Has lighting technology reached perfection?

Has lighting technology reached perfection?

Attached: Filaments-line-LED.jpg (1170x1320, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/GEZEE-Decorative-Vintage-Filament-Equivalent/dp/B07C6STZN2/
amazon.com/Equivalent-5000K-AC100-277V-Replacement-Qualified/dp/B073FC9KBD
amazon.com/5000K-E39-Replacement-Waterproof-Outdoor/dp/B01C9OTN5W/
youtube.com/watch?v=FaC_9kKat7Y
archive.org/stream/TheMangaGuideToElectricity/The-Manga-Guide-To-Electricity#page/n177
cool.conservation-us.org/byorg/us-doe/color_rendering_index.pdf
nypost.com/2018/08/13/your-phone-is-blinding-you-scientists-warn/
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/23/near-infrared-led-lighting.aspx
hal.sorbonne-universite.fr/hal-01383394/file/Krigel_Light-induced.pdf
youtu.be/25j2C4jq2HI?t=42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only when 100 CRI leds get cheap

Where can i buy that LED dildo?

No. LEDs have to exceed 300 lm/W in mass production first.

What's wrong with the current 90/95/98 LEDs?

God created the sun 10,000 years ago. Why would you need anything else?

That's G-d to you, fedora.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (318x424, 16K)

>LEDs
Enjoy cancer

most led’s in stores are below 90cri
very poor quality light

Well if he wasn't such a lazy fuck he would have created another one and we'd have light across the entire disc all the time, can't blame us for compensating for the lack of intelligent design.

amazon.com/GEZEE-Decorative-Vintage-Filament-Equivalent/dp/B07C6STZN2/

Jow Forums size:
amazon.com/Equivalent-5000K-AC100-277V-Replacement-Qualified/dp/B073FC9KBD
amazon.com/5000K-E39-Replacement-Waterproof-Outdoor/dp/B01C9OTN5W/

I am so sad to hear about your autism.

Attached: 1452006070011.jpg (460x806, 102K)

Whatever happened to the '50s idea of ambient light? The idea was that all building surfaces would glow to light up an area without shadows or glare.
Imagine a room where the ceiling glowed brightly enough to enable reading but could be dimmed for, say, videos.
The source of the light was originally electroluminescence, but now it would probably be LEDs.

Cree's are 90, some of Feit's are 90 too

>very poor quality light
what does that even mean?

>LEDs make the frogs gay and gives them cancer

>>>/infowars/

>what does that even mean?
Uneven spectrum

How do you prevent white LED yellowing?

high electrical infetterence

Kek they unironically look like this too

>2k18
>e27
Are u serious?

Filament lamps have bad UGR, CRI/GAI, poor efficacy and low lifespan. Conventional chip/cob leds are superior in every way.

>ceiling fan is GU10
>have to pay a premium for such a meme socket

Remote phosphor

dimmable LEDs are very expensive but can last 20+ years

This has to be a troll post of some kind

Wat?
It is not cheap (shitton of led strips or expensive lenses/diffusers or large drop celling height), not efficient due to light losses in diffuser, expensive no service and it must be installed in a construction phase not afterwards.

Attached: src.jpg (1000x664, 105K)

incandescent bulbs with really thick filaments that require a shitload of energy and last for a literal century from the 1920s were perfection

Not until they have a near limitless lifespan and waste no energy on anything other than light.

Generally means "less like the visible portion of the sunlight spectrum".

>Filament lamps have bad UGR, CRI, poor efficacy and low lifespan

No, you can get 90 CRI filament bulbs with just as good or better lumens/watt than other led bulbs. They sell frosted filament lights if you don't want sharp bright lines just like incandescence lights had. As for lifespan, it's quoted lower on the box as a guesstimate but actual tests show they hold up just fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=FaC_9kKat7Y

Leds suffer from 3 issues.

1. Bluelight which can damage your eyes because the pupil can't detect in to reduce size to prevent photon damage.

2. PWM causes a strobe like effect that makes you light headed and motion sick.

3. the AC/DC converter creates a low frequency humming.

Until them filament is superior reading light while leds are nice for outdoors or 24/7 ambience lighting with filter and diffuser to save power and cost of replacement.

It's not good quality light for your health though.

>living in commieforina

What the fuck are you thinking?

>1. Bluelight which can damage your eyes because the pupil can't detect in to reduce size to prevent photon damage.

Stop repeating that bullshit. It's not true.

>2. PWM causes a strobe like effect that makes you light headed and motion sick.

It's like you never looked at a CRT.

>3. the AC/DC converter creates a low frequency humming.

i r8 0/8 b8

incandescents can last a couple of centuries if you dim them. Whats your point, again?

>Stop repeating that bullshit. >It's not true.
It's not bullshit and I'm a EE so I'm not "reading bullshit"
Look at how light is produced with LED it's a spark gap ie PLASMA which is blue light just like the sun is (ultra)voilet light
Both are dangerious and both don't retract to prevent photonic damage.
Light from a filament is actually just from extremely high resistance heated material from the electrons flowing constantly and is a yellow/orange light which is in the visible spectrum and considered a natural type light

>It's like you never looked at a CRT.
Exactly those make can make you sick for extended periods too.

>3. the AC/DC converter creates a low frequency humming.

This is true too.
leds can only run off DC and require a AC/DC converter if it's running in a home AC bulb outlet (which is inside the bulb ceramic screw part which is why those still get hot even though the led itself and plastic is useally cool.)

>It's not bullshit and I'm a EE so I'm not "reading bullshit"

Sure you are mr codemonkey science major,

>Look at how light is produced with LED it's a spark gap ie PLASMA which is blue light just like the sun is (ultra)voilet light

Go educate yourself: archive.org/stream/TheMangaGuideToElectricity/The-Manga-Guide-To-Electricity#page/n177

Even cheapo Ikea bulbs are 90+ CRI

ccr dimmable LED is perfection. maybe with a way to skew the colors.

Attached: gayfrogs.jpg (720x656, 71K)

Can someone explain these filament meme bulbs with the glowy orange tubes that barely emit light like in the op? What is their use? Why would anyone use them over normal bulbs?

Attached: 4CFFC5C425E34A5D91B11D0846D4979E.jpg (432x398, 43K)

>ccr dimmable LED is perfection. maybe with a way to skew the colors.
Philips already has 'em. Calls the series 'Warm Glow'.

they're pretty and no less efficient.

>no less efficient.
They barely illuminate anything. So they're only used as decoration instead of actual illumination? Sounds like hipster nonsense

its like, they invented something new, LED, that had (surprisingly) none of the disadvantages of old lighting - was efficient, could take any form or shape, didn't need a filament or an expensive and fragile glass manle, etc.

Naturally, having acheived all this progress at a stroke, next logical step was to revert ti into SOS at the earliest possible opportunity. Thus, Tesla design owes more to the horse-drawn carriage than any logical modern transport design, and thus, we now have 'filament bulb' LED lamps.

because he didn't make it possible for light to penetrate windowless walls :DDDD

>not having transparent aluminum walls
Stop not living in the future

>They barely illuminate anything. So they're only used as decoration instead of actual illumination? Sounds like hipster nonsense
they're not all low power. Some are used for accent lighting at 2200K and just a few watts. But you can get them at any light output/color temp you want.

Same reason sub 5000K lights exist, people are weird and illogical.

>sub 5000K
Having very warm illumination can be useful for some places. But at least they actually illuminate the place. The led filament decoration lights barely light up.

So they're night lights.

Everyone on Jow Forums thinks they're a professional photographer/videographer for whom the color rendering index of a light bulb actually matters.

It matters for your mood and eyes not getting tired

>Muh placebo

Nah senpai.

It has been studied.

I forgot to channge the theme from yotsuba B
How long do I have?

Attached: 1534085296458.jpg (611x529, 209K)

>can't afford windows
>t. poorfag

how can god exist if he created a world where i dont have a gf??

And was determined inconclusive, from what I can see.

Since I actually cite sources, here's a paper that suggests you can't really tell what the CRI of a light source is from looking at a scene and even LED lights with terrible CRI can appear to produce good color. cool.conservation-us.org/byorg/us-doe/color_rendering_index.pdf

they're not all dim. You can get them in regular wattages too.

Attached: filamentbulb.jpg (1200x797, 418K)

I'd hold off on switching all the bulbs in the house to LED. still on CFL right now (I know, mercury...)

nypost.com/2018/08/13/your-phone-is-blinding-you-scientists-warn/
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/23/near-infrared-led-lighting.aspx

hal.sorbonne-universite.fr/hal-01383394/file/Krigel_Light-induced.pdf

Attached: index.jpg (301x167, 9K)

No fucking reason to use these over regular LEDs for general lighting.
I can get a dollar tree LED bulb that flickers less than these filament bulbs

Who puts windows in a home theater room?

Be aware filament bulbs sometimes have more flicker, because some skip having a power supply and use the LEDs for rectification.

New York Post (a tabloid)
A Natural Healing site that also claims Vinegar fights cancer
Blinding light used on albino rats with forcibly dilated pupils.

Whew, lad.

sub 85 cri makes raw meat look greenish.

honestly, it causes most red things to look weird.

how can god exist if im trapped in a sims bathroom with no doors

Don't you get way more blue light any time you go outside? I can't even drive on a cloudy day without sunglasses.

Your CFLs use the same kind of phosphorescent material as LEDs. They both hit glowy white shit with ultraviolet. You can make your lighting less harsh by having none of it direct, only reflected off matte surfaces.

>CFL
>actually make uv light that fucks shit up

kek

A couple tablespoons of vinegar with a meal has been shown to lessen blood sugar spikes. It's a worthwhile condiment.

>Your CFLs use the same kind of phosphorescent material as LEDs. They both hit glowy white shit with ultraviolet.
Same idea, entirely different phosphors.

>real sources
>cool.conversation-us.org
lel anyone can buy a .org domain
>Jow Forums.org

and broccoli is good for you. doesn't mean it cures cancer.

It does significantly lower your risk. All cruciferous vegetables do. I usually eat a pound a day because I like them so much.

>No fucking reason to use these over regular LEDs for general lighting.

They have much better light distribution around the bulb's equator vs regular bulbs that send most of it to the northern hemisphere.

>I can get a dollar tree LED bulb that flickers less than these filament bulbs

Flicker is determined by the power supply and there are good filament bulbs with constant current drivers. See
youtu.be/25j2C4jq2HI?t=42s

If there's a god, it's not your god, given the size of the universe and all the evidences of how the thing was created.
And you better hope to be a god that don't care about you, or it may be something wanting to eat you.

t.

Attached: 1487575086383.png (601x508, 127K)

>use the LEDs for rectification

No, they always use at least a diode and usually a full bridge rectifier. LEDs can't handle high reverse biases. What they skimp out on are smoothing capacitors.

>Don't you get way more blue light any time you go outside

Yes.

>Your CFLs use the same kind of phosphorescent material as LEDs

No.

>They both hit glowy white shit with ultraviolet

No.

>If there's a god, it's not your god,
>given the size of the universe and all the evidences of how the thing was created.

The first does not follow from the second.

White LEDs are ultraviolet LEDs with white phosphor. An RGB setup has too poor a CRI for general lighting.

The way the bible describes how this universe was created is wrong.
So either the god that did the bible is lying thru it, or the bible does not represent an existing god.

Most blue LEDs are like that too. Direct blue LEDs were very brief. If you put a sticky note over one for a few months, it will turn white in that spot.

this shit is as bad or worse than audiophiles
99% of people buy a light and are satisfied because it's no longer dark
the other 1% are people who put "luminiferous design enthusiast" on their resume

>White LEDs are ultraviolet LEDs with white phosphor.
No. Blue LEDs with a yellow phosphor.

Depends on your climate.

I can't tell if you're really autistic or just baiting poorly

Attached: The Genesis in Modern English.png (443x1347, 345K)

wat

cold peeps like "warm" yellow, warm peeps like "cold" white, so that's what stores carry.

99.999% of all white LED are blue LEDs. The only exception is Yuji that makes violet based 98+cri LEDs.

UV LEDs are still at a premium and quite rare. Even some "black light" LEDs in stores are really just 405nm violet leds (though they still cause things to fluoresce) and not sub400nm actual UV.

why don t you plug in your computer to the sun then ?

Jesus christ can everyone in this thread stop sperging and tell me what lights I should be using

5778K sunlight LEDs

Get some kind of LED bulb.

has nothing to do with cold vs warm. The only difference is the proportion of blue to yellow. Same blue pump, same yellow phosphor. Read the data sheets.

the cheapest ones they sell and a good return policy
no one actually notices notices any of the shit in this thread unless they make a point of obsessing over it.
light + dark area = illuminated

>99.999% of all white LED are blue LEDs. The only exception is Yuji that makes violet based 98+cri LEDs.
True, and they're both half as efficient and get the high CRI as kind of a cheat (moving the 'hump' of the pump color into a region the classic CRI charts don't check for).

The hump isn't a problem so much as the missing deep red spectrum and to a lesser extent the missing violet and intermediate blue spectrum.