AMD drones BTFO

AMD drones BTFO.
6x faster than pascal in ray tracing and 25% faster than pascal in general.
>inb4 b-b-but amd navi is coming! wait fags
Remember when vega was coming? Look what happened there.

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Tease.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-benchmarks/
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/a24b393c-8d37-4d0d-909c-78abe90f8e8c/match-details/7cdb925f-e384-47b4-b3cb-788133660246
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/a24b393c-8d37-4d0d-909c-78abe90f8e8c/match-details/88da2af2-71ad-432f-9618-823480dc37a8
computerbase.de/2018-05/mifcom-miniboss-titan-v-test/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember when 7xxx and r9 2xx series were coming?
Back to /v/ faggotron

Nvidia can kick AyyMD in the nuts and nothing will happen to them. They're also led by a brutal Chink who would cede no inch.

If Intel kicked AyyMD in the nuts they'd be spending billions in legal fees and will be torn to shreds by the feds. They're led by Israel who doesn't care as long as the shekels roll.

The 2060 and 2070 nvidia card will literally be better than any amd gpu at less money, lower power consumption, and lower temps.
Navi isn't even designed for pc gaming, it's for fucking consoles. AMD gpu's are kill.

Does not affect me, I simply buy AMD CPUs and nVidia GPUs if that's the case

What if the new cards will be titan killers again?

> 25% faster than pascal in general
> 25%
It should mean 1080Ti still smokes 2080.

i'm itching to get a new videocard and almost dropped £700 quid on a 1080ti yesterday but that would be stupid with these new cards almost here but i guess there will be that founders edition bullshit and fuck that. how long for proper cards?

Is there currently any tech demo or benchmark that would allow me to test DXR performance?

I'm only intereted in 7nm?

This shill brought you by: Nvidiotâ„¢

Attached: 1532924504132.jpg (400x285, 33K)

>Lisa "Tranny" Su killed RTG
>She's the niece of Huang
really makes you think

When is Navi supposedly coming?
I need a new GPU (running 760 since 780 died). AMD would be my preference since FreeSync, but I don't think I can wait till 2019.

>less money
that doesn't sound like nvidia

>be a company targeting gaymers and fags
>call its architecture Turing
Hahah, Nvidia laughing at your faces

>6x faster than pascal in ray tracing
How is this relevant to anyone but 3d rendering farms?

t. zoomer gaymer who doesn't even know what "ray-tracing" is

will they make gtx 2060?

Yay I can't wait to be fucked over from Nvidia! Posting this from my GTX 970 3.5 edition

It's real time ray tracing targeting future games.

>She's the niece of Huang
What???? Is this true???

>250 bn dollar industry
Nvidia want server,IA,robotics money over gamers.

Wipes tear

the ray tracing shit doesn't matter we wont have ray traced games for 20+ years. also if you watched John Carmaks recent lecture on multicore programing you will realize why that will also never be a thing. it ads so much latency that its not even suitable for singleplayer games or even RTS and will only be usable in turn based stuff that doesn't even have animations..

>6x faster than pascal in ray tracing
ahahahaha,
>our new unfinished version of ray tracing is 6 times faster than our previous even more unfinished version of ray tracing.
novidiots at their best.

AMD isn't even competition worth mentioning anymore.

Can you sauce that lesson from carmack-sama? Sounds interesting.

>less money
Why are you expecting a gift from nVidia? They are a near-monopoly, I fully expect every class of card to have a price increase. They also keep cutting down their flagships more and more each generation - imagine if there was competition and they actually released their full fat GPUs to consumers at normal prices?

Ah well, the sheep will bend over and pay through the arse for a cut down 2070/2080 because of muh raytracing (that won't be used for years) and PC gaming will continue its slow death.

we are talking 5 years in the future.
Any die area used for ray tracing is wasted die area for gaming.

you cant post that on a nvidia shill thread
DELETE THAT, and save money by buying my $10k vram bank

wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-benchmarks/
Meanwhile it beats the Titan V which is 50% faster than a 1080Ti

>at less money
lmaoooooooo

Dayuuum

>probably wont be able to have fully functional FOSS drivers just like the gtx 10* cards
thats a no from me

>Navi isn't even designed for pc gaming, it's for fucking consoles
So, still for gaming?

>quotes post
>fails to see the point

Attached: 1519022270546.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

>ray tracing

Why does this sound like a gimmick?

Attached: 1533444221604.jpg (480x456, 57K)

mate, they're gonna cost a ton. Don't expect the 2070 for less than 500 and the 2080 for less than 700.

Consoles use bog standard GPUs since forever.

I sold my 1060 3gb for a sweet price and I'm contemplating getting a used 1070 mini from a friend, from the looks of it the 1070 is pretty ahead of the 1060 3gb.
I gayme at 1080p 60hz, will this last me for a year or two, until the 2080ti comes out? I don't wanna buy anything new until then, with the 2080ti I'll be set for years on a 1440p display.

Consoles use APUs.

>real time RT is now a gimmick
The absolute STATE of AMDrones

Attached: 778878787.jpg (330x319, 70K)

I don't understand. Can I game at 4k 144hz?

So games will be coming out soon that feature ray tracing?

it is for video games when what everyone wants is high framerates at high resolutions and Nvidia comes along and tries to sell low resolution ray tracing that needs denoising to even look decent.

1070 rapes at 1080 144hz, it will last more then 2 years.

Ray tracing has been around since at least the 1980s, so, no, not a gimmick. It is too slow for real-time, so putting it in a graphics card is dumb.

less money hahahahahaah

It is, make the devs use it first.

>didn't even know what ray tracing was but now nvidia is gonna have it so i need it!
The absolute STATE of Nvidiots

So it's basically a gimmick to sell cards when games wont even fucking use it?

correct

let's just say every upcoming Nvidia sponsored game will feature lots of shiny surface

thanks fren!

>If our hardware can't use it because it's shit, it's bad
t. AMDnigger

they'll use it when the RTX 5000 series comes out

the comments section meltdown is hilarious

And lots of noise.

Yet everyone is going crazy over it, and nvidia will mark up the price because of it. Not even an Amd fan hate the cunts, and always nvidia - intel.

But even I'm not buying this ray tracing shit, i know it's used in cgi but games? Fuck off.

Attached: 1532567786067.jpg (540x555, 42K)

I have always bought nivida cards and will keep buying them, Ati/adm has never ever come close to perfection that is Nvidia.
Even if Nvidia released a crad that was more epxensive and performed worse thatn AMD i would still buy it because it is better

>wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-benchmarks/
is this fucking real? The 2080 will eclipse the 1080ti? What the FUCK

>NOOOOO STOP ADVANCING TECHNOLOGY
Of course devs don't use it yet, because it used to run at 1 frame per second, if that. Now that Nvidia is starting to bring down that render time massively, it will soon be possible to run it real time. Same happens with all new graphical features, they always start off only available to the absolute top of the line hardware, then trickle down. Nvidia is actually bothering to advance things, while AMD just plays catch-up, badly.

You're also a massive retard if you don't see the uses of it aside from RTRT. Are you AMDrones too stupid to realize that this could easily handle a real time GI solution? Raytraced GI needs orders of magnitude less rays, so it's perfectly feasible now.

Attached: 1496131353191.jpg (364x404, 26K)

>In other iterations of the sessions, however, the RTX 2080 falls just behind the TITAN V baseline so it looks like we are looking at an average performance somewhere around that mark.

Retard

D-don't worry guys AMD is getting ready to release their new line of GPUs in 2021, they'll beat Volta by 10%!

Delet this nvidiashill

>D-don't worry guys
novidia is like intel.
If AMD makes something good, it doesn't matter any more.
do you remember the fcat fiasco?
has novidia touched the "dx12" or "vulkan" hype?
no.
Where's the next gen g-sync?
If something is capable of ray tracing, it's a gpu with great FLOPs... and novidia just falls short in that field.

Make the devs use it.

>Titan V
>50% faster than a 1080Ti
What are you smoking? Titan V is anywhere from 20% to 30% faster than a 1080ti depending on the benchmark.
If RTX 2080 is as fast as a Titan V, then "25% faster than pascal" would be for once an accurate performance estimate by Nvidia.

The 1080 did eclipse the 980ti , user..

Don't be so surprised now

I hope it hurts to be this stupid.

>used to run at 1 fps
Still does, you massive dumb cunt fuck

Jesus Christ

Attached: 1524820489204.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

Will the 2060 support raytracing? after seeing the demos I believe it will bring us much much closer to semirealism in games and VR and dont want to drop the cash on the 2070

Attached: tenor.gif (300x200, 499K)

that's some intense falseflagging

ignorance is bliss.
Stay happy novidiot.

2019 Q1 at the very best.

>raytracing
it will support """"""raytracing""""""" and (((((raytracing)))))

what the fuck does that mean

>intense falseflagging
Nope. retards like this exist. Just go read pajeet tech comment sections.

>nvidiots being smug
>don't even know how the card works
The card runs at 30fps, retards. It can run stuff faster but the card still just runs at 30fps which means that benchmarks show higher numbers but your screen will only show 30...

Wccftech is a full of AMD drones. Just look at pic related.
So, this guy is getting a little famous (TUM APISAK) for checking database entries all day and any day. But hey now, a new NVIDIA Graphics Device” that outperforms a TITAN V has just leak...
Possible GeForce RTX 2080 (Turing GPU) Ashes of the Singularity Benchmarks Leak?
Same user:
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/a24b393c-8d37-4d0d-909c-78abe90f8e8c/match-details/7cdb925f-e384-47b4-b3cb-788133660246
78.6fps
Titan V by the same user:
ashesofthesingularity.com/metaverse#/personas/a24b393c-8d37-4d0d-909c-78abe90f8e8c/match-details/88da2af2-71ad-432f-9618-823480dc37a8
68.8ps.
~12% faster than Titan V ain't bad.
Here's also the article of Computerbase
computerbase.de/2018-05/mifcom-miniboss-titan-v-test/
>Values can fluctuate
No really

Attached: 078d191bbc9c73a56a5c00ccdfb00854e4440d70ff3dccb44dd866377810c0a1.jpg (630x420, 41K)

can't imagine what the 2080ti will be like, then.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CANT REAL
Use Google Translate and read the article from Computerbase.

>navi isn't designed for PC gaming
That's patented bullshit. Name the last time AMD made a graphics card GPU that went into a console. We only ever do custom chips for console manufacturers

>cheaper
yeah they're definitely going to undercut themselves

we'll be ok right, right??

Attached: images.jpg (213x237, 14K)

>Hey check out this raytracing stuff
>Yeah we used those new tensor cores to do it quick
>Hey what's a $3000 GPU?

Meanwhile on Jow Forums
>Yeah this midrange GPU that doesn't have any Tensor cores is totally going to raytrace like the demo Nvidia showed us that used 4 Titan Vs
>raytracing raytracing raytracing raytracing!

What we have here is a problem of definitions and semantics.

Nigger-brained dipshit cunt fucks are now going to call 10-ray illumination casting "raytracing" (and thank Nvidia for the privilege of becoming more dumb) when it isn't actual raytraced rendering, which itself will forever be only possible (at high frame rates) using render farms.

Yay, another fast software image smoothing technique on top of absolutely shitty software anti aliasing.
Maybe developers will finally stop setting motion blur on by default.
>did you get any of the irony?

>yeah they're definitely going to undercut themselves
Console profit magins are miniscule.

>all the Pajeets AMDrones with their broken English in the comments section

Attached: 1452514484422.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

Realistically and without memes, what is the likelihood of the 2080 being cheaper than 800 Euros at launch? I expect this to cost no less than 900 Euros but I don't know. What do anons think?

>m-m-muh gameworks ray tracing
Remember GPU accelerated PhysX games? Me neither.

>which itself will forever be only possible (at high frame rates) using render farms.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7nm will BTFO you nvidcucks just like it BTFO the intel jews.
Your time is coming and the white race will destroy you.

Unlike novideos marketting bullshit AMD actually developed free ray tracing API for Vulkan and at least one game in development is confirmed to use it.

It's going to be fucking overpriced and sold directly to miners because it's easy money

>if I repost the angry AMD fanboy image it'll cover for the fact that I lie through my teeth about price points and market target of upcoming products

Yeah fuck off I'm not giving you any insider info, fag

Which is why the 2080 will probably be fucking expensive...

If you're Nvidia, and you comfortably have the $800+ market, why would you release a new better card and then not just make it more expensive? If you lower the price of any of your products in which you have that monopoly, you're literally just lowering your profits without undercutting an opponent. Which is why they're not going to do that. You're not going ot see 1080ti's any cheaper, and the 2080 is going to be more expensive than the 1080ti, by a fair amount. And it'll stay that way until we (AMD) put out a card that beats at least the 1080ti

Bribing everyone into using proprietary blobs isn't advancing technology kiddo

Are we on the verge of another massive GPU shortage? Despite the pathetically high difficulty and low prices of crypto?

Attached: images (1).jpg (216x233, 9K)

>uses the same pic, twice in the same thread

Attached: 984984984984984.jpg (600x570, 16K)