARLIER the support for igp on both amd and intel but only for intel giving them a huge advantage?

yeah adobe is a fucking mess but sadly there isnt an alternative

>S-stop buying the 2990wx please, guys, stop, please

top jej

Attached: housefire reviews.png (825x839, 97K)

>one core

what? valve has added support on source and source 2 for multithread since 2007.....
it can use up to 10 max without having to run inti weird problems with the cpu timer vs the software timer
(basicly in some occassions the game can literally throw you into bullet time )

Just because engine can do it, doesn't mean CSGO can.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

im too bored to install that unboxing simulator again
but im pretty sure multicore rendering is a thing on the settings since tf2 exists....

Clean rebuilds you turbo faggot

It doesn't fucking matter how many fucking threads valve's source engine uses as long as the performance is limited by the one thread that does the rendering.

the purpore of multithreading it is to spread the workload on all the cores
rendering isnt done on just ONE core in source never did since 2007 not even hammer lets you do that you have 2-4 cores as an option for rendering 1 for physics 1-2 for shading

Don't get ahead of yourself. Zen2 CCXs are gonna be 6 cores.

they could let them 4 and increase l1 and l2 even more
throw some massive vectors on it give it a proper avx support on all instructions and increase the freq

now that would be the last nail on intel's coffin

>tfw 16 gb L1 never

yeah intlel shills are so pathetic and desperate as to shitpost on a tibetan stone breaking temple

>Windows is shit
more at 11

Remember kids, games matter only if intel is in the lead

There are alternatives to Adobe shit today. Davinci Resolve and Nuke are better than Adobe crap nowadays.

Isn't this unfair, to compare just released CPU and one that's already out for few months, and company that pays everyone to build their software based on them. This is great win for AMD, and they are smaller than Intel, and don't lobby so much as they. I'll be going with Ryzen (very possible Threadripper) with my machine - build. You can't turn off cores if you don't have them, but for greater workloads, just turn that horses on and you can dismantle a mountain with it.

Plus, after optimisation we'll see what happens.

thats not really the point
adobe has every normie youtuber shilling to it

remember how hardware cancucks changed their ryzen system literally A DAY after adobe released their igpu update that works ONLY on intel?
yeah..

Win 10 pajeet devs on suicide watch

Indians are bad drivers
Indians make bad drivers

really makes you think