Lmao @ Aymd

Lmao @ Aymd

Attached: firefox_2018-08-17_10-45-00.png (1014x821, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Cyh0OyJgTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>benchmarking a CPU with a CPU-soft game

fucking retard

>hurr durr excuses
get rekt IPClet

Attached: 1515292607696.png (1228x1502, 1.07M)

>WoW
>in 4K

why

You do realize it gets worse @1080p for AMD don't you?

>>WoW
>why?

Ftfu

>hurr durr I'm acting as if I were encoding and compiling all day

> it's a videyagame again

Attached: 1403304391001.png (283x164, 59K)

>benchmarking a 14 year old game

Attached: 1525353398975.png (1066x600, 429K)

>wow
>out of all the videogames it had to be wow
>caring about video game performance at all

wow is notorioulsy CPU intensive
>caring about video game performance at all
>n-no this case doesn't count

>you need an overclocked demayonnaised 400$ (with cooler and shit) cpu with expensive ram just to get playable fps on a 15 year old game that looks like shit
wew

I don't care what cpu you use, I'm just pointing out that this test is objectively garbage. I use one machine with an amd core, another one with an old intel and 3 arm devices. Point is, it doesn't fucking matter what cpu you use if it's just reasonably new. Only gamer trash cares for that game changing extra 2 fps they get

Can we start reporting those threads already ? it's getting ridiculous.

>games don't matter...unless AyyyMD is in the lead
(lol AyyyMDrones

>muh gayms

Nice 2004 game bröther

Meanwhile in reality.

Attached: 1534204099106.png (1920x1080, 611K)

Attached: vgoggles.png (480x232, 86K)

best use of this meme i've seen to date.

WoW uses 1 to 2 cpu cores. It's engine is extremely outdated.

>Maxed out setting
>CPU benchmark
How is CPU even going to matter in fucking WoW?

MMO are CPU bottlenecked, especially WoW, which has very low graphical fidelity.

WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 28K)

>AMD crushing Intel on CPU side
>Nvidia crushing Intel on GPU side
>TSMC and Samsung crushing them on fabs side
Intel is sadly rendered unable to compete forever since they will never have more money than those fucking behemoths, intel's future is grim.

Attached: 1534500773183.jpg (1024x768, 100K)

More specifically, single thread bottlenecked (typically)
ESO just recently got a multithreading update which distributes much rendering among threads, but the core game loop is still single thread intensive.

Still doesn't explain the huge disparity.

1024 cuck posting

Yes it does. It's related to clock speed and IPC.
Intel's ringbus has marginally higher IPC than AMD's Zen, and their mesh has slightly worse than AMD Zen.
The framereates shown are almost directly proportional to the clock speed that the CPU is running at, with some consideration for architecture IPC, as well as the memory used.

>literally unplayable
Enjoy your stutter fest

intel stutterfires

why do people start saying IPC all of the sudden?
Look, AMD Athlon 3200+ had higher IPC but lower clock, making it perform on par with 3200Mhz Intel CPU.
Ryzen is the same, while being lower clocked it has higher IPC.

I said it had a marginal impact in explaining the difference in performance between architectures.
It mostly comes down to clock speed, and (especially for AMD's Zen) the memory speed and timings.

SEETHING

>pointing out something
>seething
not really mate.

if it only uses one core, then ZEN has better L1, L2, L3 and RAM performance than Intel.
It can push more IPC
How is Clock any consideration to any of this? considering that 4Ghz OC and 4.4Ghz OC on Intel still have huge disparity?

How is it even possible for a 10 year old game to require top of the line housefires at 5niggerHz to get 60fps
What the fuck did they bench

>>Nvidia crushing Intel on GPU side
are you retarded? Intel is not even on the GPU side yet.
>crushed before they even have a product out

>2700x getting smoked by ancient 6700k

>It can push more IPC
Only when compared to Intel's HEDT mesh architecture.

Intel's ringbus has definitively higher single-core IPC when compared to Zen.
Steve from Hardwareunboxed has a great explanation video for this.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Cyh0OyJgTk

>Different ram between tests
nani

>single-core IPC
The fuck is that?

It's an aggregate benchmark website, not structured for direct comparisons. I wouldn't take it as gospel for benchmark results.

IPC changes depending on workload because of differences in memory access and threaded memory sharing.

ah let me just get my 480 hz monitor.

IPC never changes, IPC is constant.
Software might have less instructions than what CPU can push but that doesn't mean IPC has changed.
It's like saying x16 PCIe can change to x4 if you don't utilise all of the pins.

>IPC is constant

Higher framerates provide lower input latency.

>IPC is constant.
Nah, that's just wrong. AMD's Zen SMT architecture allows each core to work more efficiently than Intel's architectures when processing multithreaded workloads because of improvements to inter-core memory access.

>Higher framerates provide lower input latency.
This implies that game relies on FPS to refresh input data instead of inner clock.

>blah blah latency
fuck off autists.

Youd be surprised how poorly some games are written.
However it should be pretty rare these days. Although a lot of dinguses use crappy engines.

No, it just means that you will have a more recent frame available when the monitor grabs a frame from the GPU.
When you're running without V-Sync or adaptive-sync, the most recent frame is going to be the one that has been rendered using most recent input data. Conversely, when using sync, a single frame is rendered, and the GPU then waits for the monitor to grab that frame before rendering a newer frame.

When Intel patches out all their vulnerabilities and forces you to stop multi threading it will perform worse than AMD. I'd rather have a secure and a non shit processor than a fucking malicious one.
It's like Intel is a fragile formula while AMD is a Bugatti.