/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Create a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (eg photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, cooling, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>For Intel, only Z300 series boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>Avoid cheap models ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS duals, and others which have small heatsinks and low quality fans
>Only consider AMD GPU if you plan on getting an upcoming HDR monitor
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU+monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU+monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V or upscale from 1440-1800p
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>___sync is important for slower response time monitors (IPS)
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: pcbuilder02-720x720.jpg (720x450, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bR-DOeAm-PQ
techspot.com/review/1411-radeon-rx-570-vs-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb/page8.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B077NV1D6V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1SKSCILTF7YVB&psc=1
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just snatched this THICC babe for 557 Euros (new). How did I do my fellow Jow Forumsay men?

Attached: 1165795_0__69656.jpg (1280x1280, 183K)

any consumer-grade cases out there with aesthetics like pic related?

Attached: nvidia_dgx_station.jpg (1686x900, 261K)

>ASUS EX-RX570-O4G Radeon RX570 4GB Expedition OC for 240 aussie buck
>Zotax GTX 1060 3GB for 300 aussie buck
Which one i should get? and why is that RX 570 is so cheap compared to 1060?

Because it's much worse.

neat video popped up in suggestions.

youtube.com/watch?v=bR-DOeAm-PQ

Really? i thought Rx 570 and 1060 is roughly the same?

Are there any major differences between a q6600 and e5450?

we'll see in a couple of weeks as the new card gets announced

Where?

How much pascal prices will drop when Volta is announced?

>1:46
Why does the robot need to sound like an ice cream truck?

They ARE roughly the same. At 1440p the 570 has a slight advantage over the 3GB 1060, but usually you'll hit other performance bottlenecks before VRAM.
techspot.com/review/1411-radeon-rx-570-vs-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb/page8.html

Attached: Wow it's fucking nothing.png (1304x1799, 78K)

ebay, i was lucky to check it early in the morning.
i did a quick calculation in my head and at best the new cards will cost around 700 to 800 euros with performance increase of at best 10 to 20% pair that with no competetion and an overstock from old cards that they want to sell for maximum scheckels. so i thought why not.

Gtx 2070 Will Be 400-500e and similar performance to 1080 ti.

======
NEWS
======
The official name for the next Nvidia GPU is RTX 2080. The lower models might have prefix 'GTX' but it's confirmed that the series is 20xx and not 11xx

Should i get the Rx 570 OC? its $50 difference right now

>less than 600 euros for a brand new xx80 card with no competetion at all
doubt. png

You wish

oh shit, just saw you said 2070, derp.

Quadro RTX 8000 with 48GB memory: $10,000 estimated street price
Quadro RTX 6000 with 24GB memory: $6,300 ESP
Quadro RTX 5000 with 16GB memory: $2,300 ESP

OMEGALUL

sauce figget

Any good small factor cpu fans with pre applied thermal paste
>inb4 stock fan

Any info on release dates?

kys retard

I think Asus Expedition are generally cheaper models than Asus Strix. At the same time I doubt the Zotac warrants the 60 AUD price difference.
Is the 1060 3GB Zotac the single-fan model?

>OMEGALUL
Go back to Twitch, underage.

I bought 1070 at launch for 400e and it had similar performance to 980 ti.

>I think Asus Expedition are generally cheaper models than Asus Strix. At the same time I doubt the Zotac warrants the 60 AUD price difference. Is the 1060 3GB Zotac the single-fan model?
Yeah the Zotac is the mini edition, only has 1 fan. Asus Expedition is 239 and Asus STrix is 249

Salty waitfag LUL

I need to build a new computer. Primarily for Blender/OpenCL work and machine learning meme stuff. Occasionally the rest of my family might also use it for games. Since I'm on Linux most of the time I'm thinking about an AMD build (and I want to play around with MIOpen). For CUDA I can use my university's computers.

Ryzen 7 2700x
Vega 64
16 GB DDR4-3000 (maybe 32 GB but it's so fucking expensive atm)

Is an alternative CPU fan recommended? How is the boxed fan of the Ryzen? Are 3000 MHz okay for RAM? Is there some other kind of bottleneck I need to look out for?

low profile? unsure if any come with preapplied paste besides the arctic 64 variations but they look shit and are probably loud
cryorig c7, noctua nh-l9i are good and shadow rock lp seems alright.

or you could get a wraith stealth/spire that someone didnt use, itll have preapplied paste but idk why you dont just buy some paste urself, its like $5

Get the Strix one, Gtx 1060 3Gb is trash

AMD was just barely relevanf back then, honey bobo. These days AMD is kill on the high end segment and Nvidia will squeeze every little scheckel they can before Navi arrives.

get the 1060, AMD is only good for mining

Sup /pcbg/
I want to put my current hardware to a FD Meshify C case. The thing is I got two HDDs I'm actively using in my daily routine and I got no idea how fucked I will be in terms of noise level.
Pic unrelated.

Attached: dell201510.jpg (2144x1608, 2.69M)

Pls serious, my budget is very limited right now ;_;

I'd get the Strix, in that case. I don't know about the Australian market, but looking at PCPartPicker's chart, it hasn't ever been that low.

yeah, i was pretty surprise about the price too, Zotac is the cheapest 1060 i can find in Australia

Posted this in last thread but never got a response. Is there any reason not to but a big bundle of LED strip like this one:
amazon.com/gp/product/B077NV1D6V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1SKSCILTF7YVB&psc=1

over the smaller LED kits? The small kits are like the same price but only give one to two feet of LEDs. Do the small kits have better LEDs? The only thing else I would need is to buy AURA connectors to plug them into my motherboard, right?

Need some advice on how i can cheapen the price while still keeping the processor and video card in the build or if I should make any changes in general.

Price total is 994.35

Attached: New PC.jpg (1186x813, 95K)

The boxed cooler for the 2700x is great, no real need to get aftermarket unless you want to heavily overclock

3000 is fine and im not sure on how frequency affects productivity and heavy workloads, but in gaming the difference between 3000 and b-die isnt too much. If more ram will benefit your use then id say get that rather than faster ram.

I have the same case, currently transferring a bunch of files onto an old, loud hard drive and its a lot quieter than my last sff pc where i had suspended the hard drive on a lanyard to make it quieter. it has rubber mounts and the bay is hidden by the psu shroud so it blocks some of the sound

Do not buy a single fan card unless it's a low end solution like 1052. Mainly because heatsinks for single fan cards are just extruded aluminum bricks with cheapest fan possible and are generally not sufficient even for a stock clocks.

Hey fellow Jow Forums so i have an HP envy 27 inch 4K monitor but have a 1060 6GB and a Ryzen 5 2500x, what do i need to upgrade to, to be able to game at 4k medium settings? Also have 8gb ram.
Note: should i buy a graphics card and cpu now or wait ? Thanks guys

>I have the same case, currently transferring a bunch of files onto an old, loud hard drive and its a lot quieter than my last sff pc where i had suspended the hard drive on a lanyard to make it quieter.
Many thanks.

do you already have the cpu and processor? if not its not really worth to get the 8600k, better to get the 8400, save on cooler and get duel channel ram and a better psu

Maybe these ones are more likely to be chinkshit that will burn out than the smaller kits.

cpu and gpu*

16GB DDR4 RAM
1TB HDD
240 GB SSD

are these considered way too low for a gaming PC

>generally not sufficient even for a stock clocks
The 1060 3GB is a pretty efficient card, it might be okay.
As you say though, it's the build quality that's most worrying.

not particularly.
thats all storage shit.
post GPU and CPU then we'll know

That's completely irrelevant you blithering retard.

>8600k
>single channel ram
>8gb
>MSI armor anything
>cm 212 in %current year%

Genuinely, is this bait?

I buy the RX 570 Strix then, thank. I can get more Ram with that $50 difference

For 10 bucks Difference, get the Strix.

Well I want it to be pretty good, so GPU is GTX 1070 Ti 8GB and CPU is i7-8700k

It's made by Zotac right? Well, they are actually quite a decent vendor but I would go for a two fan solution (heatpipes are also would be nice) if possible if longevity is your concern.

in that case there's no way they're no where near the bare minimum.
you're going for arguably one of the best GPU and CPU available on the market
The lowest of the low is like 4GB RAM, i3 CPU and some card way weaker.
Others will probably say otherwise like going for an AMD CPU or Radeon card.
Maybe up the HDD though

cool, thanks user

no i do not so changing to the 8400 wont be a big deal for me, also i should mention that im not big with hardware knowledge.

no, im just a brainlet trying to not make stupid purchases.

Is 500W enough for this setup?

Attached: 424123.jpg (1135x806, 167K)

Fuck lads, how do I choose the right monitor for me when I start my next build?
I'm currently using a WQHD monitor from Kogan and I'm looking to up the ante but I have no idea what to grab.
I'm still looking to keep the same resolution or go higher but I have no idea what to grab in terms of models, what Hz I should really be looking for etc...
It's honestly driving me mental.

Attached: clown_kills_himself_slowly.gif (270x263, 3.91M)

pick the model with the best warranty because monitor QA is shit in general, also dont fall for the IPS meme unless you will sit far away from the screen. VA is way better and much more immersive.

What's the best

>Selling my old ass 5 year olds i3 3220, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660 station to my stupid friend for $980
Delightfully devilish

yup, get rid of the APU and get a CPU.

For that price you could at least have thrown in an SSD.

huh? sorry i don't understand what you mean

>67140031
your build has a separate graphics card so instead of the 2200g get a r5 1600/2600 CPU

If it can play Pubg and LoL, then its a god machine for people like him

r5 1600/2600 is a lot expensive than 2200g right now in Australia, around $100.

After some helpful advice from these threads, I think I did better this time. What do you guys think? I already have a 1060 and I'm only looking for 1080p 60fps gaming.

Attached: First Build second attempt.png (1144x681, 69K)

1050Ti is 155 now, with a free SSD disk

poorfag's choice, is this the time? or wait for 2's?

Why your Ram is only 2400? you need 2666 and up to pair with Ryzen

How far away for IPS is good enough?
Also forgive my ignorance but what is VA?

ditch the 212, get a better psu and ram
do u really use cds

Thanks! Will buy more instead of faster RAM then. I think this will be more beneficial since you can't really put that much data into 16 GB.

Took some advice and changed some of the parts, any better or is it still just shit?

Attached: New PC.jpg (1222x754, 90K)

I don't have a tv so I use my PC, so I need a disc tray. Any recs on a good PSU?

as simple as possible. VA=way way better colors but generally poor vieweing angles. IPS= ok colors but way better vieweing angles, comes with the problem of IPS glow as well (random white spots in the screen). I have 32 inch LG VA panel and it is glorious.

that APU has a graphic chip in it, buy a 2600 or something that doesnt have a graphic chip in it because you are already buying a gpu.

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
tier 1 or 2, psu will be powering all the components in your build, get a good one or risk frying everything :^)

>with free SSD
what capacity? and i'd go for it desu senpai

>that APU has a graphic chip in it, buy a 2600 or something that doesnt have a graphic chip in it because you are already buying a gpu.
if i can, but the 1600 and 2600 right now are lot more expensive than 2200g, And my old PC just died few day ago.

I changed to a BitFenix - Formula Gold 450W

I believe it was tier 2 on the list. And thanks for the help.

>32 inch LG VA
I'll keep that in mind. Any other recommendations?

it is a high end monitor which will set you back 800 euros so it is not really a recommendation. what i recommend however is to go out and see for yourself, no better judge is your own eyes.

Asus ROG Strix X470-F is this any good X470 which can support zen2 and zen2+ power draws?

>that APU has a graphic chip in it, buy a 2600 or something that doesnt have a graphic chip in it because you are already buying a gpu.
Is the APU make the CPU performance worse if you pair it with dedicated GPU or something?

it is more like youre paying for something that you will never use in your life.

yes

Any motherboard recs for r5 2600? Stick only has info for intel

> 2200g is $134
> 1600 is $219
> 2600 is $235
Is it worth the $100 difference?

no idea fren, that completely depends on what games you will play and on your desired frames.

Is pressure just a meme or is it something you should actually care about? From what I've gathered, the only downside having negative pressure entails is that more dust will end up in the case, but if you just make sure to take care of your system (which should be done anyway), it shouldn't really matter too much, right?

Attached: 1487631814852.jpg (712x712, 42K)

How much faster r5 2600 compared to 2200g?

no idea fren, dyor.

about fo hunned

nice

Eh I'm bored at work so might as well.
I've gotten shit for buying this motherboard for some reason.

Attached: pc.png (3840x1080, 77K)

whoops

Attached: pc.png (678x778, 62K)

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

so I have an S340 with upwards facing front ports, is it and any similar style case prone to problems from dust build up in the ports? for now I'm keeping them covered until I need to use them.