Just got Galaxy S9

I just got into ricing android so i downloaded the fdroid thing got clover and t-ui. Im going to root and install ROMs later but for now what's a good alternative to the stock keyboard and what other shit can i do to make it look more minimal so shit isnt popping up and annoying me. How do i make it less annoying?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_i9000_galaxy_s-3115.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_grand_2-5862.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_(2017)-8494.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thinkpad T420

Return it and don't get a fucking Samsung.

They're the Apple of Android. Their devices are shitty, bloated, overpriced, and locked down.

>They're the Apple of Android. Their devices are shitty, bloated, overpriced, and locked down.
/thread

Use gboard.

>Ricing
Edgy 13 year old spotted

This is the answer

What are you doing on Jow Forums?

>go to the settings and disable the Samsung apps and bixby
>put all samsung apps in a folder and never open it
>download gboard because all third party keyboards are botnet and spyware anyway and gboard is at least good
>pick a wallpaper
this is the only ricing you'll ever need

Fpbp.

AdAway

>locked down
They're mildly locked down. Not anything like Sony, which is why I never bought an Xperia. And unlike Apple, you can flash a custom ROM and get rid of all the bloatware and the awful stock ROM.

>How do i make it less annoying
Shoot yourself. That will help.

Samsung's low to mid range phones are overpriced af.

No OP, I just use Aguard DNS it removes like 95% of mobile ads and post via Omnichan. Not eve bothering with complicatied shit anymore fuck that.

Have an A5 from 2017. Was 230eur all taxes included, I live in Eastern Europe. If you can't spend that every 2 years or so that means you have seriously fucked up your life.
Touchwizz is useable now if you disable a bunch bloat manually. You get secure boot and malware scanner too from Nougat upwards.

Worst idea because it tracks your words and logs them on your google account.

Not talking about consumer electronics.

Btw I think S9 is a bit overpriced you should have waited or gotten the S8+ instead.

Will be getting even worse because next gen SD chips have full functioning AI just like Android P.

It's completely other way round. Samsung devices past s5 have been locked down to shit. Meanwhile Sony provides official AOSP for their flagship phones. Only Exynos samsungs have any development now and all of them except s9(due to project treble) have fucking garbage ROMs.

Any of their recent US devices are completely locked. No custom ROMs. You're stuck with their shitty stock ROM.

And the unlocked Exynos ones are a pain in the ass to develop for. Plus, you shouldn't need to have to flash a custom ROM to get a good software experience.

There are still phones you can get for that price that have close to stock Android and are good.

While Motorola has been going through some meh changes, it still makes good budget devices.

You only get Exynos in Europe and I have monthly security updates.

Wait brb, will check the list.

Yes something similar and cheaper too would be the Nokia 6 from 2018, it runs Android One. But when I've bought the phone it wasn't available and I was upgrading with the A5 from and Galaxy grand 2 so I'm okay with the progress currently.

if you're planning on custom ROMs soon, don't bother attempting to debloat stock ROM.
Otherwise, install nova launcher, disable system apps, install KLWP for ricing, and check out for more ricing info.

>Be me
>Own Galaxy S7
Don't get Samsung. I agree with the other anons about being shit, overpriced and locked down. KNOX is absolute shit.

Exynos is shit for development.

I'm not the one writing code. You go deal with that.

Pretty sure the Nokia devices are bootloader locked.

Still has a shit stock ROM. And when updates stop in two years you're gonna want those people to make custom ROMs so you can stay up to date.

Let's take the car you've just bought to it's core components and re-arrange it so you can spend all of your time sperging out on it.
Fuck Jow Forums it turned from tech enthusiasts to underage know-it-all people who want to sacrifice all their free time on this.

I make 30k eur per year.

Your analogy with cars don't make any sense. It doesn't take much time and effort to use and upkeep a custom ROM (that someone else is maintaining). And it takes even less time and effort to get a phone with good software in the first place.

It does to normies.

I own an S9+. I think it's way better than an iPhone X. I would never buy a mid range phone from Samsung though.

Your point? You can get a good budget phone from Motorola. And if anything you'd want custom ROMs so you don't need to spend to get a new phone in two years.

The average consumer would be just fine buying a phone that isn't a Samshit. There are other crappy manufacturers as well of course.

Apple devices are nice because they "just work". You lose customization but you gain the aspect of you don't need to tweak much, you get a simple device that does basic things. Android gives you more customization and tweakbility but also that gives you more need to tweak it so it works for you. Samsung tries to do both and this is one of the things that make their software so shitty. Whether you'd want an iOS device or an Android device depends entirely on the person and their needs, but if you want an Android device then a Samsung should disappoint you.

Gee

I want stuff that works, you just want to dick around with your phone for all day long for dopamine spikes. Sometimes you'll fuck it up sometimes it will work, but until you are preoccupied with it you have no time to go out and talk to people irl. Good excuse.
First smartphone was this
gsmarena.com/samsung_i9000_galaxy_s-3115.php
Second this
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_grand_2-5862.php
Third and current this
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_(2017)-8494.php
I'm okay with the progress, thx.
Last post on this board ever.

Name one android phone that has a better or equal screen, a better or equal camera, a better or equal processor, NFC, IP68, headphone jack, memory card slot and no notch.

I'll wait.

>not the note 9 for Fortnite

>no notch
You are very smart.
This thing doesn't need a notch because the screen doesn't go all the way up anyway.
What the hell, man?!