Digital radio is fucking gay. I really hope governments never stop analog transmissions

Digital radio is fucking gay. I really hope governments never stop analog transmissions.

You can receive the analog signal of a radio station with some cables and a fucking razorblade. In order to listen to digital radio, you need an expensive and complicated digital chip.

Analog radios need almost no energy to function. I have a small radio that I use everyday and I have been using the same AAA batteries for literally almost two years. Digital radios eat energy like Americans eat burgers.

Analog is better. That's it.

Attached: 59823780-IMG-001.jpg (620x620, 57K)

Also analogue works better when you have poor reception.

I soldered a DIY $5 radio kit myself and it sounds way better than any and all razorblade and wire devices.

I think the problem is that you're still listening to something archaic like radio. Fucking boomers hate progress.

Radio? What is this, 1910?

the quality though and it's unencrypted and you're limited on bandwidth. No thanks

i guess there is no need for encryption on public broadcast radio

>the quality though
FM with strong signal is pretty close to CD quality, save for the highest frequencies
>it's unencrypted
what's the point of encrypting radio
>limited on bandwidth
irrelevant as long as it sounds good and transmits RDS

>In order to listen to digital radio, you need an expensive and complicated digital chip.
Cheap rfics can do both nowadays.

All you faggots will be sorry when SHTF and you don't have a good radio.

Yep. I have a Degen DE13 at home. Once shit hits the fan I will not even need batteries.

Attached: de13a.jpg (719x805, 86K)

Is that for degenerates?

No, it's for attractive gentlemen

analog radio is god tier. i wish analog aerial tv was still a thing. you could receive tv on a portable tv in the car that shit was the balls man. now you need converter boxes and wires

In Norway, they have cut support for analog. You only get static if you try to use an analog radio.

it's illegal to except for police transmissions. laws left over from the cold war.

Only on some frequencies. It's perfectly legal to transmit any data you want on the ISM band, as long as you stick to the rules regarding power and air time. Nowadays it would be stupid to transmit anything without encrypting the shit out of it.

What about AM radio? Do you hear distant stations now that the local ones have been shut down?

The government is all about fucking you over, so it's bound to happen sooner or later. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Radio doesn't use data and it is good for hearing random stuff.

Found the Brit bong.