Is Alpine Usable as a desktop distribution...

Is Alpine Usable as a desktop distribution? I just installed it in a VM and was impressed at how little of a footprint it left.
I was thinking it might be good on the netbooks I have, but I've read that it's mainly for routers, servers, etc.

Anyone here using Alpine as a daily driver? Experiences?

Attached: Jy8psTgk_400x400.jpg (400x400, 13K)

no

yes
t. GNU/systemd shill

i use artix, retard. kill yourself.

why not
why

It does not have many packages on its repos, but it works.

it's only useful if you run absolute basic-tier vanilla hardware and just edit text all day. the moment you have to support anything more complicated than a generic usb HID or use a program designed after 1990, it's going to fall apart.

oh that doesnt sound fun

Artix more like GNU bloat
It's literally the same linux kernel, it has the same hardware support

You do know that Alpine has a Code of Conduct agreement?
By using it, you have agreed never to make fun of a fat person ever again.
Regardless of how good it may be as a cut-down OS, I refuse to use based on that limitation.

is that true? source?

>he thinks your distribution determines your kernel
lmfao, fucking retard. your distribution is literally just what package mirrors you're using. fucking moron summerposter. go back to school, it's the middle of august. fucking seventh grade ass dumbass fucking little 56% nigger go wear your fucking aeorpostale and fitch and listen to your shitty nigger trap music on the bus. fuck off. Jow Forums is only for real unix greybeards, not little fucking faggots like you. i unironically hope you kill yourself before you turn 18 and enter the real world.

>go back to school, it's the middle of august
you had one job

semesters start in mid-late august in many parts of the world you fucking moron

it is, given that you know what you are doing

how much do you really have to know?

sadly its true senpai

Attached: alpinecoc.jpg (1096x527, 174K)

wow fuck this shit i'm going back to debian

not that much. if you could set up arch it's mostly the same.

i've never set up arch but i set up alpine with a desktop just fine
how's that

Fairly sure downloading the ISO and running it on your own server doesn't count as participating in their community, nor do they seem at first glance to have any provisions for what you do outside of their project spaces. So I can definitely understand wanting to distance yourself from that stuff, but from a purely pedantic point of view you wouldn't violate anything if you run Alpine.

honestly i find it easier than arch to setup (less shit to go wrong), but ymmv

I don't really understand how open-source and free software shit works but couldn't someone just make a hatepine website where its the same as alpine just without the gay code of conduct shit?

We don't need it? With enough IQ you realize that they're right. Also they added it like a month ago

Luckily openbsd and devuan are specifically "coc free" communities.

I hope that Linus has a final trick up his sleeve. He's already done enough with the kernel and git, his final project in life should be to encode his asshole, opinionated, tyrannical nature into his own distribution. Bring us his final and complete vision for Linux. No faggy GNU software. Stallman would commit suicide on a stack of old Hurd printouts.

Need? For one it would be a good joke and secondly pls do make brainlets feel excluded and unsafe.

>being this triggered

bump