"if you want to support healthy competition, go for ryzen"

There's nothing healthy competition about AMD, Intel and NVIDIA. They are forming brutal duopolies on the CPU and GPU markets.

Attached: file.png (400x400, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iWGAdoMz1c0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only reason they are not taken down is that they're all American.

capitalism was a mistake.

Better have a duopoly than a monopoly, dipshit.

We could always wait for the US to collapse to fix this, but that's gonna take a couple of decades.

fugin gapitalsm :DDD
t. joo

Attached: Ef9Qhwc-1.png (278x293, 16K)

What happened with VIA and Cyrix? What about non-x86 processor manufacturers?

Qualcom, Huawei, Apple? It won't be long before mobile chips start competing with desktop chips. Obviously not threadripper/i9 level, but definitely on par with i3, maybe even i5 one day.

>Better have a duopoly than a monopoly
So this is the mind of an amerimutt.

Intel and AMD are hogging the patents. They swap them between them.

Did you know you still can't use SSE2 without asking their permission/paying rent? It's required in any x86_64 processor.

Main problem is the lock-in from the patent hogging of the big three

How about powerPC. The chips are still used in telecom, industry and cars.
E5500 and E6500 are way more powerfull than any powerpc apple was I think. So it should be more than enough for a modern laptop or desktop. It would be like a budget raptor if made into a sbpc.

And what about all the x86/x86_64 software still used?

Install gentoo.
But seriously, almost all software should just work on ppc. Even debian and ubuntu supported ppc until recently.

IBM POWER9

reminder: capitalism gave us windows instead of linux

the prob with ryzen is they only make sense for budget builds but every one is pretending they are atherlonXP where they where substantially cheaper and could overclock to better performance of intels from 2000-2005

only reason you should buy a ryzen now is if you want to spend like sub 700$ on your total PC build. if your spending 700$ or more just get a i3 8350k and get the optimal gaming CPU.

>AMD is for cheap builds
Is this the new script from the intel shill team?

Yea. We should be buying the EU based business processors the successful economies have been making.

Whoops, look like you forgot to include the geekbench graph showing how powerful our i5™ Intel™ processor is mr. ranjeet. I'm afraid I will have to deduct 10 rupees from your payroll this month. I'm fully confident mistakes like this won't happen again in the future.

>geekbench
>x86 ANYTHING
Are you retarded? Thats about one of the worst benches out there. If you believe Geekbench then you believe that ARM64 chips are as strong IPC as an core i series chip.

Aren't Intel making a new GPU too? At 2020 they said.

Only Nvidia that doesn't have any CPUs. (Except ARM)

Soon we will have a gpu tripaloski.

That's the mind of everyone except shekel vacuum machines. Of course a lot more choice is a lot better than just two, but two is a fuck lot better than one.

meme

AMD currently owns the HEDT market, and outside of gaming Ryzen processors are a better choice for basically everything. Even for gaming they do well, unless you're chasing that extra 5 fps there isn't any reason to spend extra on Intel.

No, it'll be a duopoly with a whiny underdog.

I miss the late 90s market.

better having a duopoly than a monopoly

>i'd rather lose a finger than a hand
>lmao average amerimutt

AMD supports free software, they get my dollars.

>5fps less on some old boomer game that is optimized for intel
>better pay double for an i9 then...

Is this what intards actually believe?

> Borrow design
> Improve on it and patent
It's a pretty clever move if you can pull it off

then go ahead and buy from the third best CPU and GPU company you dumb faggot

oh wait, that doesn't exist because nobody buys the bronze medal piece of shit brand including you

Attached: 000000.png (493x639, 394K)

They do, you fucking imbecile. Why do you think Dodge still exists?

youtube.com/watch?v=iWGAdoMz1c0

Unironically this

This reason alone recently opened my eyes to the fact that patents are jewy as fuck.

Attached: 1530876877962.jpg (420x480, 32K)

AMD shills have poisoned this board.

They should go back to r/AMD.

You spelled Chrysler wrong

Go make your own CPU company then.

Still wrong. You mean FCA.

Forgot about the Fiat thing

a duopoly is better than a monopoly

Attached: microsoft-monopoly-big.jpg (3000x3000, 872K)

Why do libertarians deny that corporations aren't a concept in a free market and a corporation fits the abstract model of a government?

Which is better in any way