Ram slots

is 1x 16gb faster than 4x 4gb?

Attached: main-qimg-6cb5eb0ba61b7d4d27fa4f7b0a4e2c5b.png (602x400, 432K)

yes it drifts faster

no

No because 4x4 is either dual channel or quad channel depending on which CPU.

what does that mean

Lol you will NEVER use 16gb of ram. Unused ram is wasted ram.

>You'll NEVER have sixteen programs and 100+ internet tabs open at once

Wanna bet faggot

Go ahead then

Dual channel means your data is interleaved between DIMMs, so it can be accessed faster.

I'm sitting at 8 GB right now. I often bump into the 16 GB limit though.

zbrush mate

for 16gb its best to go with 2x 8gb which should be the fastest, 1x 16gb single channel would be probably as fast as 4x 4gb dual channel, 4x 4gb quad channel if your mb supports it would be faster than 1x 16gb in some workloads that work better with quad channel but in gaming it would be the same as single channel 16gb.

tl;dr from best to worst 2x8gb, 4x 4gb quad channel, 1x 16gb, 4x 4gb dual channel

Why don't you programming socks wearing fa/g/gots know basic shit when it comes to hardware, fucking pisses me off.

1 x 16gb is fastest because there is only one path for the bytes to take. 2 x 8gb each byte has to choose which bank to go to and that takes time (not much but a few cycles). 4 x 4gb means each byte has to choose the bank AND choose the slot within the bank so it takes even longer than 2 x 8gb.
You might have figured out already that 2 x 8gb and 4 x 4gb are only slower for memory writes. With memory reads they're actually a little faster because a byte can come from each card at once, but they still have to fit through the buss so it's not much faster than 1 x 16gb.

lmao have you even used electron?

Attached: bait.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Other way around

u ever played minecraftpl with mods? it uses beyond 8gb

>Lol you will NEVER use 16gb of ram.

Attached: sheeeeeeeit.png (506x446, 23K)

Nigga. I ran out of 32gb. On desktop.

Also
>what is hypervisor
>what is virtualization

Attached: Screenshot_20180816_045332.png (648x51, 6K)

if all you do is ricing that's sure, if you ever worked past using excel and word on the other hand...

>Windows XP 64 bit

Y tho

VMs, IDEs, simulations

>lmao have you even used embedded javashit cancer for lazy devs
Of all the points you could make to have 16GB of ram, you make the absolute worst one.

Attached: 1481464849793.gif (500x375, 143K)

It's 7, retard

4x4gb will provide significantly more bandwidth than 1x16gb. Dual channel provides (optimal) double the bandwidth as single channel since you cam access both channels at the same time. Additionally, the second dimm in each channel can be interleaved to provide a small bandwidth / latency gain. In all likelihood the 16gb dimm is dual ranked, which is effectively the same as two 8GB dimms in a single channel, that being it can be interleaved. But that still can't boost performance enough to make up for a missing channel.

>using the botnet OS
why are you on Jow Forums again? are you lost?

ew windogs

oh no! i booted into windows partition so i can use software other than VIM natively

if pretending that will make you feel better about your life, go ahead

Found your problem! Convert to emacs and you won't have to come back ever again.

Reminder that Current = AnVq where V is drift velocity of electron, so cranking up the current by using a spot welder power supply will help.

found the 12 year old

better to have and not need than to need and not have.

>if pretending windows emulators dont suck will make you feel better about your life, go ahead

>Convert to emacs and you won't have to come back ever again.
sure thing stallman. some people use their system for more than typing and ricing their UI all day

dont you guys feel stupid buying big amounts of ram with their current hyperinflated prices?

>dont you guys feel stupid buying big amounts of ram with their current hyperinflated prices?

>tfw built system with 32gb ages ago under 5$/gb

Nope, I just ordered 8 GB from Amazon, then once it arrived I told Amazon that I never got it, and they sent me 8 more GB for free! Fuck Bezos!

>if I don't need it then no one else does

Attached: 1525092935112.png (558x614, 32K)