This is a technology board right...

This is a technology board right? Lets talk razors and why every single razor today gives me fucking hives/rash when I shave?

>Yes I use shaving cream
>Yes I know how to shave

What is the reasoning behind razor companies creating such a shit product? Are straight razors any better?

Attached: HTB1MBkdeMDD8KJjy0Fdq6AjvXXah.jpg (1000x1000, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Straight-Razor-Dark-Blue-Acrylic-Handle-Classic-Safety-Straight-Razor-Fit-half-Piece-Double-Edge-Razor/32830366704.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.146.1a7b26ccb8cDiG&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10547_10342_10325_10546_10343_10340_10548_10341_10545_10696_10084_10083_10618_10307_10059_100031_10103_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620-10152,searchweb201603_13,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=dddaa8c8-6016-4aa1-a1f3-cb409b057cf3-20&algo_pvid=dddaa8c8-6016-4aa1-a1f3-cb409b057cf3&priceBeautifyAB=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop being underage, it goes away after you do it enough.

I'm 24.

A fucking knife is better than disposable razors. The downside to having a straightrazor is you need to maintain it. If you don't want to make a hobby out of it, just get a safery razor and call it a day.

don't use electric razors
don't use shaving, cream, just hot water, do it in the shower

shaving creams, like many other mainstream hygiene products, are full of all kind of petroleum derived carcinogenic and allergenic substances

Stop using disposable or cartridge razors.
Upgrade to double edged razors.

shave down, not against the grain
do it with water, if you have sensitive skin (sounds like you do)... use conditioner instead of shaving cream and leave it on for like 30 seconds before you shave.
use better razors. you can use a double sided if your poor / a hipster. otherwise avoid expensive brands... im a fan of the henerys razor i have now. before i was using tripple blade disposables and tossing them much faster (but they are also way cheap). use a glass of mineral oil or baby oil to store your razor head in. make sure the razor doesnt have a hydrating strip on it otherwise it gets gummy.

Excerpt as little pressure as possible, first go along the grain, then if you're feeling comfortable and like a better shave go against the grain. With this low pressure technique you'll need many passes and reapply foam to shaven spots after each pass, but it doesn't hurt the skin. Use a cartridge razor with as many blades as you can find for this.
Following any of these will make half of your face red, don't fall for the bait.

I've tried electric razors and I can agree, they are complete trash. Shaving cream or hot water still causes it even in the shower, water less so but its still pretty bad.

I'll try a double edged razor, never heard of them until just now.
Couldn't I just buy straight razors in bulk made from chineseium for a couple dollars and toss em once a week or so, or is that going to be similar to a disposable?

God doesn't want you to shave.

Tips menorah.

You can pick up double edged safety razors pretty cheaply, the razors themselves are cheap as anything too. I'd also recommend buying a quality shaving soap and brush while you're at it.

I currently don't, I have a good job in the CS field but I want to go for something that pays more and would like to look well-maintained for any interviews I get.

>your post
>not bait
I mean, if it works for you, but holy shit is it retarded
>use a cartridge razor with as many blades
lol

>chucking a straight razor after a week
>spending 20 buckaroos a week to shave

Also in terms of what brand to get, I'd recommend getting a Merkur 33c.

Don't shave to the skin. Use something like this so your hair is buzzed but not gone. I'm not irritated anymore

Attached: peanut.jpg (1500x1489, 358K)

Muhle R41 is my choice of memerazor. Gf got me it a few years ago, and I quite like it. But these days I shave with my grandfathers razor simply because I enjoy the process.

I mean they don't have to be expensive, like I said I'd using something made of chineseium like this: aliexpress.com/item/Straight-Razor-Dark-Blue-Acrylic-Handle-Classic-Safety-Straight-Razor-Fit-half-Piece-Double-Edge-Razor/32830366704.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.146.1a7b26ccb8cDiG&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10152_10151_10065_10344_10130_10068_10324_10547_10342_10325_10546_10343_10340_10548_10341_10545_10696_10084_10083_10618_10307_10059_100031_10103_10624_10623_10622_10621_10620-10152,searchweb201603_13,ppcSwitch_5&algo_expid=dddaa8c8-6016-4aa1-a1f3-cb409b057cf3-20&algo_pvid=dddaa8c8-6016-4aa1-a1f3-cb409b057cf3&priceBeautifyAB=0

Theres even cheaper ones I saw but I just grabbed a random link.

if you have curly hair you probably shave your hair too short

safety razor has been worse for me than multiblade disposables, and I've tried several high end blades

>I mean, if it works for you
Nothing else works for me. Shaving bare skin is a 100% bait. Double edged are unfit for sensitive skin no matter how you shave, even with feather blades. It's perfect for body hair though, I keep it solely for that reason.

I too enjoy not fucking up my skin daily, but that way you look like a mess forever
I'm curious about philips fancy oneblade thing, how much more finer is it than a regular trimmer without guard and if it's any good for body hair too

Literally the opposite for me. Disposables/cartridges give me rash, I can pretty much just dry shave if I go along the grain with a sharp straightrazor. Barring a case of Doingitwrong™, different solutions for different skin?

That uses disposable blades.

>I can pretty much just dry shave if I go along the grain
Anything is fine for shaving along the grain, but it's a really shitty shave. A good shave for me is when I don't feel the stumps even if I press and shift the skin upwards, and that's impossible to achieve with a double edged razor without irritating the skin.

What the fuck is that candy?
It just looks like Sugar crystal under a microscope.

>Sucre en Cristal
Yea ok. Never-mind.

Get into hot shower/put something hot (towel) to Your face so pores open up and etc.
1st shave goes along the lines of hair growth
2nd shave goes against

P.S.I use gilette razor and I dont buy any shaving products

Exactly this. Get an oldshool razo, in my case it helped a lot. Also use some good shaving soap.

this
I used the safety razor for years, was ok but I'd get ingrown hairs. I soaked, I used cream, I used the feather blades, I did the cold water, still got ingrown hairs. About a year ago I got the Oneblade thing and I haven't had an ingrown hair since. It doesn't cut quite as close but it looks like how I'd look a day after using the safety razor, so whatever

I have this problem, I even tried to go to a profesional barber. After 30 min and half of my face bleeding he told me "woaw, you have a sensitive skin and a very hard hair".

So trimming it is, luckily it looks good on me.

use an aftershave?

Lather the skin extensively with soap. You may want to use a cup and a brush. Shave with a safety razor or a simple two-blade disposable that you change very often. If it doesn't work for you, then who knows. Maybe talk to a dermatologist to see if your skin is too sensitive because of some kind of a nutrient deficiency or whatever.

Absolute disapointed from it, also it throws beardhairs in a half meter radius anywhere

>2nd shave goes against
Skip this step. Too short is bad.

>So trimming it is, luckily it looks good on me.

Was it always that bad for you, or how did it get to this? I've been "dry"shaving for over 10 years, never used cream or other stuff. As long as i change the blades when it's really worn down, i don't have any problem.

Use non-fragranced roll-on deodorant on the area after shaving, then lots of moisturiser. Always stops rash

You must have chad skin.
In my case even though Im italian my skin is very thin and white as fuck and burn easily.

Harry's razor and shaving cream. /Thread

>needing to shave
get on HRT you fucking loser

recomend me a hair and beard trimmer

>italian
>wh*te
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just use warm water, soap/shampoo/body gel and a disposable razor

>miniature size
>corded
lmao burgers

Are you using one of those 20-blade razors? You know how the mechanics of those work, right?
The first blade doesn't cut the hair, it catches it and pulls it up, and then the next blade either cuts it or pulls it up again. It's cutting too close, that's why you get ingrown hairs and rashes. You should use a single blade razor.
That means either the old fashion barber-style blade, which is fun if you're into to it, but it's an investment to learn. The regular safety blade razor should do fine. Use slow, well-angled passes with the grain at first. If you want a really close shave, then do a second cream/shave then going against the grain.
Buy high quality shit, too, if you can. L'Occitane smells nice, not 'chemically'. Regular shave cream will work fine though if you don't have the money. If your skin is really sensitive, use a pre-shave balm in addition to your shaving cream. If you're going against the grain, i'd recommend using the pre-shave balm/oil. Consider using an aftershave balm as well. I don't often, because I don't like wearing a lot of shit on my skin, but it's not that bad. I might put it on, and then wash it off lightly a little later.

Attached: 1525137114933.jpg (640x427, 88K)

Yep, this is the best method.

Shaving cream is worthless, I use a five bladed razor with dove body wash and do it in the shower in order to best rinse it off afterwards, if it's not well rinsed it'll dry out your skin.

Also quality varies, some of those five bladed ones will only last like 10 days, the one I'm currently using is over two months old and still fine

Woman (XY) here. Shave in the shower, using the steam to open the pores, always use a sharp blade, cool the skin down afterwards with cold water and use aloe vera gel to prevent razor burn.

Or fuck that shit, get laser, it lasts basically forever and having lasers fired at your face is infinitely more metal than razors.

the scraping sound of a safety blade is inexplicably satisfying and irreplaceable
plus stubble is often attractive
and it may not be a good idea for a man, who may want to grow his facial hair in the future, to scar his face with lasers.

Ive got a Merkur safety razor with Feather razors. The blades a super sharp so be careful

Any idea how well those $100 lasers on aliexpress work

These anons are totally right--safety razors are the way to go. You'll save money in the long haul, too.

I'd recommend a Merkur handle and Feather blades. The blades are sharp as fuck, so you use very little pressure and don't need many passes over any particular patch of skin. My understanding is that the 3-4-5 blade disposable monstrosities are bad for your skin because of how many blades are hitting your skin with each pass.

I'd also recommend you let yourself have a bad shave the first time you use a safety razor. Don't sperg out and try to get the best shave of your life...you're learning a new technique, so give it a few days before you expect to really reap the benefits.

Nah, removing hair with laser isn't forever, It's for a few months maybe.

femanon, I'd agree about the steam, but men have an issue because they need a mirror to shave their face. I've never yet found a shower mirror that works well.

I often shave at the sink *after* I take a shower, though. Works very well.

This user is right, although try different blades and find what is the best for you. I recommend derby premium, tiger from Chech Republic and timor solingen blades.

Tried cordless. Not enough juice. This thing has a hemi engine or some shit.

Nah, I don't need a mirror I just slide my fingers over an area and can feel if there is hair left to trim.

I mean, that works for me, too, but it results in needing "corrective" passes that you wouldn't need if you could see everything clearly.

It's more like you have sensitive gay skin.