Is this laptop deal to good to be true?

$468 for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Laptop WEBCAM - i7 2.0ghz - 8GB DDR3 - 240GB SSD

I'm just looking to type shit, lug it around for college and play League of Legends.

amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-Laptop/dp/B07CNCD16X/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07CNCD16X&pd_rd_r=DSNRMF90B0CVQGXX7XKE&pd_rd_w=2GuSH&pd_rd_wg=4bOlR&psc=1&refRID=DSNRMF90B0CVQGXX7XKE

Attached: 61x3aDjPBlL._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tOFvk-FzTxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vpwveW9QTWw
youtube.com/watch?v=tdh-LCnLpfc
youtube.com/watch?v=doEZMNXz1JY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Why did you capitalize Webcam? literally a feature on every laptop.

I just copy pasted the title of the product off amazon.

X220.

What's that mean?
I just wanna know if this is a good deal

Buy a Thinkpad X220, it can type shit, you can lug it around for college and play lole with it.

It looks so shit though, looks like it'll be trash tier in 4 years unlike the one I posted. I'm not one to care about looks but the build quality looks really bad

You fucking mongoloid.
I'll bite.
youtube.com/watch?v=tOFvk-FzTxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vpwveW9QTWw
youtube.com/watch?v=tdh-LCnLpfc

youtube.com/watch?v=doEZMNXz1JY

>the Pinnacle of autism

Can you guys jsut tell me if this is a good deal and why?
I'm ready to buy something below $500 and this seems ideal for the price and specs

you're aware we have /tpg/ to avoid threads like this?

No, I'm sure you can get a (better) thinkpad for that price, look in ebay for a W541.

>unironically playing assfaggots in 2018
don't even bother going to college either honestly

this, don't even bother with college if your first objective of going there isn't to study.

>going to college if your intent is to study

You can study most things much more efficiently on your own than going to college

1st generation x1 carbon

would by for 300usd

Then it sounds like college is an even bigger scam.

Nice assumptions lmao
Got into a top tier college just trying to have a good future. I don't even play much LoL I just play a few games on the weekend to avoid demotion
Going for the degree and internship opportunities, studying is just how I can achieve those
The one I posted is first gen?
I assumed it was much more recent since it had an I7, not really sure how I can tell what gen it is that isn't listed.

can you even get USB 3.0 on older thinkpad like this?

I don't think so, maybe a x230, it has 2 3.0 ports and they cost about the same.

>I assumed it was much more recent since it had an I7, not really sure how I can tell what gen it is that isn't listed.
brainlet
>Intel Core i7 2.00GHz 3667U 3rd Gen.

So you're saying this isn't worth the price at all?

if there are THREE numbers after the i7
>it is first gen
if there are FOUR numbers after the i7
>its 2nd gen or above
the FIRST number after i7, in 2nd gen or above
>tells you the generation
a LETTER after all the numbers is usually shit
>unless that letter is K or X and only sometimes HQ
so with all that information
an i7 3667U
is a THIRD gen chip that has a U for useless
isn't intel such a great company with all these fun naming schemes

First gen X1, a bit overpriced compared to off lease prices, you can put libreboot on it but for the price, you can get a much better 3rd gen X1 on ebay.

buy it.

This but I have a few things to add:
>XX 3667U
XX = Marketing name, doesn't really matter. i3/i5/i7 is just about clockspeed.
>i7 X667U
X = Generation, this is essentially how power efficient the CPU is since IPC gains have been minimal, with only one caveat: 8th gen usually means you get double the cores, quad cores in mainstream. This obviously makes the CPU much better.
>i7 3XXXU
This is the model, higher = better although it usually only signifies clock speed
>i7 3667X
arguably the most important part of the name.
U = Ultra low power, expect lower performance
m/none = Not power cucked version of the above
HQ/H/B = Means it has the full amount of cores. So for gen 1-7=quad core gen8=hexacore
G = Has AMD graphics

TLDR just google the model number and look at ARK

Stop jacking the prices up for the rest of us you dumb breed are you retarded or what, if he doesn't give a shit about it it'll just end up in the trash anyway. Please stop.

Even if it's in pristine condition, nearly $500 is just an ok deal for a first gen X1C

Overpriced chinkshit trash.
First gens are worth max $200.

This is the most useful post on Jow Forums. Thanks user

eh, I'd get a t540p in that price range. Way better GPU. May be too heavy for you tho. If you want something lighter with a half-decent GPU get the T460.

Only if you run GNU/Linux on it.

>3rd gen i7