Is manjaro any good?

Is manjaro any good?

Attached: images.png (205x246, 528)

Other urls found in this thread:

nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/07/11/another-linux-distro-poisoned-with-malware/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump, is it true that you can get it with OpenRC out from the box?

Just try it out.
Takes less than 10 minutes to install.

No

>All of the downsides of Arch without any of the benefits.
Not good.

Ugly name. Close to the italian "mangiare", lol.

porcp diox l'unica cosa che gli user di manjaro mangiano é la merda

Name sounds too 'ooga booga' for me to ever want to try.

Name sounds too much like 1 man 1 jar hole.

Been running it on my college laptop for almost a year now, it's pretty good. Only problem I found is that I haven't found a network manager that detects login portals for networks that need it, and it's kind of a pain having to find it every time I encounter a new network like that, but that isn't really a manjaro issue. All I do with it is internet browsing and writing shit on Word so make of that what you will.

if the only thing you are going to use is a browser and audio & video and vim or text editing it is fine, i tried it with some sdr software like gnuradio and gqrx and it was terribly broken for sdrplay and rfspace cloud-IQ

yes

It's garbage. Arch but worse.

Just install Arch

Not that bad, but you should use Arch instead, it's better by far. Why? More control over its packages, and you can update them very easy. Even so, Gentoo is the best distro out there. I switched to Gentoo from Arch a while ago, best decision in my life. If you're too retarded to install it, there's an option, CloverOS, basically Gentoo for brainlets.

3/10 too much bloat and terrible documentation. worst forum I've ever seen

you could
but now you can't
also Manjaro Architect is awesome, but now it's awful because they can't even sign their packages correctly

No, it's complete shit. Just like all other gnulinux distros.

Manjaro is literally "I'm both too retarded to install regular Arch and too ignorant to just use Antergos"

What do then, I wanna move up from mint, but arch is too much for me at this point

Manjaro is pretty ebin if you want arch but cba setting it up. The XFCE version is the best plug and play distro out there right now.

Then just use fucking debian or fedora or some shit you fucking retard

It's fallen into Microsoft's hands, so no. It might be malicious.

Why so mean user, I just wanna learn

Attached: fac653.jpg (367x429, 37K)

>fucking cunt eat shit dick ass cock fucking retarded kys faggot die in a hole

Artixlinux is what became of Manjaro OpenRC and Arch OpenRC these merged into a single project. Manjaro 32 can also still be found elsewhere, although is still has systemd.

Attached: c00521bf-7d70-481f-a02c-a073930dc657..png (960x637, 678K)

Just install Antergos which is basically an arch installer.

Attached: 1501285606780.jpg (320x320, 29K)

Yes, once you discover AUR you will never want to use shitbuntu again, also, rolling releases

So.. Is artilinux good?

>Arch based
So bloated garbage

Porca miseria

Yes. Installed it today and it's the only distro worth using if you are a beginner

I've ran Debian most of my life but decided to try Manjaro out in the last few months.

AUR has greatly improved my experience on Manjaro.

t. Ubuntu user

like everything else, it has its pros and cons. the best advice that I can give you, is to simply try it (or any other distro) for yourself. I use DriveDroid to keep several of my favorite distros on my phone then boot a live image on my target machine, or just try new ones.

if you really want to learn, there is no better teacher than your own experience. use a search engine to find answers first, and don't be afraid to experiment. yes, you will get frustrated at times, yes, you will want to give up at times. that's OK. just be persistent. the knowledge will come. before you know it, you will be the one giving great advice- like me.

good hunting!

-Master Foo

Attached: 862cc741-c90b-4f5a-99ad-88ffe4e86da4..gif (268x200, 1.25M)

It's rare to see a reply like this around here, thanks user

I used to use Manjaro on my ancient 10+ year old machines, until Manjaro dropped support for 32bit machines. I also wanted to ditch systemd, so I switched to MX. I prefer Manjaro's package manager, but I am willing to adapt to attain my desired computing environment. do not become complacent. push yourself, and you confidence will grow with each success- no matter how small.

Also, install OpenWrt on a spare router. an old router is fine as long as its on the supported list of devices. I just upgraded my NSLU2 to version 18.0.6., along with my main router, along with an old WRT300N. I do this to keep my skills sharp, and try new things. Just because a piece of equipment is old, does not mean it is useless.

make a nice ssh logon banner for your router. look up how to create a pre-login banner and make one of those. use color. make it funny. make it your own there are tons of how-tos out there. small fun exercises like these go a long way, and give you a great sense of accomplishment.

lastly, consider joining your local Linux User Group. almost every city has at least one. you will find people who are not only knowledgeable, but genuinely happy to share their knowledge. you might even make new friends.

oh, and don't fap so much. root your android device instead. install bash on it, or termux.

-Master Foo

Attached: 142c0125-6bf1-417d-a594-69fe3da4a8f1..png (1001x823, 806K)

If you like malware its okay.
>nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/07/11/another-linux-distro-poisoned-with-malware/

Attached: 1530301954199.jpg (690x460, 186K)

based paul ducking at it again with the fake news

Note the link in the post above mine. when anons post a link like this, take the time to read it. all of it. why? the user states that Arch is OK if you like malware. if he had actually read the article, he would have learned several key items he omitted from his opinion.

1. the affected packages were part of the AUR a repo that is not maintained by the Arch/Manjaro devs. the Devs warn users about installing packages from the AUR.

2. the infected packages have been fixed

3. the maleware script had a programming error so it did not complete its task.

the lesson here is simple. take all advice from strangers on the internet with a healthy amount of skepticism. verity information for yourself, and be diligent in your research. also, I noticed the article was really well written and explains the incident in detail, while keeping the novice reader in mind. i recommend bookmarking the site as a source of good info, based on the quality of the authors writing.

Master Foo

Attached: 15904fce-a608-49b5-bf70-bfd8875d9cd2..jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

which DE?

What about the malware that comes preinstalled with Arch/Manjaro like systemd and speck?

just werks, only arch faggots hating on it, because it doesn't look l33t on their gay i3 desktop