So i noticed 600hz monitors exist

you can get a 27ms response time 600hz plazma TV is there any way to send a 600hz signal to it from PC or is that huge hz just for making motion blur/animation on TV and impossible to input 600hz.

if they had VGA input couldn't you possibly input 600hz?

Attached: 1532998892200.png (636x511, 327K)

Don't be fooled by this, those are 200hz Monitors at max with some cheap trick to internally reach 600hz. As far as I know this doesn't do you any good except for maybe with 3d shutter glasses, who nobody in their right mind uses ever. So just forget about it. 240hz gaming monitor is the fastest you can get atm. and it's extremely expensive and you need hardware that doesn't even exist to play a game stable at this rates.

>you need hardware that doesn't even exist to play a game stable at this rates.
You don't think I can reach 240 hz in Quake 3 from 1999?

Not if you install the new update called Quake Champions.

GNU/Linux does not have this update.

Actually 50/60hz monitors

really? This is so stupid, whatever happened to Vulkan?

>Actually 50/60hz monitors
what did he mean by this?

You could get 999 15 years ago.

It's just image enhancement. Actual panel is 50/100hz
600 hz max sub field drive: Lg 600hz sub-field driving works with a 50hz source (50 frames per second). The tv then splits each frame into 12 separate sub-fields and shows them individually on the screen. Therefore 12 sub-fields per frame in a 50 frames cycle creates 600 frames per second (50 x 12 = 600). The more sub-fields you have per frame, the more accurate the colour reproduction and less picture noise.

It's some sort of hybrid engine, it's id Tech but it uses DX11 (and it doesn't work very well with DXVK either)

lots of people get 500-600 fps in CSGO with a FPS config at low frame rate and a super clocked 7600k/8350k.

I know, I was just making an example. Every computer in the last 5 years should be able to reach 240 in Quake 3.

they might not actually get 600.. but I see 400/500 pretty regular but general consensus that any thing over 360fps is "optimal" but then back in Source or 1.6 people used to insist that you get 1000fps/1500fps or some thing retarded.

interesting john Carmack thinks VR needs 1000hz to be mainstream said hes going to achive it by making game run at 200fps and doing random maths and shit to work out the frames inbetween in some complex way that's like a super advanced motion blur that doesn't blur but simulates and distorts image to make it look like its moving/refreshing smoothly. some next level shit.

is DXVK retarded I tried WineDX9 back around fallout NV/CODMW2 time and its mouse input was retarded like it was playable for singleplayer but pretty bad for multiplayer hope they fixed that. felt all wackly and accelerated and random and the cursor would randomly show up near the crosshair. this was wine dx9 on OSX thou btw. don't just say its fine thou actually test it some noob might not notice it but it was unplayable for me.

Well i have a plasma tv that does 100hz but it is actually just 50hz but displays each frame twice to reduce flicker.

wined3d and gallium nine (both DX9) are pretty much perfect now, I regularly get more FPS in several DX9 games (such as Trackmania United) than I do on Windows.
I doubt the problem you had with wined3d was actually caused by that and not some other part of Wine (which has also improved SIGNIFICANTLY)
DXVK isn't perfect but it's rapidly improving, you can achieve the same FPS as on Windows in at least some games

I over 9000 fps on Diablo 2 in wine. Should I get that screen?

Definatley not 200hz. More like 60hz

Attached: 1534348051597s.jpg (125x93, 2K)

yer idknow I guess ill test it I have 2x HD6970s and one has purple smoke artifact only in BF4 smoke that im hoping wont show up in Linux doesn't show up in many other games hoping its just a rarely used SM4.0 thing.

I think im going to install Linux on my Simulation PC setup if I ever make one. for Xplane (native double fps on windows) and other stuff and like iracing/Microsoft flight(pilot wings3)thru DXVK