Convince me to upgrade to Windows 10 or to stick with Windows 7

Convince me to upgrade to Windows 10 or to stick with Windows 7.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1433x775, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/intel/comments/7e0wzi/windows_7_drivers_missing_for_asrock_z370_intel/
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install Vista.

Install Source Mage GNU Linux

No

>upgrade to diarrhea from constipation

Game companies will stop developing for win 7 soon.

if it ain't broken...

Attached: 1531523329433.png (433x429, 51K)

stick with 7, uninstall all telemetry updates, and disable old smb 1 protocols.

Not till maybe a year after microsoft drops support, and by then a lot more games will probably require dx12

diarrhea all the way
Anything else is bloat

so what do i install then? I need adobe suite so linux is off the table

But have you even tried installing Source Mage GNU Linux?

>botnet
>latest botnet
You decide

should i install windows xp?

Nah, try Source Mage GNU Linux

website doesnt looks aesthetic, not even going to try it

Just stick to 7 unless there is something you want/need in 10.

Attached: 1534010155251.jpg (339x461, 118K)

But you can cast spells and be comfy wizard on the interwebz!

t. systemd

Had to move to 10. It's insipid as hell but it was necessary.

Why? I use windows 10 and it's amazing. Why the fuck should I care if you use it?

tbe fastboot feature is pretty sweet. Win8 8,1 has it too

Windows 7 is not secure. You're really just begging to get your ass fucked by Hung Wei.
Windows 10 is secure, however you're now sending private data to microsoft.

Install an easy to use linux distro like Debian. Wine + DXVK is the future.

this

Attached: ž šar.jpg (469x480, 59K)

>implying diarrhea doesn't bloat

>24 replies
>not a single install gentoo
>not even a single gentoo
Jow Forums is die

Jow Forums is dead*
Man, why can't you guys use proper English?

I don't give 2 shits what OS you are using.
Why would I convince you in anything other than eating shit?

Install Ubuntu

>downgrading to Windows 10 or sticking with Windows 7
Only Sith deal in absolutes. Choose 8.1

Attached: Untitled.png (305x103, 3K)

winner's choice

Attached: Server2016Datacenter_d86a3298-f5b7-4b95-8cef-4f13909eb7ac_1024x1024.png (800x800, 125K)

it will be easier to deal with future problems since it's the most used windows version, but you have to waste time uninstalling programs and disabling some stuff

give it a try when you get new hardware

>tfw forced to install windows 10

Kiinda regret buying a 8th gen cpu desu

>Jow Forums is kill

Attached: 1503028426971.gif (480x292, 1.99M)

Install Server 2016

Windows 7 hibernate function is broken on Broadwell's laptop

you are NOT forced to install it. You simply have to slipstream the correct drivers into your w7 install. There is no special fuckery going on with win7 and coffee lake besides
>no avx 512
and you aren't going to be using that.
Also
>w10
>ever
Shit is one of the most unintuitive, uncustomizable OS experiences I have ever had. PC settings are strewn about all over the fucking place, win32 programs are slowly being phased out, the entire experience reeks of feature bloat. It's fucking terrible

Attached: 1534039763939.jpg (226x223, 19K)

I tried daily'ing win 8.1 pro for awhile. It wasn't bad, but I'm using ryzen and an AMD GPU. There aren't any official drivers released for either so I used the win7 versions. There were some weird USB3 bugs which need hotfixing but will never get any with the default usb3 8.1 drivers from MS, and the ASmedia ones are far worse. I have to say though, shit UI design aside, I found it to be a fairly decent OS with classic shell installed. Far less issues than win10.

Attached: 1532667833682.jpg (640x335, 28K)

>AMD stopped supporting 8.1

No I don't want to downgrade to 7.

Attached: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (619x453, 47K)

meant to reply to this fucker

>simply have to slipstream the correct drivers into your w7 install.

No shit, the problem is that none of the drivers i donwloaded work

Install MX Linux

nibba which drivers
I had a similar issue with an x470 board recently and in order to make it work I had to install every single component of the usb hub manually for the install to progress.

Sure is summer in here

DX12

z370 drivers

which motherboard

Stick with 7 until January 2020, then LTSB.

asrock z370 extreme 4

I'm changing next year when Zen 2 comes.

>mfw using a 8086k with an Asus Hero on Windows 8.1 without issues.

Windows 7 might require more effort to get it working, but Windows 8.1 is pretty much Windows 7 optimized (with better multi-monitor support) if you get Classic Shell.

Stay on Windows 7. It was your idea after all

I'm going to spoonfeed you some links right quick because "z370 drivers" is meaningless. the only drivers you'll need are third party drivers like the LAN controller, Sata controller, and USB controller. The rest will be provided by windows update.
reddit.com/r/intel/comments/7e0wzi/windows_7_drivers_missing_for_asrock_z370_intel/
Most importantly use this

Stick with 7 until January 2020, then install Windows ME. Get Microsoft Office and befriend Clippy. He will be a lot like Cortana, but he won't sell your data to Microsoft.

Embrace the crashes. Understand this means you have been sitting at your computer too long and should get some other activity like installing Windows ME on another computer.

>how to install windows 7 on new chipsets
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1 THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO POST fucking 4chanx and it's autopost when I hit return

>using reddit
user, you aren't supposed to do that.

run virtual machine

Sometimes reddit pops up on google and has solutions to problems.
But really, the pastebin in
summarizes it much more nicely.

I tried it on my ryzen system but see

Attached: 1533949542737.jpg (960x956, 57K)

I can't confirm if there are drivers out there on Ryzen, I assume there must be somewhere but who knows. I can confirm coffee lake works fine with Asus boards on 8.1 from personal experience, that is about all I know.

I think the main issue is asmedia driver support on windows 8.1 has always been bad, and isn't going to get any hotfixes anytime soon. I had working drivers but random bluescreens, and I pinpointed the cause to asmedia drivers. It got to the point where I couldn't uninstall them without bluescreening my entire system. It wasn't pretty. Coffee lake, so long as the mobo has chips supported by legacy hardware, shouldn't have any issues.

Install 8.1 with classic/openshell. There will be no DX12 exclusive software other than some ms published gaymen.

That is the saddest thing about Windows 8.1. It isn't popular, nobody really cares about it in the tech industry therefore. You see boards being released just to add support for Windows 7, but they could easily break Windows 8.1 support without many people throwing a fit.

They're both very good and it doesn't make a difference. Just keep what you have if you don't have an explicit reason to upgrade, it would be unecessary. Just make sure you don't use any other version of Windows than NT4, 2000, 7 or 10

8.1 support would be pretty easy but there are a few weird bugs which haven't ever been fixed.
If it makes you feel any better user, I liked it :(

Attached: 9JuursB.jpg (1920x1080, 960K)

>no Windows 98SE

OP, Windows 10 is FREE. They even cloud backup all your personal data. To ensure that you're using the OS properly they record your clicks and send to the cloud too. To ensure that you're consuming properly they'll deliver you ads as well. All around, its best OS.

if you're a stupid piece of shit

Yuu and Aii will both die when our spirit no longer lives. Until then, we can fight with software and dream of a better day.

Attached: AiiandYuu.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

98SE is was the guilty pleasure OS, yes.

Is it sad to have nostalgia for giant purple gorillas that would be spyware or adware? It feels like viruses these days are so boring in comparison. If there is going to be a virus, at least make it fun.

Attached: ISellYourDataToMicrosoft.png (346x288, 82K)

I seriously cant.

Here are some of the major bugs and flaws i have with windows 10 that are just stupid and awful.

- Lock screen before password to login (cant remove this)
- bug in current version that adds another keyboard language, and you cant remove this (known bug)
-Control panel + settings (settings is abysmal, control panel was superior. but MS being MS are removing it because reasons.
-flat shitty design looks awful
-edge looks awful.
-Thumbnail problem is still NOT fixed, have to regen thumbnails every day.
-downloads folder takes forever to open (easy fix in regedit, but fucking retarded anyway
-files downloaded in downloads folder do not auto organize after download date. some files still wont sort so its impossible to find them if you work with images daily like i do.
-start menu is still shit. (Start10 is superior, but we are forced to buy extra software because MS fucked up.
-Performance issues. there are still times where i feel that i need to reinstall windows. or atleast do a SFC/ to fix my shit.
-Skype, MS is killing old skype in favour of new flat gay design. this has a multitude of its own bugs, like no search within a conversation. they fucking removed this ability.
- more difficult to access the setting you want. more steps to get to where you want.
-telemetry BS. the last update i had to go through a shitton of questions about it and had to disable and opt out of them all, but i know it doesnt matter.
-windows store. LMAO! no explenation needed.

The only positive thing i know with windows in general now are:
GAYMS and windows explorer. (windows explorer is by far the best file manager on the planet)

if it wherent for these two things, i would have siwtched to hackintosh a long fucking time a go.

so please OP stay on win7 for as long as possible. do yourself a favour.

Oh and these are just the fuckups i can think off right now, im sure there are a ton more.

Attached: 1478413404883.png (720x658, 363K)

>you will never enjoy infecting your computer with horrible, crippling spyware ever again

Attached: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-wzvR-Hatbto%2FV3Bg1B7HBeI%2FAAAAAAAAJS0%2F (454x383, 118K)

If interface is your biggest issue you can get 10 to look very similar to 7.

Attached: 7.png (1920x1080, 147K)

What is your use case?

>very similar
This looks like 10 went into a horrible car crash.

>notifications menu still there
>classic shell dead in the water so expect it to be broken eventually (it's a github repo now with little activity since windows is headed towards GWP apps)
>still have to dig through w10 settings menus
It's like putting sprinkles on shit

Oh no, so I can't play Ego Shooter 47 anymore :(

Are those, tabs?

>>classic shell dead in the water so expect it to be broken eventually (it's a github repo now with little activity since windows is headed towards GWP apps)
Please no.

the creator gave up on it in april, open sourced the code and fucked off.

I'm having a panic attack.

Classic shell is probably the only reason I don't go crazy using the damn windows start.
Apart from that, there are so many good functions and stuff that wasn't in the original Win7 start menu.

Honestly I'm having a great time with 8.1 (Embedded Industry Pro version). It has all the enhancements over 7, security and performance, without the full retard telemetry and app mode of 10. Using on a 10 year old machine it actually is snappier than 7 (it's not new install syndrome).

it won't be broken ever in win7 or 8.1 since those aren't receiving feature updates, but win10? You can expect it to be broken at some point unless the goons at the repo can maintain it properly (they probably won't, but we'll see)

>win7
Last time I checked it didn't work on Windows 7

I am using it literally right now on my win7 install since it added features I liked to use on my shit surface on windows 8.1.
No issues whatsoever.

You don't need to use an Arero theme to not get screen tearing in Win10. Also, Win7 can't use recent versions of Direct X.

If you get Win10 LTSB and install Classic Shell you can make it look exactly like Win7.

Attached: Gen2 Windows ISOs piratebay.png (1310x916, 238K)

I guess I'll be going back to windows 7 then.

>Gen2

>can't use recent versions of directX
>DX12
>only games using it are shit like gears of war and forza, sea of thieves and maybe halo5?????
They're all shit. DX12 is implemented badly, and aero doesn't impact performance at all.
shoo shoo shill

Attached: 1534464502174.png (512x416, 50K)

I've heard some rumours about hacking directX 11 support for windows XP

Anyone got info about it? I've already got my 980 running under XP but if I could get DX11 I would be pretty fucking happy.

Attached: 1501716770168.jpg (2000x1500, 514K)

Windows 10 forces updates and reinstalls software you manually uninstalled. It collects a fuck load of data and is bloated as fuck.

Windows 7 let's you update when you choose and doesn't cuck you. It's lighter as well.

I have some questions.
There is work on a dx11 wrapper for linux, I think it's dx11vulcan or something similar. I would expect dx12 to be easier to implement with it considering it's a lower level API.

That's because DWM is always on starting with Windows 8. Also
>encouraging piratebay and not the-eye.eu

How can i put windows 7 with windows 10 interface?

Attached: w10pack.png (1024x600, 401K)

delete this post and stop advertising this site, please

WHAT am I LOOKING AT

Attached: 1534272883098.jpg (500x375, 37K)

Visually I find windows 10 more beautiful than the 7, although I prefer the operation of 7

>Visually I find windows 10 more beautiful than the 7
shit taste desu senpai

I've been using 10 for 8 months and I still don't know how to just open the documents directory from the start menu without just typing something in and going open file location.

Am I a retard?

Attached: IMG_6405.png (640x1136, 1.06M)

It's best to use up to date software, but I'd also recommend you switch to GNU/Linux. Any distro would be a pretty big improvement.

Based and redpilled