Wireless charging

>wireless charging
>cant fucking move the phone
what the shit??? who buys this shit lmao

Attached: 58799_Aircharge_Qi_WirelessChargePad_05.jpg (725x356, 59K)

Yeah I think the biggest issue with it is that you can't use it while you load. Which I could overlook if a wireless charger was really much handier than regular cable, but it isn't. So what's the point? Until we commonly have surfaces that charge your phone (living room table, nightstand, surfaces in car, in public transport etc) instead of dedicated wireless chargers, I'm not interested at all.

>who sleeps
>who plays video games
>who watches movies
>who isn't a bitchy 16 year old girl that can't put their phone down for 1 hour
>who needs to hands to jerk off

Most people who buy wireless chargers stop using them in less than a month. They are simply too inconvenient and inefficient.

>being such a lazy fat piece of shit that you can't even be bothered to plug a phone cable in 0.5 seconds but then you discover it doesn't actually work better at all

the first world was a mistake

How does any of this prevent you from using s regular charger? The whole issue with them is that I guess it's convenient if you don't have to plug anything in, but it's a small convenience at the price of not being able to use it properly while charging. And how many times do you charge per day? I only put it in the charger once a day (twice on some days but rarer), so the effort saved here is pretty minimal.

They're not bad while you're sleeping. I've had several phone chargers and charging ports eventually wear down and break in the past from the weight of the cable constantly putting pressure on it. Sure it wont happen overnight, but after months/years it definitely will. As said before you dont have to exclusively use them.

>duct tape phone to charger
>can now move it around and use it

Attached: 1503443591860.jpg (247x204, 5K)

This is why I miss 3.5mm chargers

use it when i sleep, just toss the phone there and done.

I agree the problem lies more in poor charger engineering than anything. Magnetic chargers were actually a good idea for this reason, its a shame apple abandoned them otherwise it could have ended up being a pretty great industry standard (although on a phone the magnet may damage your screen over time, Im not sure). Its obviously a planned obsolescence thing, but its still irritating that phone manufacturers just refuse to come up with better charging ideas.

I think a combination of the few in a lock and key-style system would be perfect, as shown crudely in pic related. The phone would have a recessed female end in the phone that would normally be covered by some sort of cover, and it would have a slight magnetic attachment and charge via induction. The only issue is water proofing would be tricky, but if there's no exposed leads I dont see why it wouldn't be possible, and it may not be as quick or convenient as a regular cable, but I think the cable and phone would last a lot longer because you wouldn't have all the force of the cable being pushed on one tiny little 2mm thick piece of metal

Attached: charger idea.png (598x748, 8K)

tables/desks/etc should just come with it as part of the upper layer
that way set your stuff down and it charges

as it stands now, buying a small little pad for wireless charging is quite literally idiotic

The point is more that you can put it down and charge, and pick it up and go without plugging anything.
For people who are moving around a lot it is a simple convenience. If I spend 30 minutes to an hour at my desk at a time I can just drop my phone down and have it topped up without adding more cycles to the jack.

That doesn't seem very necessary though, to be constantly charging it. But if it works for you then it works for you. I don't see the appeal and it wouldn't really fit my usage though.

>>wireless charging

A FUCKING MEME

>Wireless charging
>It has a wire
Wow. I'm pretty sure you're just supposed to buy a battery-pack or two and charge them in public places instead of using your own electricity anyway, right? Like keeping 50-gallon drums of water from drinking fountains in your basement.

I used to think it was a meme as well until I got a free charger with my Xperia XZ2.

Placed it on my desk and started placing my phone on it, rather than just putting it down on my desk. Always fully charged when I head off, no worries about having to charge it. On top of that, less wear-and-tear on the charging port, which is a bitch to deal with. Overall, I only see upsides with it, beyond having to spend more money on a separate charger, of course.

I've been using mine since release in April. Do you even know anyone with a wireless charger?

Then don't worry about it.

The only advantage they could have, together with getting rid of ports and pyshical buttons, is to make the phone water and dust proof as fuck (e.g. military).

If the dont take that route there is no reason to use it instead of using a usb

I just plug my phone before I go to sleep. Got a background task that turns off a WiFi power socket when it's like 95%. The task starts around the time I usually go to bed.

>wireless
>needs physical contact with the source
>slow as fuck

Who the fuck fall for this meme.

>blacktooth

Attached: Ghetto_336386_199385.jpg (387x377, 18K)

Theyre good for ensuring the longevity of your charging port on your phone since occasionally the usb-c male can break, so its good to have either: to prevent that or to ensure that you can still use your phone if it does happen

Wireless charging is obviously a meme and is meant for girls.

Have you ever looked into a girls purse? Its a fucking mess no wonder why their cables dont last very long.

>cant fucking move the phone

what kind of fucking autist can't put their phone down every once in a while? using your phone while it's tethered is the absolute dumbest thing. is the battery life on your phone so shit that it's become a habit to do that and you've become desensitized to how literally retarded it is (i.e. using a mobile device with a fucking cord dangling from it). pad chargers are super convenient. you don't have to fucking plug and unplug dumb cords into your device to charge them. if you get a nonshit pad (multicoil) then moving it around or off center isn't a big deal. plus you can get qi chargers in the form of a cradle dock (or pad charger that converts to a dock) - this lets you interact with your phone more easily. i have multiple pad chargers around my house and one in my car and the convenience of just plopping your phone down for some juice is great.

>I've had several phone chargers and charging ports eventually wear down and break in the past from the weight of the cable constantly putting pressure on it.

typical android build quality

MS still uses them. The problem is it's patented so no one else can

>what kind of fucking autist can't put their phone down every once in a while?

People who do a lot of work on their phones or use it as their primary means of communication.

>using your phone while it's tethered is the absolute dumbest thing. is the battery life on your phone so shit that it's become a habit to do that and you've become desensitized to how literally retarded it is (i.e. using a mobile device with a fucking cord dangling from it).

Maybe I don't want to put additional wear cycles on my battery if a charger and outlet are available.

>pad chargers are super convenient. you don't have to fucking plug and unplug dumb cords into your device to charge them. if you get a nonshit pad (multicoil) then moving it around or off center isn't a big deal. plus you can get qi chargers in the form of a cradle dock (or pad charger that converts to a dock) - this lets you interact with your phone more easily. i have multiple pad chargers around my house and one in my car and the convenience of just plopping your phone down for some juice is great.

Great way to get gorilla arm syndrome.

>People who do a lot of work on their phones or use it as their primary means of communication.

use a fucking computer then dipshit or buy a phone which doesn't have shit battery life. holy shit

>Maybe I don't want to put additional wear cycles on my battery if a charger and outlet are available.

stop buying phones with shit batteries and shit build quality

>Great way to get gorilla arm syndrome.

you mean like how you get it by moving around a phone that's constantly being weighed down by a cord? moron

>People who do a lot of work on their phones
retards

I got a pad by my computer so I can charge it, get a text, respond, go back to charging. I don't have to keep plugging it back in but it doesnt really save much time. I got tired of going across my fucking room 100 times.

I needed another charger so I got one.

>go to desk, put phone on charger
>go to bed, put phone on charger
>go to car, put phone on charger
>never have a phone with dead battery when at bar picking up cuties

wireless charging is a chad feature you soibois

Seems like a docking station to me. You leave it always plugged in, and have the benefit of more easily plopping down your portable device to juice up.

>puts beer can down on table
>table shorts out and boils my beer

source, used a chinkcharger as a coaster once

I think some ikea furniture includes it. The tech is still maturing, though, so it feels risky to get furniture with it in there when it's still getting a lot better. There are also competing standards last I checked.

>he doesn't have a phone with a battery so big that you only need to charge it every 5 days

In the world that proponents are trying to build, everything would be a wireless charger. My s8+ takes, I think, 2.5 hours or so to reach 100% and with my uses usually has 7.5 hours or so of battery life.

I'm usually not using my phone nonstop for 7.5 hours, meaning that I could keep my phone at full battery easily with wireless charging.

That's personally what I see in it. Cabled charging still needs to exist though

I agree because I think wireless charging is invested in the wrong area

It would work perfectly for a laptop since you just place it on a table

And it would work great for an electric car

Untill apple makes it. Then suddenly everyone start jerking off over it despite it being inferior tech.

This is just a way to usher in the removal of USB from phones.
>Who cares about USB? We can just wireless charge?
>Who needs USB connectivity when we have bluetooth/cloud?

You're gonna see it happen, I promise.

i'd rather have that than the dongle madness

Wireless charging is really the way to go for me. As soon as I get home it just sits next to me since I can text and answer email from my desktop, and if a call comes in I can use bluetooth headphones to answer it. Maybe I might want to use Snap or play a game, but I can plug in the phone for that.

I actually quite like wireless charging, it keeps me from wearing out my ports constantly, which killed my last (admittedly shitty) phone. I do fear that it is in fact a bid to remove cords entirely, which I think is foolish until a very user-friendly wireless standard that's at least 1gbps is developed.

Because now instead of not wanting to fiddle with plugging and unplugging my phone all the time and forgetting to charge my phone it's now always charging when I'm at my desk or in bed. Also I don't use my phone when charging because I'm not glued to social media like a retard.

Best purchase in the last year honestly.

>until a very user-friendly wireless standard that's at least 1gbps is developed
WLAN exists, and you're not transferring data at 1gbps to your phone over USB anyway.

Here's why, it's because phone companies need to keep making profits as part of the economic system demanding perpetual growth (an impossibility in a finite world but I'm sure it won't eventually collapse or anything haha), so therefore they spend millions on creating "innovations" that in no way justify the continual upgrade cycle but through the power of marketing can create demand from thots, chads, normies, housewives and self-confessed "gadget freaks". Wireless charging, screens that curve round the side of the bezel, notches (haha), face ID, whatever latest camera gimmicks...this is all part of meeting quarterly profit projections because some people in suits need to please their boss on a Monday morning and maybe get a promotion.

>>who isn't a bitchy 16 year old girl that can't put their phone down for 1 hour
How I wish my sister wasn't exactly like this.

Is she hot?

No. Fat and spends every moment on her phone or in front of her PC playing League and eating crisps/chocolate.

Oh. Can I orbit her through the internet then?
I want to get abused by retarded, spoiled, internet addicted girls

I would appreciate inputs on how to turn her into an actual human being instead more desu.

Attached: see it for yourself.jpg (318x159, 5K)

Make her lose some weight at most.
I just want an e-girl who types in typical retarded e-girl ways (heavy 'lmao' usage is a must) and who calls me a bitch.

It's a very natural and sincere wish shared by many people. She could make someone very happy user.
Let her play her shitty videogames and get into stupid online communities to be a cunt on.

Attached: b1.jpg (591x506, 63K)

Cut off her source of income and force her to work full time. Her lack of skills will make her aware just how shitty her work life will be for the rest of her life unless she gets her shit together.

She's basically out of money all the time, but somehow manages to get money when it counts. There's nothing that can be done about it as I suspect our mother to give her money whenever she cries - that's assuming she doesn't steal/do whatever else. And since our mother is no better playing facebook solitaire all day long there's nothing to be done. (Father is working abroad)

Typical that a lack of a father figure made a shitty daughter. At that point she just needs to piss off the mother then which will come sooner since shes stealing. I dealt with the same thing with my sister.

The problem is that our mother is constantly pissed off or complaining about her being this way, but whenever it comes to enforcing rules or dealing out punishments she just says there's no point as nothing would change and doesn't even attempt anything.

Yeah that word for word happened to me. She will hit a real breaking point sometime.

I hope. How did it turn out in your case?

Shes got a job and a career and a long time relationship. She still cant clean her room for shit but hey least shes not a complete failure.

Can't limit battery% without rooting, so it's nice being able to minimize degradation without breaking the connector.

2.5??? Whit the original charger and cable? My S8 takes like 1 hour.

Isn't wireless charging just a worse version of a phone dock like my grandmother has?

Attached: docked.jpg (800x800, 56K)