THANK YOU BASED INTEL

videocardz.com/77356/intel-core-i9-9900k-confirmed-to-be-soldered

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: Intel-Core-9000-Main-Features.jpg (2000x1125, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dvhardware.net/article68234.html
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=windows-server-2990wx&num=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Integrated AC wireless.
Sounds awesome don't need a PCI card for decent fucking AC wireless anymore.

Has thunderbolt been an apple exclusive feature before? First time I see it listed as a feature.

No, but it's one of the few things from them that didn't go up in flames so they have to list it to appear successful.

I'm sure some XOC'ers are displeased with the soldering since they usually use LM and other exotic cooling solutions.

Finally.
I'm still on a 2500K, and with Sandy Bridge the last CPU to be soldered before they switched to TIM for Ivy Bridge, I'm going to be skipping all the paste CPUs.

>such a house fire they come crawling back to solder

Attached: 1517632250755.jpg (950x1000, 133K)

How is der8auer going to explain that? He's the jewniggerfaggot who tried to save Intel's face when they started putting mayonnaise under the IHS.

dvhardware.net/article68234.html

THOSE FUCKING JEWS AT AMD

>Switching back to solder after muh paste is enough
top kek

Attached: 1517827574633.gif (332x332, 2.65M)

It's not an all-in-one solution. You still need a RF module, but it's cheaper than buying a self-contained unit, since the controller is on-die.

Godavari was even cheaper and it's soldered. WTF AMD?

Did intlel run into trouble routing their backdoors through third party hardware?

Explain this for a retard plz, im on 2500k and want to upgrade but dont know what way to turn. Thinking of threadripper cos im a light gamer. Whats TIM?

Attached: 1526749192458.jpg (650x793, 37K)

>use thermal paste for sub 100$ parts
THOSE AMD JEWZ
>thermal paste 1800$ part
this is fine intel says just don't overclock it and it's good to go

God intel were playing the long con the whole time. They used shitty thermal jizz for 6 gens just so they could charge extra for it later.

And intlel shills will eat that shit up like good goyim paying $100 extra for solder.

If you're paranoid, you can always just use an external controller.
It's a cheaper option for people who want it.

TIM is thermal paste. Its capacity to transfer heat from the CPU is limited compared to solder.
From Ivy Bridge to Coffee Lake, all the CPUs used TIM. With the 9000 series parts, Intel looks to be switching back, which will do wonders for thermals.

Dude, Intel are passing the savings on to you, with extravagances such as solder those $1800 chips could be even more expensive.

Oshit thank you BASED INTEL!! i can't afford an 1800.25$ chip

I understand everything you said but im confused. I use my own thermal paste, arctic silver, with the hyper 212. But your saying my chip is soldered and all chips after are thermal paste. I spose i should google the difference. By the time ive figured this out, it will have changed again.

Attached: 1522776223137.png (1055x790, 1.37M)

The metalllc thing you see is called a heatspreader. It sits above the actual chip and has two functions: protect the CPU from damage and spread the heat it generates. There must be a thermal interface material (TIM) between the die and the heatspreader. To cut costs, manufacturers employ regular thermal paste instead of solder. Paste degrades faster and obviously conducts heat less efficiently than solder, which is important even if you don't overclock (a hotter CPU has a shorter lifespan).

Attached: AMD_Athlon_64_X2_6000+_(ADA6000IAA6CZ),_heat_spreader_removed.jpg (250x143, 7K)

Ah, i get it. I also get the "delid" meme now. Cheers mate.

>NEW number
>NEW chipset
this is hilarious
I won't even mention other features that are not new at all.

I hope they use paper instead of textolite this time

>up to 8 cores
omg, no way, 8 cores in 2018!

Attached: there it goes again.png (621x517, 24K)

>i9
>starting new gen with overpriced stuff again
>making customers regret buying recent gen by adding trinkets and features that should be standard few gens ago AGAIN
I might jump AMD, but I'm worried about compatibility and power usage being high. Also I'm tired of the waiting game of Intel.

Is the LN2 cooler included?

>NEW SOLDER THERMAL INTERFACE

So we go from solder > TIM (also touted as being better by Intel when it's actually just cheaper) > back to solder and tout it as something new?

Attached: 1527874544701.jpg (600x512, 26K)

>I'm worried about compatibility
Unless you're running Windows on a 2990WX, you're fine.
>and power usage
The Dildozer days are gone. Ryzen is a power efficiency king, and it undervolts very well if you want to lower power usage even more.

Quality poster, worthy of a trip.

Are AMDs good for small form factor builds?

well you don't need tower cooler for amd unlike intel so yes

Certainly not the 8-core ones

>8 cores
>laughs in threadripper

Gayming is for faggots.

what does this soldered shit mean?

Nice! I'll certainly switch out my 8700 for a 9900k. They support that on the Z370 right?

>up to 8 cores
THANK YOU BASED INTLEL

IT'S OVER, INTLEL IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

It will run at 80C instead of 94C

>40 PCIE-Lanes
OOOF, based and more than AMD lol.

with a 100$+ price hike, they were playing the long game this whole time

He said soldering can crack the die which isn't wrong you nigger.

>solder

This is bad. Now you can no longer delid and fix their mistakes. Instead your CPU is just going to have a shorter life and can't be fixed. Intel has once again taken 5 steps backwards.

Attached: 1530991338510.png (680x521, 94K)

NEW UP TO 8 CORE TECHNOLOGY

BUY OUR $500 CPU FAGS

Gif related is (You)

Attached: 4c3bb2ba95227264599e9a6727f01c115c68f5eeaea261a63fc7de865aab024f.gif (478x472, 155K)

>OOOF, based and more than AMD lol.
lol Threadripper has 64

Huh? I thought PCI-e lanes didn't matter do Intards?

>1GHZ advantage
>IPC advantage
>latency advantage
>PCIE lane advantage
>memory compatibility advantage
>iGPU advantage

This pretty much settles the debate. AMD can't respond to this until 7nm gets cheap enough for them to order their hotglue chips.

>platform PCIe lanes
That includes chipset lanes, might as well be PCIe 2.0 lanes.

>LMAO A $1800 CPU HAS MORE THAN A $450 CPU INTEL SURE IS FINISHED DELID THIS

> Integrated wireless.
Does the die also glow in the dark? I bet that's why they've soldered it.

>Wireless speculative execution

You can get the 8 core ones to run at 35W TDP, which is absolutely fine for SFF builds and even laptops

the Threadripper 1900x has 60 lanes idiot and cost about $ 250. Any more stupid arguments?

Attached: man boots up his i9.gif (300x169, 41K)

Yeah the I9-9900K will be soldered.
But what about the I7-9700K and I5-9600K?

Attached: 1406883057962.png (789x765, 482K)

I have an 8-core Ryzen 1700 overclocked on the stock cooler.

Half of those are going to be PCI-E 2.0 and four 3.0 lanes will be used for connection to the chipset, which still leaves you with 16 PCI-E 3.0 lanes for expansion cards.

9700K is also soldered. I am not sure about the 9600k but it probably is.

>can't even afforda pwr powerplant
AYYYMD users really are poorfags. What else is new?

14nm+++++++++++++++++++++
Kek

>They support that on the Z370 right?
Nope.

>phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=windows-server-2990wx&num=2

As they did the Windows 10 Pro v GNU/Linux yesterday, people wondered whether the Windows Servers would handle 32 core better. Well here's the result.

TL;DR Its worse. GNU/Linux consistently uses all 32 cores properly and the performance metric shows the gains by nearly 100% difference in some cases or more.

Attached: 2990WX.png (600x460, 18K)

Yes, although I hope you have one of the higher end Z370 boards if you intend to overclock.

>Not all features available in all SKUs
Lel

That's only regarding Optane caching.

Watch only the 9900k and it's ht version be solder.

>New Intel Z390 chipset compatible
>Compatible with all Intel 300 series chipsets

So is this like Ryzen where they shill a new motherboard even though the old Z370 ones still work?

Intel was never really big on reusing old mobos for new CPUs so what's the catch?

based gif

No wonder AMD shills here are on a very aggressive shill campaign these past few weeks.

Their 2700 is about to be destroyed.

Right now they're trying to shill against Nvidia's RTX 2080.

Well full emergency mode.

>Integrated wifi
Well this will end well

C O P E

Attached: delid.jpg (377x390, 24K)

>intlel
>ever