He still uses a music player on his desktop rather than a dedicated server plugged into a DAC

>he still uses a music player on his desktop rather than a dedicated server plugged into a DAC
>he doesn't EVEN listen to bitperfect playback

What's your excuse user? Plug in an ethernet, set up nfs and you have access to your whole music libary. Plug in a USB and you can listen without your desktop even being turned on.
>inb4 usb on Pi is shit for audio
It is, which is why that right there is a board with an optical out that connects directly to the CPU without any USB conversion of the decoded audio required.

Attached: IMG_20180815_163514_373.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

24bit96.com/index.html
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/digital/pc-software/foobar-2000-for-dummies/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all that dust tho

>disgraceful

And you use this to listen to youtube rips, yes?

yep

Attached: headphone setup.jpg (3304x2195, 2.18M)

You'll fool most people by putting that sideways but I know that's a line6. Yeah man great quality...

My lossless files are stored locally on my c drive, I use jriver with bit perfect playback with wasapi plugin to yggy via USB to my preamp via balanced xlr. Trust me there's no difference in sound having a media server or not. I do all of my critical listening on my high end cd transport but I won't get into that since it's probably a bit above your head.

Attached: IMG_2541.jpg (4032x2182, 1.51M)

>audiophile comparisons in between different harddrives/ssds, sata cables, network cables, switches and even MTUs
>comparisons of nas hardware and software, people claiming to hear differences in between synology dsm versions
what kind of absolute madness have I found on the goddamn web, please kill me

>>inb4 usb on Pi is shit for audio
Do you even know how digital works compared to analog?

I later convert the mp3 to flac.

...are you retarded? The only thing plugged into that is an XLR mic, no headphone jacks.

If you're windows then having the Pi is somewhat overkill yes, but Linux requires a custom kernel compilation to use realtime capabilities whuich is required for bitperfect playback, or configuring the fuck fest that is JACK.

However, windows or not, this method /does/ have the benefit of having no external noise from any fans or disk spins (may sound trival, but it's important enough for foobar to put a specific setting in to play music out of RAM to reduce said noise). Plus this transport board has a lower jitter than what you'll find on a regular motherboard.

Pure cancer. They have no idea how transmitting data work.

I already have my music at my desktop. Useless data duplication.

>this method /does/ have the benefit of having no external noise from any fans or disk spins (may sound trival, but it's important enough for foobar to put a specific setting in to play music out of RAM to reduce said noise)
ok you are clearly trolling

Are those little girls on the desk singing into it?

>bitperfect playback
lol nice placebo

>He has animu figurines on his desk.

>he doesn't have animu figures on his desk
Are you telling me you /don't/ have crippling lonliness filled in by waifus?

a bit is a bit, how fucking retarded are you?
Except if the signal is HIGHLY damaged (highly as 1000x what would result from a "pi usb"), it will always be able to know if the bit is 0 or 1.
The only place where you should be careful is when it's after it's converted to analog.
There is no differences between a 1 or a 0 who got read from a readable degraded source or a perfect source. It's just a fucking 1 and 0. Just google how modulation works.
So your disk/fan/ram shit is basically pure and total ignorance.

When I had the DAC plugged in with the USB I got occasional crackling while listening to music. Now that I'm using optical it's gone. The USB ports on the Pi's are simply shit, that's all there is to it. I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid them on any other device. I'm aware of how bits work.

and in regards to the disk spins and fan noise, this site talks about it: 24bit96.com/index.html

and you can even see the foobar option for yourself here: diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/digital/pc-software/foobar-2000-for-dummies/

Increase buffer size retard.

first thing I tried. Besides I'm not making this up, there's plenty to read online too about the state of Pi USB ports in regards to audio.

Not data corruption issue.

Where's the hotglue?

Are YOU retarded? XLR is not just for microphones plus he could be using it for recording and have a monitor elsewhere. You've never recorded a day in your life it seems, fucking retard.
Also line 6 is garbage, get a scarlett 6i6 or something and go the spdif route if you can.

Why the hell would I want that? Better yet, why are you even wasting your time on shit like this? Manchild?

>his library fits on a usb stick
lmao get a load of this pleb

Can someone recommend me a server set up? Rn I have a pleb tier external drive for my lossless files.

>2018
>not paying the artist for a personal live performance
Look at this pleb

Well there's the Pi I've posted here running Volumio (distro preconfigured for bitperfect playback and has a wonderful UI you can connect to through your browser on LAN) with a hifiberry board to use the optical or coax instead of the USB (obviously you'd need a DAC that takes either of those as inputs) and then accessing my libary via nfa on my desktop, but you can also build your own headless server following the specifications on this site: 24bit96.com
I'd reccomend this if your DAC only takes USB, although it is more expensive.

What's it like not being able to read?

>t. brainlet who has no idea how DACs work

> Not kidnapping the musicians and locking them in your recording studio in the hidden basement.
I got Takashi69 locked up in my basement and I'm listening through a can on a string.
THIS is real audio

Attached: 1525224646249.jpg (250x250, 10K)

focusrite scarletts are also garbage user. other than that I agree op is a brainlet whether he's trolling or not

>schiit
>thinks himself superior

With an intermediate fdkaac --profile 29 stage to improve the quality.

I think user is implying that you should BJDs on your desk, not figurines.

Attached: yuzu.jpg (665x1000, 149K)

I've been using a presonus audio box 96 any recs for an upgrade? I just use it to run my guitars into an amp simulator

My excuse is that literally no one gives a shit. Everyone here listens to music through their phone speaker. I have $60 Logitech surround sound speakers and when people listen to it their like woah this is great quality. I can't imagine a sound better than it.

Attached: large.jpg (500x400, 45K)

I actually prefer the Komplete Audio 6 as it's effects program works well in wine. I just had a UX2 out as I had to use it for other reasons.

Attached: IMG_20180815_214058_942.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

presonus is like the trashy crack whore who lives in the alley down the street. If you're on a budget and want to upgrade, try to find something used by apogee, universal audio, focusrites nicer stuff, kompletes are solid,
and ive heard steinberg isnt bad
i got a komplete audio 6 off CL and I was impressed. i dont record enough to care about pres (idk if theyre any good) but the converters sound great (for 80 bux)

How dare you own a plastic doll of my wife.