/wdg/ - web development general

Previous:

>Free beginner resources to get started
Get a good understanding of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good introduction (independent of your browser choice)
freecodecamp.com
codecademy.com
hackr.io

>Further resources
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - excellent documentation for HTML, CSS & JS
github.com/kamranahmedse/developer-roadmap - Frontend+Backend learner-path suggestions
youtube.com/watch?v=Zftx68K-1D4 - Web Development in 2018 - A Practical Guide

jsfiddle.net - Use this and post a link, if you need help with your HTML/CSS/JS

Attached: 1534121793864.png (822x552, 868K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@ktruong008/common-approaches-to-structuring-your-react-application-b95a2d744e50
amazon.co.uk/HTML-CSS-Design-Build-Websites/dp/1118008189/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534365606&sr=8-2&keywords=Html 5 and css3
codecademy.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is it true britbongs get £30K a year?

hopefully

my entry level job in london as a front end is 22k but that is shit for london most people get at least 24k

depends where u bloody live don't it m8

according to indeed the average is about 30k, if you add extras on eg "React full stack" it jumps up much higher to like 35k+

is nodejs really professional quality software? it's so shambolic since the leftpad fiasco, npm bullshit and now flatout breaking old installations rather than giving an option to upgrade because they can't into because they can't into ECMAScript legacy support. it's pathetic

>leftpad fiasco
what?

google it you fucking newfag

Can I get an entry level job as a front end dev before college?

no
no, more

>professional
You use that word like it means something

It's not ENTERPRISE GRADE super stable actually good but its more than good enough for anything you could possibly think of making on your own

>going to college

medium.com/@ktruong008/common-approaches-to-structuring-your-react-application-b95a2d744e50
which of the strategies listed in this do you fags tend to use?

>not using mvc
Nice cuck solutions

no legit places use Java JSP bullshit or C# and ASP.net

but majority of the web still uses PHP and node.js fuckery

>implying you will ever work in corporate biz

Majority of web runs on wordpress, to be more accurate. They would be using Vala if that's what Wordpress chose at the time, php is kind of irrelevant when you take that into consideration.
Node barely runs anything.

t. cuckold

literally ew

>taking over a Joomla! site
>mfw the cms

Attached: 23BE6445704141DFAB52E3F637043B49.gif (720x404, 1.12M)

Why the fuck is this not showing up on my page?

I remember having some problems in the past with YouTube videos.

what kind of cms is that? what does he sam hyde gif imply

joomla and drupal sound like the most commercial CMS's and the hardest ones to find resources and jobs

I'm retarded.

Code was fine, it had something to do with Firefox cookies.

how do I port my crafted HTML themes to a CMS?

I wish

Depends entirely on the CMS

60k a year for a junior dev position, america is based

Node itself is solid, the main problem is npm.

>HURR I DON'T KNOW WHAT PURCHASING POWER PARITY IS
can we stop with these dumb pay posts

no

8k a year for a junior dev position, argentina is based

>mfw spain is full of argentinians webdevs and designers

cancer

Attached: 1533480478971.gif (342x192, 1.98M)

Anyone want to take a look at my question here?

Attached: 1534119294344.png (868x751, 153K)

Would appreciate if you provided examples

If you're having to ask that then you should probably decide what CMS you want to use first.

>playing smart instead of delivering answers
nice

how can anyone deliver answers when you're being vague as fuck?
like hello??????? is there a brain inside that skull of yours or nah

Why would I learn anything else than master race Laravel framework and of course SQL and server managing?

It depends

yaeh it depends on wether im a faggot that likes to drink cum and works with javascript frameworks and is part of the problem in web programming world or not

>PHP

Attached: 1364149993556.gif (444x287, 2M)

>t. soiboi user

>Laravel
>Master Race

It is literally anything but. It's nothing an abstraction layer on top of Symfony components, and it encourages you to be lazy. If you learn Laravel, you effectively don't know anything else. I've had niggers interview for jobs with 3 years of Laravel experience, and they couldn't work out the simplest solutions in raw PHP. They would try to use the fucking collection construct to do a simple array filter or iteration.

Any good books to get started with HTML and CSS?

Just ordered this which I got second hand for £5
amazon.co.uk/HTML-CSS-Design-Build-Websites/dp/1118008189/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534365606&sr=8-2&keywords=Html 5 and css3

Not sure if it is any good or not but was wondering if anyone knew of other books worth getting?

the best way to learn html and css is experience imo since its mainly just memorising what does what and what the labels are. no critical thinking is ever usually involved.

codecademy.com/

jesus christ dude those guys where total hipster retards obviously
i dont even know how did they manage that since laravel is written in php and its all there to explore
its not Laravel's fault they never made anything more complex than a blog
I personally cant even imagine how to learn X language framework without knowing the pure X language first
fuck this world and hipsters shitting the webdev world, it could've been respected programming field instead of being called out by system and desktop programmers all the time

I find it better to read something and then practice what I have learned. I know there is tons of free stuff online which are in books, but I find it easier to sit down with a book rather than doing it online. It also makes it easier to reference as I go along.

See above

I have a good understanding of HTML/CSS and a basic understanding of JavaScript and I really like JS so far. I want to learn React, what’s the best way to learn a new language like this?

Attached: image.jpg (618x770, 294K)

I'm just starting college. How does a socially inept aspie like me get into networking?

Join anime club.

>"command: This event handler is called when an element is activated. [...] You should always use the command event instead of click because it will be called in all of the needed cases."
>"click: This event is sent when a mouse button is pressed and released. [...] You should not use this event in XUL to respond to user actions; the command event should be used instead."
>FF's own source code uses click far more than command

Attached: 1433094802857.png (444x287, 49K)

No thanks

I barely watch anime anymore. If they had a fighting game club that would be more my thing.

Well, whatever. Join any club you can, if your college has them. Otherwise you will be doomed.

Attached: 1530533404655.png (974x522, 31K)

React is not a language in it's self, but it's a JavaScript library.

You should just look at the docs and watch a crash course, or find a series of courses.

React is awkward to get in to if you don't already know Javascript/ES6. Learn those as best you can first.

Whoops idk why I said language. I guess because it looks totally different from JS, more like XML.

If only my tiny human brain could think of some stuff to make for practice. I just have a hard time coming up with random projects to attempt.

front end developer interview very soon

they are gonna give me an assessment on javascript what kind of things should I expect to make/solve?

don't pee yourself

React is awkward to get into even if you know es6 really well. It's really quite a pile of shite. It's the WordPress of front end dev.

Attached: 1534223518856m.jpg (849x1024, 122K)

im literally shitting myself

got self induced diarrohea from the stress and anxiety

fizz buzz, look it up. Also string and array manipulation.

i hate that feeling
why are we such faggots

is C# ASP.NET and JSPs the only legit enterprise grade web development?

Curious /wdg/ what do you use to dev on? MacOS, Linux, Windows? Front end here and want to move from Windows to Linux.

using GNU/Linux exclusively for 4 years now

How do I remove all the bloat that comes with cPanel like the default 404 pages and the fact that cpanel.domain.com goes to the cPanel and all the other things that I'm not yet aware of?

I have SSH access but not root access

Attached: nick mason.png (700x700, 321K)

on Linux.

I could not be happier with Geany :)

Attached: 1200px-Geany_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 251K)

maybe you're under prepared. There was a michael jordan quote where he said whenever he got into a game he feared nobody because every scenario he encountered in a game he already practiced a thousand times.

Rip Charles Manson

if you're actually front end
you'll suffer on linux
go mac if you're wanting to get away from windows for whatever reason

I'd go with rails for enterprise or some decent java alternative if I absolutely had to.

The only ones taken seriously, absolutely.
There are alternatives for some aspects that enterprises use or have dabbled with, but none of them have become as huge.

linux

Attached: 1525149286461.jpg (1024x1024, 94K)

Just don't write any JavaScript until you absolutely have to and then only write the bare minimum you need to do whatever stupid thing you think you need to do. If you're dealing with webpack, transpilers etc and aren't building a full on desktop gui app like Excel or Photoshop then you are a retard and should seriously stop and reassess yourself. The people that know JavaScript the best write it the least.

HR can smell your fear, user, and insecurity is contagious; if you doubt yourself that much, how do you expect that a stranger is going to trust you?
Just remember that at worst you may not get the job and that's all.

The whole .NET stack is quite nice, except for the fact that you pretty much have to use Windows.
But to be fair, the traditional alternative is Java and dealing with Oracle, XML for anything, and way too much boilerplate. Most likely on Windows too.
A saving grace in all of this, is that with .NET Core you could develop things that can run in Linux, and that in JVM world there's more than just Java (Kotlin, Scala, etc.) and overcomplicated do-it-all-this-way web frameworks, if you wanted to learn something for yourself that's not JS insanity or the fabulous world of Python's "use kwargs everywhere".

Anybody a pro with Jest? I'm having trouble with JavaScript unit testing, with Jest particularly, and was hoping somebody here could hold my hand a lil bit. It's to do with mock functions.

Linux. Install gentoo faggot.

cute girl
more?

F U N
with static sites~

I miss the old internet, the 4:3 msn messenger internet

that wasnt old you 12yo cunt

25 years actually, you in your 30s? Lol I remember GameFAQS and message boards hosted on ProBoards too, then there was NeoPets and Habbo Hotel as well. Which is all early 2000s. We got internet in 1998 but since it was through the phone line we couldn't use it before 6pm without it costing a billion £s per second

Can web dev cure depression?

If you keep motivated and continue to achieve the goals that you set for yourself then it does help a great deal with your sense of self-worth, maybe your depression too

>tfw struggle doing simple shit in CSS but I'm learning JS and PHP at the same time fine

Is it autism?

It'll click in time, user. CSS is more about habit and memorisation though, so you just have to keep using it and you'll remember the useful shit in no time

same age as you actually tbqh
those were all mid-late 2000s, at least when they started to really take off

>web 2.0
>currently web 3.0
??

GOD DAMM IT I HATE DEPLOYING SO MUCH. for some reason when I add an instance of my model via the django admin, I get a 500 error. This does not happen in production. Also It seems like I am running 2 instances of gunicorn when I run gunicorn myapp.wsgi -D, what gives

Shit man now I'm thinking of early internet memories again. I remember the first time I saw a titty was in a Flash game where Hulk Hogan and some buddies fight against the Bush administration. That was in 2004. I'm young compared to many here, surely. You guys must have some sweet memories of 90s, maybe even 80s internet.

javascript30.com

have fun. you have no excuse now

This dude isn't an Indian? I thought all JS was done by pajeets

Attached: 20180810_160858.jpg (1080x724, 335K)

typescript is the white man's choice.

How do you get started with freelance developing? I want cash, and I'm confident I know the stuff.

Also the place I'm making my user wants a resume or CV, but considering I just learned the tech, and I can't really write much experience, at most meager sample projects -- but I don't got any of those.

What do you pros recommend?

user we have F# aspnet core
come home white man

>it's an i'm superior to you in e points episode on wdg

Attached: not too late.gif (365x175, 10K)