>platform independent
>lots of documentation
>garbage collection built in
>has POINTERS
>lots of useful functions included in the standard library
>very useful for web development
>can also be used to make games

Is this the Java killer?

Attached: c sharp3423.jpg (800x450, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anthonylloyd.github.io/blog/2017/08/15/dotnetcore-performance
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>garbage collection built in
That is a flaw but overall, it is a really great programming language.

>Java killer
Microsoft failed to make it an MFC killer.

Attached: 1402035780668.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

You can do manual memory allocation in C# when you need it.

Yes it is

/thread

it's okay but JVM is faster and has more garbage collector options

i too make walking simulators in unity3d

its the comfiest language out there

That is true for long running programs but I wonder how long it will hold with tiered compilation, full sse/avx and local gc support coming in coreclr vnext.

I searched for C# jobs, and pretty much all of it is for junior fresh grads with an """"IT"""" degree or senior level executives with 40 decades of experience

Great language. Java killer for anyone sane, but companies will keep building on their pajeet shitcode because rebuilding anything is expensive.

>platform independent
Please run paint.NET on Linux. I'll wait.

>.net
>Paint.net
>C#
First day learning hello world in Python?

>>mono paint.net

What server you using independently there killer

managed c++ was surprisingly easy, would never use .net willingly though

>microsoft shit
hmmmm no thanks

You haven’t keep up mate, it’s not 2009 anymore you can run C# apps on Windows or Linux

Those language logos are pure pajeet-core. Same with this dumb penguin.

Attached: computer_penguin.jpg (222x227, 7K)

>stackalloc requires unsafe blocks
>pointers are required to be inside a fixed(){} block because if stupid garbage collector
>garbage collector
>having to install .net core and not just the compuler just to be able to write in it
>.Length or .Count properties of collections return a fucking signed 32 bit integer because muh CLI
>Slow as fuck
>utf-16 strings as default because Microsoft is too stupid implement backwards compatible utf-8 strings
>Until recently, const references of objects or variables to functions or methods were non-existent
>foreach requires you to implement three or four methods in your custom collection instead of two pointers (one to the beginning and one past the end like in C++)
>Garbage collected
The debugger is god tier, on wangblows at least, other than that it's shit

>having to install .net core and not just the compuler just to be able to write in it
>compuler
I meant compiler, but whatever
>ibn4 phoneposter
I was writing fast while mad, I made a mistake so what? fite me

Of course it's inferior to C++. That's not the point here.

It's inferior to C++ ONLY when you need to be absolutely autistic about counting bytes and clock cycles for a tight algorithm. And doing that without impaling yourself on a dozen memory management bugs in C++ is truly nontrivial. At least 10x the work is required.

>40 decades

>Need a serious pro C# dev to wrangle a twenty million line tax and law automation application from 1999.
>Hiring requirements mandated by HR are pretty steep.
>Only vampires and dragons make it past the experience req.
Sounds like a pretty solid pajeet sieve actually.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ozbsue0Rib1u14wlq_1280.jpg (500x174, 42K)

>pretty much all of it is for junior fresh grads with an """"IT"""" degree
Yeah because everyone kid who wants to be a "game dev" when he graduates has learned it so he can fuck around with Unity. Pretty much every kid in my freshman CS classes knew it. Was a bit strange when they struggled to understand java though.

Golang and rust are better

Go is garbage.

Literally anything else is the Java killer. C# is shit too.

Rust is like C++ but somehow even less ergonomic. The safety/usability trade-off is disgusting.

>Golang and Rust
Had to mention both, despite them having no similarity but being new. Hipster faggot spotted.

Why?

This. You end up seeing Rust shills implement a boilerplate monster to demonstrate that it "isn't that bad".

No features and no performance.
>but it's easy to deploy
You can statically link in every language.

>doesn't add generics for the sake of simplicity
>literally everyone complains except for retards who are content using code generation and copy/pasting
>forced to add generics in go 2

also

>wants to be minimal
>removes many modern language features (pattern matching, macros, generics)
>adds fucking garbage collection

Anyone calling c# shit is just knee jerking. It was always extremely comfy, but unfortunately platform locked. Now that the fucker Ballmer is gone, suddenly it's completely open source and multiplatform. Being proprietor and Window only were the only things holding it back from just totally steam rolling Java. It's so superior it's actually hard to explain without reams of text.

lmao no generics. That would be fine if it were an isolated missing feature, but the whole language is actually designed around treating the programmer like a child.

c# is a disgusting shit language

(you)

JVM performs way better than .NET and Kotlin is 10x more comfy than C#

Proofs?

He doesn't have them. Dotnet vs. JVM has been a crapshoot since like 2010. They each make improvements all the time and both are insanely optimized at this point.

Top kek
anthonylloyd.github.io/blog/2017/08/15/dotnetcore-performance

It's such a useless language that minecraft was redone by Microsoft in c++

Automatic garbage collection and the fact it's not pragmatic really makes it worthless when c++ and Java exists

>caring about performance in both those languages

Image a garbage collected C but without any of the performance. Pretty much a non-OO java 1.0

apt-get install pinta

Where is my cross platform WPF? Come on, Microsoft, I don't want web shit.

>>very useful for web development

Attached: 1521603353592.png (385x350, 37K)

But java has also GC and less features.

If you need garbage collection, you shouldn't be programming in the first place

>>garbage collection built in
This is how you can recognize a shit language. Well done, OP.

Attached: me.png (820x331, 191K)

Microsoft has a shitload of C++ programmers so it's no surprise. They use languages where they fit, and since C++ is better for games that's what they used.

>Pragmatic
What did he mean by this?

You can use qt right now, or wait a couple years. Core 3 supports Windows desktop dev. I bet you the next thing is to make a core version of wpf for cross platform.

Nonsense. Garbage collection is perfectly fine for most tasks and it takes a huge amount of pointless busy work off a programmer's shoulders. Remember that Jow Forums loves doing absolutely pointless shit like spending days ricing their fucking desktop. Autistically demanding to handhold every memory allocation when a gc can do it just fine is making work for sake of making work.

It literally shows .net won in 6 tests and Java in 4, you fag.

>>platform independent
lol