Attached: stuck.jpg (1160x790, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because you aren't using superior Intel(R) LGA(tm) sockets

because you touch yourself at night

>AMD
those things are designed to fail and bend so you buy another one again

I've learned to twist the heat sink a little.
Haven't had that issue in awhile since I started doing that

What thermal compound are you all using where this happens? I have literally never had this happen and I've used a wide range of thermal compound.

Probably thermal glue, as in hot glue.

never happened and I use both shintel and ayymd
just don't use superglue compound

twist harder, nigga

>PooMD
That's why

Lol AMD likes to solder their IHS to the dies, it's probably leaking out and sticking the CPUs to the heatsinks to make them break faster
Fuck AMD

TWIST it while it's still in the socket retard

run prime95 for 2 minutes before removing heatsink moron

and twist also

>Twist the cpu
>AMDs chinesium pins break off in the socket
>You now need a new processor AND motherboard
T-thanks

indium solder melts at like 300F

Never once happened to me
Stop drinking onions

AMD processors probably get hot enough to vaporize it

They have better thermals than intel cpus desu

run something intensive to soften up the thermal butter

if that was the case with that power consumption i'd use it as a heater

Twist the COOLER you absolute retard

Twist th... tw...

twist the cpu? but that'll break it user

Attached: 1489128479008.jpg (480x318, 24K)

You're supposed to power on your computer and heat the processor with a light bench before removing the heatsink you STUPID FUCK.
/thread

It means you're using way too much thermal paste you fucking retards.
Jesus christ you astound me with your stupidity.

That huge metal thing with the fan? Twist it. That should dislodge it and the paste. Don't pull before you twise you humongous mongoloid.

>twist head spreader by the fan
>the fan breaks
>cpu doesn't budge, and socket twists off the board
>I now need a new cpu fan and motherboard
t-thanks user...

Attached: Screenshot_21.png (844x555, 412K)

What happens when you use cheapass Chinese concrete TIMs.

1. Grab the metal part of the cooler (the tower, not the fan)
2. Twist to left or right while letting gravity do its
job
3. wala
4. paste comes loose and you can now pull up
5. bone apple teeth

Turn on the PC and let it do something, just enough to warm it up. It'll be a little easier to pull off.
Also use a razor blade to gently pry the surfaces, just don't kill yourself while using it.

So AMD should also begin to use mayonnaise as thermal compound on high end cpus?

Your pic OP is why I hate that kind of socket, I wish they used LGA for their low end shit instead of just the epyc and threadrippers
Your best bet to remove it is to twist or let it heat a bit without a fan on to make the Tim easier to work on

I sometimes get this with my 4790k when i change out my paste every 6 months or so. I'm guessing it's caused by the paste drying up.

Wait, so you're telling me AMD sockets don't have one of these locking flip-up things to hold down the CPU?

Attached: IntelSocket1151.jpg (320x320, 43K)

OP you should never pull like that because those shitty pins will fucking snap and that means you will buy a new mobo and cpu.

>when i change out my paste every 6 months or so
People aren't really this autistic, are they?

This, I was about to post the same thing. chips aren't supposed to be locked on the mobo?

With cheap shitty paste, it's needed once every year or two. Usually because it shrinks and makes gaps.
That user is just a turboautist.

Only Intel uses LGA on their consumer boards. AMD uses LGA on Threadripper and EPYC, but consumer boards have always used PGA.

Attached: 1453519738553.jpg (1024x573, 166K)

Isn't the difference just whether the pins are on the CPU or the motherboard? Why does PGA prevent the motherboard from having a flip-up cover to hold down the CPU?

>boomer thinks its still 2009
Epic

literally Zen's only flaw, don't be too hard on yourself OP
I wish AMD used LGA

What a pleb

Attached: 1534444604970.gif (332x332, 2.65M)

this never happened to me

This but run it for 10-20 minutes the heat should make it softer

AM4 chips don't use locking mechanisms, they're PGA like the older chips. The Threadripper and Epyc chips do use lockdowns.

It's always about the cost.

What the fuck. Did he use super glue as thermal paste?

It cost way less to produce unlike what (((intel))) would like you to believe.

AMD processors also doesn't have 20+ and counting hardware vulnerabilities

fuck dude, you could use the fx9590 as one

Just use a razor blade

not him, but I have thought about it.

Take an old FX processor, stick a big heatsink on it and then use it as a portable heater.

pros (vs regular portable heater)
>fine granular heat settings (set HandBrake to use 20%, 30%, 40% ---->100% or CPU for a very precise heat output)
>encode videos while heating your room
>no annoying click or bang like those stupid portable heaters (thermostat getting activated and having a very loud click that might wake you during sleep)

Attached: 1531853877498.png (377x375, 208K)

oh, and the big heatsink so you can use slow RPM big fans, thus being quiet so it won't wake you during sleep

You're joking but I've unironically used during winter my FX 8350 as heater. That shit coupled with 2x HD 5870 were capable of producing 400W of heat, which is plenty for a small room.
It backfires badly in summer however.

If the CPU really is bonded to the heatsink with gorilla glue force then you'll break the socket

Have you tried burning it?

Attached: 1419980016467.jpg (1836x3264, 1.55M)

Attached: 1419980545828.jpg (1836x3264, 1.5M)

I understand that glue sounds like good idea... but you should use one of those thermal paste things.

No, OP just needs to put the glue between the CPU and the motherboard, then the heatsink wont pull the CPU out

smoking is bad for you my friend

Are you mad? You put helmans there!

This would never happen with intel cpus.

Imagine being such mongoloid that you use all your retard strength to pull of it with CPU itself
>no, I won't be gentle on it
>I'll do it in one fast strong pull
>lmao, what happened?
Some people should stop breeding.

you didn't use enough paste

Attached: MSI can't into pcs.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: 1399020021872.jpg (286x286, 41K)

YAMERO

Attached: 1530198554535.png (1440x810, 468K)

Attached: image.jpg (320x225, 50K)

>somebody saved my picture
i actually was thinking of finding that pic i saved somewhere to post
literally the paste that came preapplied with the heatsink that came with the cpu

Of course, but using too much mayo means the pins get too slick as they're lubed up. He's suggesting to add some superglue to counteract that effect. Good advice for first-timers who aren't confident in applying the right amount of Hellman's, really.

every time

Attached: kek.gif (480x228, 541K)

Its funny cause I was half serous. When its cold in the morning, one of the fist things I do is turn on my computer, it slowly helps the room. The 9590 can throw some mad heat, bitch had a tdp of 220w

oh hey ponchato

>not having the part where attaching the cooler is shown
This is nothing compared to the full video.
hooktube.com/watch?v=kSCVahyh3Dk

That's intel
They can't solder the ihs because it leaks and shorts everything

reeee

Always twist the cooler a bit until you feel it gives, only then pull it out. That way, the CPU stays in the socket.

Always do this, always tell people to do this.

Who Intel masterrace here?

just twist the cooler retard

how come its 2018 and people still dont know this