Don't mind me, just being the most stable version of windows

Don't mind me, just being the most stable version of windows.

Attached: windows-8.1-logo.png (1600x1212, 135K)

>the most stable version of a botnet
>sends data streams to microsoft at an unwavering pace

Haha epic thread xD

Best Windows for 2018 daily use.
>Supports and runs well on old and new hardware
>Can use mose 7/Vista drivers
>Can run legacy software and gaymes
>Lightweight, runs better on 2 GB RAM than 7
>Slim and modern UI
>Still a long support time left
>Doesn't get forced updates that break your system

Attached: snip.jpg (2259x1268, 232K)

It's where I'll be jumping when 7 EOLs.

>just busy being the best version of windows.

Attached: Capture.png (1088x720, 39K)

It's what I use, but it's hardly the most stable. There's a bug with the dynamic timer that makes the DPC latancy shit compared to 7 and 10, making 8.1 crap for real time audio processing.
It usually can be fixed in command line though, so it's sort of okay.

!

Attached: 1534510351957.jpg (640x512, 47K)

Reporting in. Quite comfy.

Attached: sdnfou.png (933x587, 31K)

You spelled Windows 2000 wrong.

You spelled Windows Vista wrong

It was hamstrung at release by shitty hardware support, I had a Toshiba that would randomly lose WiFi connectivity if the power cable was unplugged and had various other random symptoms right until I installed Linux.
Plus it got all the worst bullshit from the awkward BIOS>UEFI transition period.
Plus that whole "now your PC looks and acts like Windows Phone and XBOX!" shit was godawful.

You both spelled NT 3.51 wrong.

teach us
i'm fiddling with audio processing and i desire knowledge

Vista before the SPs was a fucking mess. BSoDs every other boot.

>all these nibbas not using server 2016 for workstations
haha

>server 2016 for workstations
Don't think I've heard of this SKU.
>nibbas
Don't think I've heard of this racist epithet.

>being this unread
haha

Open cmd with admin privilages
paste bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
reboot, if you had any audio issues like clicks and stutters they should be fixed now. I've also heard it improves latency in games but I didn't test that.
You can also mess with enabling/disabling HPET in bios and toggling it in Windows, again there was a bcdedit command for that but I can't recall it, It also can help with DPC.
Search the web for "windows 8.1 dpc latency" there are plenty of threads going on.

It was only stable because it was nearly impossible to configure hardware and get it to run anything; i.e., it was stable the same way a big flat rock is stable.

Attached: AvSxrTV.gif (402x227, 1.82M)

>all these cucks on 8.1 instead of 8.0
MS has you all by the balls, or it would, if you had any.

>8,1 appreciation thread
Cool

Explain your reasoning. Why is 8 better than 8.1

I don't understand why more people don't use it. It's basically an updated Win7. I guess most people gave up and started using Win10. I tried using it for a day, but oddly enough it just didn't feel like a Microsoft product. Like someone else took over and tried to imitate Windows. Went back to 8.1 immediately and never looked back.

>not using Server 2012 R2, the most functional windows ever made.

I personally haven't experienced any of the symptoms related to this and I highly suggest anons do not fuck with their system over an issue that is unrelated to them.

To be fair, disabling dynamic timer is safe and shouldn't break anything. Windows 7 never came with it in the first place.
Microsoft wanted 8/8.1 to be an OS for tablets and 2-in-1 so they came up with "features" to increase the battery life, and dynamic tick is one of them.
Not really necessary on desktop or even laptops, especially since it was notoriously buggy.