Brain Computer Interface

Is a brain computer interface possible with current processor architecture or does a new one more similar to a GPU and massive parallel processing need to be built from the ground up? A "biocomputer"? Is such a thing even possible?

Attached: 1_WJQRHaUPK0Od5Porv0-zqA.png (1200x595, 413K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/an-eye-tracking-interface-helps-als-patients-use-computers-2015-9/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Wanting to link the botnet directly to your brain

yes, you use your brain to control the computer with your fucking hands via keyboard and mouse

spbp

No, we have plenty of processing speed, both in CPUs and GPUs.
The issue is connecting to nerves. The current and voltage tolerances are so tight, plus the electrical connections are so small, that we can't do it reliably. Not yet anyway.

Yes and it's neat. However, non invasive interfaces can't operate on high frequency waves (the skull attenuates them) and lack spatial precision to have many places to separately pick up brain waves from, and it's a one-way interface. The invasive ones work at maximum frequencies and have much better spatial precision, and are two way interfaces, but scar tissue buildup is an unsolved problem and it greatly reduces signal power over time. Naturally it's impossible to remove, too - that will rip out part of your brain. Optical brain modem could bypass the scar tissue problem but you need a genetically modified brain for this to work.

In short, it's nothing like in sci-fi. But when that shit actually works, it's great, it's like natural extension of your body.

Look up Elon musks company Neuralink.

Thank me later.

>gets stolen money from the government whilst making his company completely unprofitable
Nothing personnel kid

Lol nice burn kid,

Anyway, neuralink is an awesome idea

shmeks

At the moment we simply have no good models for this and we have still mostly no clue how the brain really works. The beginning would be to hook up the nerve endings, that give commands to your muscles. But it's quite stupid if you have to think to move your arm or similar to make something in the computer, like write a letter. Also you would have to train such an interface for any person, there is no generic way that everybody could just move.
Those brain wave headsets are an absolute joke, I have tried them over the years and they never improved even a tiny bit.

this is such a fucking horrible idea and i hope it never becomes reality
>unironically connecting some chinese made shit to your BRAIN

we are heading towards a literal hell world

i want to control my computer with my eyes though

The tech is over 10 years old but here's a more recent article:
businessinsider.com/an-eye-tracking-interface-helps-als-patients-use-computers-2015-9/

If the physics for probability manipulation are discovered, we could have something that does virtually the same thing without being invasive. You have one button that selects a random input, and a black box that decreases the likelihood of a "wrong" input being randomly selected. As for how the black box "knows" what "wrong" inputs are, that's a bit complicated to explain.

>At the moment we simply have no good models for this and we have still mostly no clue how the brain really works
True, but we don't really need to understand how brain works to do useful stuff. And i would even argue that it would be better if we never would. You don't want government retards to reprogram your brain, because they sure will try.

The obvious most useful stuff we can do without full understanding is Full-Dive VR.
All we have to do is hack the brain "interfaces" and basically do the input emulation.
But even if we hack the brain "standard", the problem is how to do in non-invasive way. But that problem should be solved when we develop nano-bots, so it's just a matter of time.

>Those brain wave headsets are an absolute joke
EEG is obviously useless gimmick.

Just induce lucid dreaming in people and find a way to network their brain.

Are there any attempts to develop something that comes close to a "nano bot"? It sounds like a very inreresting idea.

>not wanting to install gentoo directly on your brain

Yeah, problem actually looks solvable.
We don't even need full understand of all underlining mechanisms.

Some research has been done.
I don't follow the field that close, but i know that they managed to deliver drugs with nano-bots in mice and attack cancer tumors (also in mice).
So we are already moving in the right direction.

it is totally possible but what i wonder is would it kill off free thought?

Basically it's fucking retarded, it will never be as quick and exact as typing and mousing. The closest we will ever get to a newer improved input methodology is something that involves the eyes and so far the technology for eye tracking is actual balls.