MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF CHEAP, USED GPUs INCOMING!

Jow Forumsents, if you're looking at a new video card, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING (USED OR NEW) NOW!

Firstly, crypto's taken a massive dive and mining is becoming unsustanable and people are starting to lose money on their GPU investments. Returns are just not there anymore and things that are still barely profitable cannot be mined on a GPU. That means that they'll be selling off their mining rigs and the market will be flooded with cheap GPUs.

Secondly, Nvidia is about to drop another consumer video card, 1180, which will offer performance gains over 1080/1080Ti at the same price. That means that 1080/1080Ti will drop in price.

Given these two developments, there will be an oversupply of GPUs in a few weeks time. SO DO NOT BUY A GPU RIGHT NOW! Just wait and then snag a good deal on 1080/1080Ti at a 20-30% discount.

Attached: 1507729035885.jpg (3024x4032, 697K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1029164596903337984
stlouis.craigslist.org/sop/d/1080ti/6668401161.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fake news! It's called 20xx, not 11xx.

>at the same price.
not gonna happen, unless the market gets flooded with cheap used GPU's, in which case Nvidia is forced to lower the price if they want to free their stock of old cards.

there will be no an oversupply. Nvidia will not jack up the price on 1180 and even if they do, just buy a used Ti for 30% less.

Attached: 1517568331729.png (525x988, 274K)

>just buy a used Ti for 30% less
might as well fuck a whore without a condom.

STOP SAYING 1180
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>That Fat fuck with the ill fitting suit.
>That haircut.
>AMD cards.

JUST.

>t. adored
it is 1180, screencap this.

Nvidia posted a teaser yesterday and it has multiple hints that it's called 2080.

post it here figit

How nu r u? That's been Jewvidia's naming scheme for a decade you idiot.

twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1029164596903337984

that's a diff card.

>RoyTeX
>Not_11
it is confirmed. It is going to be the RTX 2080.

Attached: Dkhi9j7UYAEPPFF.jpg (1800x926, 42K)

In the steam chat scene there's also a hint. One of the guys is called Mac-20 the other one is Eight tee, aka 2080.

And in the very end at the numbers in that date also pop up "spelling" 2080.

Had been ages since I was excited for the launch of something. Never bought a GPU at launch in my life (always has been a poorfag) but now I have a decent job and I can't wait to upgrade. I just hope they won't price the fucker at something crazy like 800 or 900 Euros.

he even has the wiseass bro hairstyle with the gelled up hair, fucking lol

>barber: what can i do for you today
>faggot: just spike my shit up with gel
Feels like high school all over again.

Attached: 1449229171632.png (798x770, 676K)

>suit
>"hairstyle"
>buys tons of crap for a fad

So he's LARPing?

>tfw my bro jumped on the GPU mining train just as it was starting to take a downturn
>tried to warn him that he could be investing a lot of money never to get a return on it and end up with a bunch of GPUs he has to offload for much less than he paid
>fuck you I'm doing it
>alright
Kinda sad seeing the money wasted but what can you do

Did you at least throw him a bone and buy a cheap GPU off of him?

Eh you win some and you lose some lmao

>buying a used GPU even when knowing it comes from a cryptominer who
>1) is jacking up the used price to make back what he paid/didn't profit from
>2) has ran that card through its fucking lifespan in such a short time

NOOOOOOOOOOOTHX

>crypto's taken a massive dive and mining is becoming unsustanable and people are starting to lose money on their GPU investments.
Jow Forums here, that's false. The biggest hoarders of GPUs put them in energy cheap areas. Chinks still make 2x on bitcone with asics and I imagine the same turnover with GPUs.

What you vidya cucks should be worried about is landing one of those GPUs from the chink floods. They're literally damaged by water. I'd avoid buying used 5XX/4XX cards.

>new currency
>no government can control or regulate
>limited supply
>[PUMP AND DUMP INTENSIFIES]
>bitcoin millionaire
>yet everyone cashes out in fiat in the end
It's a fucking ponzy scheme. I can't believe idiots still fall for it.
The only real winners are the graphics card companies and the very select few who managed to play the game right to fuck most of you out of your crypto worth, before they bailed the fuck out with cash paper.

big winners are those who start ICOs.

Cringe
I mean, I play video games, but looking at people turn on their rgb swagfag tanks and closing out the real world was just cringe

This. Bought one used card once and regretted it. Had up underclock it for it to stop crashing

so I should hold off buying a gtx 1080?

>buying mining GPUs
Miners do not give a fuck, they undervolt and overclock them and run them 24/7

Attached: 1529162642242.png (640x480, 422K)

That fucking hair wtf

I buy them all the time without issue.
I rather like my $140 GTX 1060.

If I do buy a card, it will be a new one.
I would never buy a card that was used for mining for 2 reasons:
-the card has been running at 100% capacity for an extended time and may be damaged or need fans/thermal paste replaces
-crypto-miners are scum and don't deserve any of their money back and should be forced to sit on their new paperweights forever or give them away for free

Attached: tom.jpg (500x500, 57K)

That's why I think that Nvidia has to make a bigger leap with their new cards because they will compete with all the used miner cards that will be thrown on the market. But we will see.

What's the 'R' in RTX supposed to mean anyway, is it a nod toward their new raytracing stuff or what

>20% on overinflated prices

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

I would instantly buy a miner card again.

You retards don't seem to understand the changes of going from hot to cold to hot to cold are what damage the materials in GPUs.

I bought a miner R290 for $200 in 2014 and then mined on it myself for a year or two. The card was at 94'c the entire fucking time. Still runs flawless.

>not isolating yourself from this painful existence when you go deep into your fantasy where your thicc lizard wife is preparing her eggs for you.

>buy a new one
>crypto-miners are scum and don't deserve any of their money back

this,

is it really even worth it to buy some RX or Vega or 1080 that's been under load 24/7 and running hot as fuck for over a year?

Yes

Everything under a 40% cut is effectively overpaying. The current generation is 2 years old and is still going for over MSRP.

no

thanks

based

>b-buy my card pls

>twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1029164596903337984
the numbers at the end even come up 20 8 0
stupid to break the naming continuity

People who invested early and got out at a reasonable time were winners. I sold at 1k a long time ago and am pretty happy

Finally I'll get a pair of RX580 for me and my wife, prices were a scam this year.

>Intel planning to jump on the mining bandwagon

The absolute state

>le master race

>It's another minerfag is trying to get rid of his shitty gpus with almost dead VRMs after deciding to not kill himself because he followed reddits advice by calling the suicide hotline episode.

Attached: 1471891524751.png (616x480, 237K)

THIS. even ebay bid wars always end up over MSRP at the last moment.
mining is much less of a task than gaming for a GPU. most mining GPUs are undervolted and run at relatively low temps. the only thing you need to worry about are the fans that worked 24/7 for months if not a year - but those can be easily replaced.
STILL: DON'T BUY AT MORE THAN 50% OF MSRP

>tfw cheap DDR3 never ever

Attached: 1482115149166.jpg (721x470, 27K)

>DDR3 used to be cheap before >muh bitcoiné rolled in
>Now it's x2 as expensive

Attached: 1513819683210.jpg (200x191, 36K)

Dis

>believing miners will sell their rigs
>implying they won't just generate another coin to mine for

Miners more and more shitting up the used classifieds with regular reposting of their rigs at stupid prices. Almost as many reposts as from TechYesCity watching autists who think seven year old re-parted specials are worth $600. The used computer parts section is become sadder.

You have no clue on how electronics work you retard.

I noticed the same. Last weekend I was looking if maybe used 1080s have become cheap now. Extremely used ones are still being sold for 580 - 700 Euros.

Forget it. Cryptominers have to be made to suffer to rethink their life choices.

Dont cry baby

That's almost where they'll price it(realistically).
You won't be able to but it below that price unless you manage to order one on hour after they add it to the store

Who would buy an expensive used GPU at this point? Chances are you won't get a 1080ti for firesale prices, and chances are it's been abused to hell and will shit out on you sooner than later. I would still rather get a new one under warranty and have it last much longer.

Friendly remainder that if you buy an used 1080ti or any GPU from a miner you are literally a spineless bastard with no respect to yourself that let himself be cucked by miners by giving them free out of jail card for the transgression they did to whole community, on top of that a sole reason why such occurrence like GPU price hike/shortage will take place in the future again

Yeah, fuck miners. Let them sit on their burned-out gpus.

Step 3: Nvidia "deprecates" drivers for 10xx CPUs to "legacy". Muh games slow
Step 4: Winbabby man children crying
Step 5: GNU/Linux chads get even cheaper GPUs to use with free Nouveau drivers

Attached: 1473172850916.png (300x300, 24K)

>Step 3: Nvidia "deprecates" drivers for 10xx CPUs to "legacy".
Yeah, in 2025 maybe.

>mining GPUs

Literally mining digital tulips in hope that a sucker bigger than you will buy them

We're unironically close to the burst of the most massive global economy bubble in history. Yes, crypto was also in a bubble. Buy gold, buy back into crypto once you think it's tanked enough, and they will hold equity better than any state currency or any asset like stocks, real estate and so on that have had a bubble inflating them since 2008.

Fans on used GPUs are by far the part most likely to fail, and perfectly feasible to replace on the cheap. Miners don't like running GPUs hard because power efficiency is their profit margin, they like running them long which runs down the MTBF on the fan.

>Have 2 msi gaming x 1080ti cards and 4 evga ftw triple fan cards for sale. Like a dummy I thought could make some side cash mining and it hasnt worked out well so far. They were all bought new about 4 months ago and turned off the rig last month due to large electric Bills. Hate seeing them just sit so decided to sell them off. While mining, temps never went higher than 62c mining low power usage coins, wanted to get maximum life from the 900-950 I spent on each card since I planned on it being a long term investment. I'm selling all cards for 550 each also have two 850 watt power supplies and a asus gaming board with a i3 processor. Willing to make a package deal if someone wants it all for 3,000.
stlouis.craigslist.org/sop/d/1080ti/6668401161.html
kek
Cryptominers have to deal with their poorest decision.

To be clear, your purpose of buying crypto in this scenario is not to make a return per se, it's simply to maintain equity while everyone else's assets are revealed to be pure hot air.

>tfw made 100k$ mining
>1070s were selling like hot cakes after 2 years of mining
thanks goys

Attached: 1529507984165.jpg (338x332, 18K)

>550

Lol they don't deserve anything less than 200$.

I agree. I sent him a message saying take $150 or nothing cuz I told him that RTX 2080 is coming out next week, and the price of 1080ti will drop like a rock. If he waits a bit longer, then the value of 1080ti will get worst and worst. Less than $100 will happen next few months because miners dump many GPUs.

Its going to compound a lot. I can't wait for Amazon and Craigslist prices to fall down along with the newest releases. This is a steal for the next 6 years.

what is this game

point 2 is based point 1 is retarded.
In order to mine profitably you've to gain more than the electricity you're spending. It makes more sense to slow down the pace of the hardware in order to consume less power than pressing the gas pedal all the way in. Also silicon doesn't care about load size and operating time, it can't tell the difference from mining 24/7 for a couple of month and rendering autistic games 16 hours a day per years of usage, ironically the last is worse because it cause the card to undergo thermal cycles which is the true electronic killer.

dont think I havent considered it