Which Custom ROM/ROMS are you running Jow Forums and why is still a Lineage 14/14.1 Nougat ROM?

Which Custom ROM/ROMS are you running Jow Forums and why is still a Lineage 14/14.1 Nougat ROM?

Pajeet finally shut down and closed the curtains on the 14.1 Nougat ROM for my tablet but with that also came that Pajeet FINALLY ported Lineage and 15.1 as well as the 15.1 GO Edition ROM for my tablet.

So how's your luck for Lineage 15/15.1 for your device/devices Jow Forums? Or has Pajeet still not ported it for your device/devices yet?

Attached: Lineage.png (728x485, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/development/rom-android-source-project-t3827122
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AICP 13, it just works.

Reconstruction Remix on my Moto G5 Plus.

Pajeet is a maintainer. Maintained a couple of devices for 14.1. One of them was Nexus 5. Oreo AOSP drops. He did some work and then did a bringup for pretty much all the devices he maintained then he completely ignored Nexus 5. Pie AOSP dropped, they started working on 16.0 and there's sitll no official LineageOS 15.1 for the Nexus 5.

An iconic device, and pajeets cannot even do shit. Even the Nexus 4 got official LineageOS 15.1. That tells something. Bunch of incompetent fucks.

Is Oreo such a clusterfuck? Can't remember any other Android version that took so long to be ported or even officially updated probably since 5.0 (which was shit)

RR is the only decent ROM for most current Moto devices, too bad some of us got stuck with mediatek and cant even root without risking to brick the device.
Last time I tried had to spend 5hrs getting my IMEI back

Z5 still has no Oreo ROMs at all

Attached: 1515034396791.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>Which Custom ROM/ROMS are you running Jow Forums and why is still a Lineage 14/14.1 Nougat ROM?
Because I don't care to upgrade. 14.1 is still getting updates and I don't need any of the "features" in the newer version, so I'd rather not risk any antifeatures.

I'll upgrade when 14.1 stops being supported

Which ROM should I use on my OnePlus 6 if it finally arrives from the customs?

No. But personally I prefer 7.1. It feels a lot more polished.

15.1 runs fine on my Nexue 4. Surprisingly well actually. That phone is still much faster than most shamesung devices, save for the last few flagships they released.

Galaxy S5
LOS 15 is shit on it. It's usable, but it's much worse than 14.1
WiFiKeyShare can't automatically read WiFi passwords. You have to re-enter it into the app to fucking "reveal" it. I hate this shit, at least give me a built-in android option to reveal a password like MIUI does.
Power saving is completely retarded. It dozes applications like email, even though I specifically set it to ignore power saving and turned on sync.
I have absolutely no idea if burn-in protection exists here. It was in screen settings on LOS 14.
Speaking of settings, the settings layout is terrible. And search suddenly stopped working and only finds apps and less than 10% settings.
Opening the camera from the lock screen is insanely slow sometimes.
Changing icons changes system colours to default (white).
Changing system colours crashes the settings app.
Also the torch still turns on slowly, at a 0.5-1s delay.

I'll probably switch back to 14.1 and wait 9 months before trying 15.1 again.

Make sure to provide a logcat so the dev can fix the issues.

If they're incompetent, what does that say about you, user? Why don't you just build it yourself?

>why is still a Lineage 14/14.1 Nougat ROM?
Because the Robin doesn't have LOS 15 builds yet. Are there any good ROMs on android O yet and if so is it worth the hassle of switching?

Building is not the issue here. Plenty of unofficial builds and I can build one. That still won't help because now they got some shitty charter and they require you everything working. And this time bluetooth calls are not working properly. Oneplus 2 has that fixed and LG G4 guys also suffer the same issue and nobody knows how to fix.

So just because I got tired I sold my pristine condition Nexus 5 and got myself a Mi A2. Got tired of waiting.

>logcat
How do I do that? Do I just "take a bug report" and wait for a crash or?

HTC One M8. Works like a charm

Attached: Screenshot_Updater_20180817-055304.png (1080x1920, 90K)

I'm currently running LineageOS 14.1 on my m8, MicroG build.

Dirty Unicorns v12.5 (8.1 with August 2018 security patches) on my Moto G5 Plus.

MicroG worth it, if i only use gmaps to see trafic?

I mean if you're doing fine with play services just plain blocked except when you need to open maps, then I guess not. It would save you the hassle of having to unblock them every time you want to use maps, though.

My mi5 has 15.1 and will get 16.
It's way better than MIUI, and I can run Google Camera instead of Lineage's shitty camera.

Which rom should I run on my new note 5? Is it just personal preference?

How long will it take for LineageOS 16 to be released since Pie's source code has been released?

Gmaps doesn't even need play services

If you're expecting the "AI" meme then it will take over a year.

I'm confused, why would it take over a year when some developers from XDA have made almost everything working on a AOSP-based ROM for the Nexus 5X (my phone)?
forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-5x/development/rom-android-source-project-t3827122

I quit updating when those fucks broke shit with a retarded april fool's joke. maybe sometime next year if it turns out to be good I'll replace it with that thing Purism is building.

Because it just works, I'm gonna update when nothing is broken, update mess up something at least 80% of the time. Also Jow Forums told me Oreo was bad

Can any user help me out, tried installing custom rom on my Honor 9 lite.
It's unlocked and rooted just fine, but no matter what rom I use it always ends in a bootloop and have to restore my backup.
Never had this problem on any other phone I've modded, really doing my head in.
XDA forums haven't been much help

Attached: huawei-honor-9-lite.jpg (160x212, 10K)

I know I couldn't use Uber when I had blocked play services but not installed microG, so I'm not sure you're right