I'M DOING IT

I'M DOING IT

I'M INSTALLING LINUX

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT WITH YOUR PRE-INSTALLED BLOATWARE APPS

Attached: DSC_1272_1.jpg (1458x822, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/GNU/
harmful.cat-v.org/software/GCC
Jow
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/freetardism.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>install Amazon: The Distro

That's GNU/Linux. Linux is the kernel. You should have installed an FSF approved distro.

Ignore the elitist spergs and take the time to learn how to use Ubuntu. You don't need a super secret cool kidz klub distro.

Have a nice time.
Learn new things.
Look at ezlinux's channel for guides for newbies.
Do not expect it to work like windows.
If you use an nvidia gpu use the "additional drivers" tool included.
Some software i recommend is gdebi and synaptic and steam.

Do you think Stallman could use Jow Forums with his setup?

You'll be back

Yes, he could. But he would need a pass to post.

Instead you have pre-installed Ubuntu bloatware apps.
He should've installed a linux distribution without HARMFUL GNU BLOAT

Quoting Uriel (pbuh)
harmful.cat-v.org/software/GNU/
harmful.cat-v.org/software/GCC

Attached: urielwasright.png (820x1172, 26K)

>FUCK YOU MICROSOFT WITH YOUR PRE-INSTALLED BLOATWARE APPS
>installs a bloated linux distro
You need to go paint some happy lil' trees my friend.

Attached: 2015-10-15_13-15-23.png (354x396, 200K)

GNU is peak computing. Stop being a hipster.

He was too pure for this earth.
He's in a better place now.

Is this that guy who did the LGBT show recently?

Listen to this guy, not the autists. Sure, Ubuntu has more bloat than other distros but you can always switch to those distros once you learn Linux better by using Ubuntu. My only tip is try to use the terminal instead of the GUI whenever possible.

This is how your journey begins

>installs another botnet.

Why not just start with something more minimal then

>Yes, he could
>Jow Forums runs a proprietary version of imageboard software that we refer to internally as "Yotsuba." Currently there are no plans to make our code available to the public.
Jow Forums.org/faq#software

yeah, I know, gnome is terrible

>Hide the amazon shit
>It goes away never to be seen again
>Hide windows bloat
>Le sweating developers man comes to your house and fucks you with a rake while installing bonzi buddy on your computer

Attached: oww.jpg (1424x648, 88K)

>Implying you can't easily remove anything you don't like in linux
>Implying linux is windows 10

Stallman has publicly stated he has no issue with Jow Forums. He just wished we would stop associating him with a distro he dislikes, Gentoo.

Next thing you know you'll learn to make screenshots.
My only complaint about Ubuntu for beginners is that, in my experience, Linux newfags coming from Windows do better in MATE than GNOME 3.

because he probably doesn't want to need a lightweight text editor for a simple task and then realise he doesn't have one and then have to find one to install

Nothing but inane comments

Which honestly is a pretty concise and accurate description.

Well if you remove apt it's not Ubuntu anymore.

Who cares, its linux, just install whatever you want.

Lies, he has issues with the right wing extremist views many of our users share.
He doesn't approve of swastikas or people saying the word nigger.

That's an issue with the users, nitwit.

That's cause your average Jow Forums user believes the same things as this guy

Attached: 920x920.jpg (609x920, 45K)

Nice try, he's super pro-free speech. He doesn't want the government deciding what people can or can't say.

Listen to those guys OP, they are sane

Attached: 5451b180b6b53def9b7f41af6eb9b96c.jpg (480x474, 32K)

Tank Abbott? He is a well spoken individual.

yo babe i'm sorry come back

pls show bobs and vegane

You just installed the poobrown, slow, memoryleaking & crashing GNOME DE variant of amazondistro(tm). Congrats.

Install Mint or Solus.

Attached: 1532714229536.jpg (401x349, 42K)

Man, you guys weren't joking about the elitist spergs.

This.
Install Solus systemd/linux

Attached: solus.png (1323x927, 80K)

Are you a red hat faggot as well? Or are you just gay for GNU bloat and bugs?

Oh look a graph that's a million years old.

Name a better entirely free operating system.

>entirely free
every linux distro is entirely free

True.
Mint is more newbie friendly than Ubuntu. Ubuntu throne of just werks was lost. Deal with.
Also both Mate and Cinnanon are easier on begginers (and anyone sane) than GNOME3. Gnome devs should be shot.

No. Some include non-free software.

No, it's still entirely free because you aren't in any way forced to use it if you don't want to. This is not the case with Windows or Mac. There are things in those operating systems that are out of the user's control.

Everything in every linux distro is under the user's control.

Stupid American.

Base Alpine is gnu free, and free as well. And more used than any other OS. Every big enterprise is now using Alpine on their linux container. It has both freedom, security, simplicity and better yet: No redhat or gnu.

now come back pls pls :(

Attached: 1504577153636.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Stupid communist who wants to kill hundreds of millions of people because they don't want to adhere to his ideology.

You sound like an angry slave.

big milk, im fuck your bobs

id try to install another de (either xfce or kde) they'll be more user friendly and closer to windows kde has more bloat and looks nicer out the bat but xfce has less bloat but you can make it look nicer with some time ( sudo apt-get install kde or sudo apt-get install xfce or xfce4 )

Whether a software is proprietary or not doesn't matter if it's never intended for distribution.

You are the slave who's chained to an ideology. I'm free to use or not use whatever software I want, whenever I want, for whatever reason I want. I'm free from ideology.

Oh look a desperate ubuntu shill.

You're free to be a slave. That's great. I'm more concerned with freedom of software.

>Mint is more newbie friendly than Ubuntu
I'd just go with Ubuntu MATE to give them a more popular distro.

You are a religious zelot who can't eat pork

It's zealot, you fucking idiot.

God BLESS you OP, you absolute madman. FUCK those micro$oft assholes.

You don't refute the point though. Enjoy your superstitions.

> Not building gentoo

what the fuck are you doing with your life?

Enjoy being a slave.

>Restricts himself for arbitrary reasons whilst I am free to do as I please
>Calls me a slave
lol, gg no re.

Get Manjaro KDE next time.

>Get Kubuntu next time.
fify

don't use wayland

You aren't free to do as you please with non-free software, slave.
Just say Ubuntu with KDE.

>You aren't free to do as you please with non-free software, slave.
According to whom? Your sky god? In the real world I do as I please.

wow rude (;¬_¬)

Well, using free software often doesn't give you any more freedom
This is an article on this topic written by some user: digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/freetardism.html

This, it's like claiming to be a vegan means you have more food selection than someone who eats anything they want.

>Well, using free software often doesn't give you any more freedom
Yes it does. The point of free software is to be free to do as you please with software. If you can't view and modify the source code, and redistribute it you aren't free. You're a slave.

>He respects user agreements
I redistribute and modify any software I want regardless of what the license says and if I can't modify a particular piece of software to do what I want, I just use something else that does.

Manjaro should be babbys first Linux. It comes with a lot of nice tools that you will grow into over time

I can tell you have never done that. Try reverse engineering every piece of non-free software you use.

Manjaro is buggy af tho
Everytime I tried it out I switched back to Debian or Ubuntu

you do know it takes 1 powershell command to remove all the preinstalled "apps" on 10, right?

>Try reverse engineering every piece of non-free software you use.
You don't need to reverse engineer software to modify it to your purposes. In 99% of cases modifications are done without writing code. And like I said, if I can't get the software to do what I want, I don't use it. And because I don't code, I have more software to choose from than you and am more likely to get software that does what I want.

>In 99% of cases modifications are done without writing code
For useless shit, maybe. Imagine if you could only modify your car without access to internal components. That's not freedom.

Attached: 1517144585905.png (1055x708, 1.06M)

Says a guy who's never written a single line of code in his life. You do know that most programs have config files that let you change pretty much anything you like, right?

You're comparing editing config files to modifying software? Please tell me you aren't serious.

Did you even read the article? Those "four freedoms" are actually ridiculous and obsolete nowadays

>Did you even read the article?
Yes, it's nonsense.
>Those "four freedoms" are actually ridiculous and obsolete nowadays
The lengths you will go to delude yourself into thinking you're free when you're enslaved.

This but unironically, Win 10 just werks after this

Jow Forums is so hipster now that we're shitting on GNU.

>You're comparing editing config files to modifying software?
There's no comparison, you can literally modify the program to do what you want in many cases. Have you never modded a game before? This shit's basic as fuck.

STOP RECOMMENDING ALPINE FOR BEGINNERS YOU FUCKING RETARDS
IT IS NOT A DESKTOP DISTRO
YOU CAN'T EVEN GET NON-ESR FIREFOX WITHOUT JUMPING THROUGH A MILLION FUCKING HOOPS

Freetards are worse than vegans.

>you can literally modify the program to do what you want in many cases
I'm just going to assume you're a retard, then.
>Have you never modded a game before?
I don't play games, since I'm not a manchild.

*updates*

Ah, I see you are a jewish nigger. Just kill yourself, or stop posting. Either one is fine.

Ok, Mr Gamer.

The non-Pro/LTSB version will still occasionally install minecraft though

You gotto go balls deep or you're going to be back. You better completely wipe your Windows partition and destroy your install discs.

I actually use almost exclusively foss software but that's just because I find it to be better quality.
>Yes, it's nonsense
Why though?

So? Install Pro then, now it just werks far better than any systemd/linux distor.

Well he wanted to get away from the bloat, if he wanted to install it for learning or anything else, I would say "good on ya".

Use kubuntu man, much more similar to win10 it is ez as hell to migrate to

As a webdev I don't use Linux as my main OS because I want to support Internet Explorer 11.

But then again, why the fuck are so many people still using Internet Explorer 11?