NVIDIA GTX 2060 5GB 3DMark Score Leaks - Vega64/GTX 1080 Level Performance

3dmark.com/fs/16142651

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-2060-5gb-3dmark-score-allegedly-leaks-its-very-fast/

Attached: nvidia-logo.png (256x256, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/newz/exclusive-msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-x-trio-pictured
youtube.com/watch?v=xk8YxSHjUcc
techpowerup.com/reviews/?category=PC Port Testing&manufacturer=&pp=25&order=date
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>5GB
Savage

Why are the comments on Wccftech always cancer?

it's the new 3.5 coming? As in 4 + 0.5 + 0.5?

I think nvidia learned from that fiasco. It will probably have gimped bus width though (like 5/8 or 5/6 of full bus). If they wanted to repeat 3.5 story, they would advertise it as 6 GB or 8GB but make it actually 5+1/5+3.

>IT WILL JUST BE A SHRINK GUYS. 10% AT BEST!

Attached: YndqdTs.jpg (653x726, 41K)

160-bit memory bus like the 1060 5GB sold only in China for gaming cafes

Although I think it would be a hard sell though going from 6GB 1060 to 5GB 2060 when games are horribly memory hungry

>$249 card being faster than VEGA64/1080
impressive.

Yea, it's weird. Same for videocardz.com. I guess it's mostly 14 year olds who think that they're hot shit for building a computer.

When is mommy Lisa going to put some money or fresh pajeets into the Radeon division?
Ryzen is nice and all but Radeon has been real pathetic ever since Nvidia came with Pascal.
Frankly I don't even know if they're gonna release anything this year, haven't seen a Radeon roadmap in ages.

Attached: ritsu.jpg (775x720, 80K)

who cares when it's just nvidia
i-i'm not even paying attention to it

>1080 speeds at midrange prices is a "hard sell"
Your tears are delicious

>haven't seen a Radeon roadmap in ages.
Have you noticed how the dates at the bottom became increasingly vague regarding releases? When did that start? Like 2016-2017 or so.

Bigger dies = more performance.
Isn't that simple?
The biggest Turing is 754mm^2.
>When is mommy Lisa going to put some money or fresh pajeets into the Radeon division?
Never.

If the RTX 2080 scales up that well, if it beats the 1080ti or something, I'm so buying it on day 1.

do games even utilize more than 4gb?

Why not 2080 Ti? You poor or something?

They do.

absolutely
this card, as fast as it is, is going to run out of memory at anything but 1080p
the 1080p/144hz competitive gayman's best friend, basically

This bench dovetails nicely with the 2080 leak earlier which ate the 1080ti for lunch.

If true, this is entirely new levels of performance.

According to the rumor, 2080ti will be released on Aug 20th.
picrelated: placeholder for 2080ti

Attached: MSI-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-GAMING-X-TRIO-1000x750[1].jpg (1000x750, 85K)

videocardz.com/newz/exclusive-msi-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gaming-x-trio-pictured

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Fuck waiting nigger, besides I don't need more performance than a 2080 for 1440p.

the leak says that SLI has been replaced with NVLink. I am very interested in seeing the performance of it.
picrelated: 2080ti with NVLink

Attached: MSI-RTX-2080-Ti-GAMING-X-TRIO-Backplate-1000x750[1].jpg (1000x750, 83K)

2080ti? What? I thought they'd release the 2080 and then a ti version some months or a year later

I thought this was a radeon board wtf

>rtx titan 12% faster than previous titan
>2060 A GIANT LEAP more than 70% of perfomance added

yeah nothing wrong with that i guess

what fucking game utilizes more than 4gb at high settings at 1080p?

besides GTA which is unoptimized laggy trash with long loading times

It won't be $250. I would expect like $350 , 250 msrp plus $100 FE fee that OEMS conveniently forget they're not supposed to charge.
Either way I'll be skipping the 2 series because
1)GPU boost will still only give the illusion of over clocking with locked bios and no true voltage control
2) 2080 and 2080ti will be based on a midrange chip and the big chip will be limited to titan and quadro
3) Features missing from 2050 and 2060 and only on the 2070 and up
4) Shit bit bus so the cards fall off hard
Hopefully my 980ti will last until next generation and the situation is improved. In fire strike it ties a stock 1080fe because I can actually over clock it unlike the preapproved training wheels no voltage control over clock of pascal and turing

It should have 2 NVLinks, which is 100GB/s bidir.

We thought too. Something at Nvidia has been changed. Find out next 3 days.
We will see nvidia guys busy drinking the tears of seething amdrones. yeah glorious I guess.

"fucking" games that aren't running at high settings @1080p, which was kind of my point

Aug 20th 2019.

They release the Ti a year later.

Listen to what Jensen has said on the last ER.
They're going top to bottom from now on.

What do you need 8gb vram for, goy? Most games don't use more than 7gb. 6gb is the industry standard. You won't need more than 5gb in your lifetime. There is no point in having more than 4.5gb vram.

same
I'm too autistic to ever consider a GPU that can't be properly overclocked, even if said GPU is plain faster
a 980 ti is still very decent in normal scenarios though, especially if you're overclocking it to the absolute limit

1080p is the gaming standard.

U JELLY?

Attached: TU104.jpg (1334x812, 201K)

It is a different NVLink. It is probably Gaming NVLink.
Nvidia no longer supports 3-4 GPUs. Only 2.

you jelly of freesync everywhere?

the perfect card for 1080p

Tell us about the NVLink part. Will it be a game-charger?

>It is a different NVLink. It is probably Gaming NVLink.
What the fuck?
It's the same interconnect.

Its likely gimped one way or another.

youtube.com/watch?v=xk8YxSHjUcc
see at 1:41

Attached: nvidia-titan-v-pcb-u[1].png (577x227, 72K)

Are these cards going to use PCIE 4?

actually, this is going to be overkill for a while unless gameworks has enough influence to make everyone start using advanced effects plastered everywhere or even raytracing, in which case even that card will hit a hard wall with raster only
this or 1080p/144hz will have to be the new mainstream

No, it just has 2 links on-die instead of 4 in P100 and 6 in V100.
V100 has six links, and better, PCIe V100 can work in trios.

nope and it wouldn't matter because we have yet to hit any sort of limit with 3.0

Actually many games I play utilize more than 5GB of VRAM at UW1080p for me on ultra.

my normie friends think they'll release the 2060 and 2070 first and then the 2080 and finally the ti so they can milk gaymurs
how retarded do you have to be to believe that?

Who cares, it's not networking or storage to benefit from PCIe4.

But does it have AV1 hw decoding?

>No, it just has 2 links on-die instead of 4 in P100 and 6 in V100.
Thats more what I was meaning on being "gimped". Not the connector but the interface being limited. But truth be told, I have no fucking idea what a real deal NVLink interface with all channels could be used for in the consumer space. 3/4 card scaling sucked shit back in the day, don't think NVLink would have changed that.

n a v i
e
h
w

>currytech
>massive performance leap when the already confirmed new Titan has less than 15% performance leap over previous gen
No way.

>my normie friends think they'll release the 2060 and 2070 first and then the 2080 and finally the ti so they can milk gaymurs
Your normie friends are that, filthy and retarded normalfags.
>how retarded do you have to be to believe that?
Fucking hell it's literally CEO saying to shareholders after ER.

Wccftech is Jow Forumsamd without profanity filter and mods

2 links are still enough for whatever they're gonna get used for.
Unless you have some ML crunching boner.
Q2 2019 for the small one, 2020 for the big one.

I doubt it will be under $350 tbqh

>5 GB
Hahaha, if they really release the 2080 with just 8 GB I can just laugh at it. I'm on 11 GB.

Yeah, I'm jelly of freesync flickering on top of that sweet performance from 3 years ago at triple the heat generation lmao

Too early, Turing taped out like early this year or last year and AV1 1.0 spec only came out a few months ago

Well, the launch price for 1060 was $249. Thanks to the mining craze, it increases to $350. However, the mining craze appears done, it will return to the normal price. look at the price for 2080 - $649

>on top of that sweet performance from 3 years ago
The last time this sentence would've made sense is after unified shader came to be.

what if gtx 2060 cards are just rebranded big pascal 14nm overstock and turing chips are high-end only atm

best i can do is 2033

Why would Nvidia drop prices when AMD has nothing to compete with their cards? They can price them however they want and gamers will eat that shit up.

>Just wait
It's kind of depressing that AMD will have pretty much nothing to compete with Nvidia until 2019, probably 2020 realistically since AMD always delays everything. By the time Navi comes out it won't matter since Nvidia will have captured a complete monopoly in the consumer GPU space outside of mobileshit.

You need to actually sell your shit, y'know.
Higher prices are the opposite of selling shit, hence why the client CPU pricing was static for good 10 years already.

AMD fanboys going mad, it's like reddit.

Navi is made for Sony anyway.
>Nvidia will have captured a complete monopoly in the consumer GPU space outside of mobileshit.
Isn't that great?

You will be cucked when the 2080Ti has 12GB

Blame on AMD for doing a half-assed job.

smol chips can be made bigger
and optimization for console architectures provide a nice ecosystem

They just don't have time and money, and people, but mostly time, to bother with anything dGPU-related sans semi-custom jobs.

techpowerup.com/reviews/?category=PC Port Testing&manufacturer=&pp=25&order=date
Not really, up to 4.5 Gb in 4K.

>blame a ten times smaller company for not competing 1:1

If anything I expect the card to be priced at $300 and the 1060 have its prices slashed. I don't expect to see the 2080 for less than $500 MSRP.

>smol chips can be made bigger
Expensive, and people stopped buying high-end AMD cards ages ago.
Tahiti sales were morbid, AMD had to bundle a fuckton of games to move units.
Hawaii sold only to miners, then to no one, AMD had to write off the inventory.
>and optimization for console architectures provide a nice ecosystem
They don't go beyond the consoles.
It's the "custom" part of semi-custom.

NVLink allows for both cards to use all the VRAM. If you SLI/CF cards, the data is mirrored between them on the VRAM, so you can only use 1 cards VRAM, effectively. Most people won't be doing multi-GPU either way.

Yeah but traditionally later taped small chips like 960/950 and 1050/1050ti supported more hw decoding options than their bigger chips

>Shuts down randomly
>Has to have luck in the lottery
Yes goy, freesync is better

They can, but it's expensive, they have to poach people back, and why bother when you can eat Intel's datacenter lunch next year?

>blame a smaller, less funded company for gaymers not buying their products even in the times they were superior to Nvidia's offerings

Remember Fermi? Every gaymer retard still went out and bought one. At this point, I think AMD will just forget about the high end, let Nvidia have that market, and just compete in the lower power market where they can get things done.

Do you think that if Vega had been much better than Pascal people would have bought them over Nvidia still? Nvidia has all the mindshare, they have the "OUR DRIVERS JUST WERK" and the premium goyim market.

>NVLink allows for both cards to use all the VRAM.
What about the scaling part? It would be perfect?

So, the leaks were right? Can't wait to buy GTX 2050 next year.

Attached: Screenshot_20180816-200920.png (1920x1080, 367K)

Good, I don't want to buy a new mobo

What's ER?

4GB? What do you need 3.5 for?

I hope it has 20 GB+, I already fill 10 in AAA titles.

The halo sells the mainstream.
No halo = no sales.
Yesterday's ER.

so it's the same as 1060 = 980
wow, no one saw this coming guys
next thing you'll be surprised at is the fact that 2070 is going to be as fast as the 1080 ti

this isn't a bad thing at all, but christ, it's like you guys haven't seen this happen before

>goy
>freesync
brainlet nvidiot

Kek

AMD BTFO

I love seeing AMD annihilated

Not really, they don't mention the 2080ti which is rumored to come out next week, they leaked pics of it someone posted it above, it's the MSI one.

People said the same thing about the Xbone and PS4.
>Jaguar processor means games will use more cores!
>Meanwhile Bulldozer never became fully utilized for games, it took Ryzen, a completely different arch, to popularize more than 4 cores.
Also despite the PS4 and Xbone using their graphics they've completely lost almost all the marketshare ATI had. Maxwell and Pascal absolutely dominated AMD in non-mining sales and it's just going to get worse.

No completely, Adored is a AMD cuck and made the performance lower in that list. It's on 1080 and Vega level.

>they were superior to Nvidia's offerings
ohhh boy
>OUR DRIVERS JUST WERK
well, it is true. My old AMD card had trouble running the old games. This forces me to reroll the old driver to get it work. With Nvidia, it just werks - no need to reroll often.
Meaning AMD has to hire more white QAs and programmers. Not pajeets, who ruin AMD.