/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 37141841_p0.jpg (724x1024, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvfwV-fFM2g
innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRV6.pdf
en.goldenears.net/6993
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 89K)

are there any IEMs that don't cost a billion dollars that don't sound like ass and break in five minutes?

asking for a friend

T2

Does anyone have any real info on how Stax L300 Limited Edition compars to the actual L300/500/700 lineup? I’m planning on going Stax soon once I get to compare their Lambda lineup in hifi store next week, but unfortunately they don’t have L300LE, meaning that I would have to get it blindly from elsewhere if I decide to pick it up.

I’m veeeeery sceptic about those who say that it comes to the ballpark of L700, but it would interest me where it falls on the line between L300 and L700.

thx brochacho

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1514849354584.jpg (1920x1440, 2.22M)

>glass ceiling
if you start a business you're automatically at the top of the ladder, the trick is to extend the ladder (grow the business) with your individual skills.

I have a special program right now at school, there's a very low chance I'll enroll in college/university, if I'm even allowed to.

In my country the stundents are getting cucked hard. They have to win a draw to enroll in some schools, rent is usually for €450 for basically a closet and you'll have to work your ass off at school, note that you also have to take a side job to pay for your rental.

Then, not even everyone gets a fucking job.
Some'll have to accept a 'lesser' job because no one wants to hire them.

Where are you?

General thoughts on the micca origen G2? I need the spdif in and like the toggles and form factor.

Is the SE215 deprecated? I really like the sound signature and fit but I was wondering if I can get better for the money?

idol worship...

Attached: Audio G.jpg (1617x723, 698K)

O2 and HD600
my DT770s are on my work table

whats the tip inner diameter for the T2? I want to order some extra tips for it but i cant find the size anywhere.

Netherlands

598 masterrace

what's the lightningbolt about?

I'm a Carbo Tenore fan personally. Cables are thin but mine have held up well.

winamp...

Winamp

tin t2
trn v80
kz as10

more expensive nicehck's and yinyoo's between 100-300 are apparently amazing from the few people who risked buying them

chinese budget iem's btfo those in terms of quality, and sound
also
>that thin non removable, cheap, rubbery cable, with NO strain reliefs
designed to fail

I'm using HD381s from Superlux, I normally have them EQ'ed, but my PC had a short circuit due to me putting a corsair cable into a Seasonic PSU.

What's a good pair of IEMs for quick listening and walking around? I have SE535 and nuforce HEM6 but they are hard to insert and have cable noise and other issues. Right now I use $5 earphones the most out of any of my headphones...

Attached: 30b3981ee25d4b4ddc96e13c8ca2580d.jpg (800x1132, 411K)

lol literally read the thread it's been recommended like 4 times

I hope you don't eat like that often user

Attached: 1534456066081.png (568x545, 326K)

Has anyone listened to the HD 58X Jubilee from massdrop? I'm considering picking up a pair before the drop ends and there are a lot of conflicting reviews.

I don't like them, I ended up selling them and buying HD600s

how does the sound differ from the 600?

cute drawing of me

a cheaper, lower impedance hd600 with bumpy, brighter highs and no bass..

it's less refined imo

Get the HD6XX instead, it's worth the extra $50.

how is the hd650 for someone who likes bass and, once and for all, is the veil real

Thanks for the comparison.

I already own hd600's and botlehead crack but want something I can power with a smaller or portable amp at work.

Just get used L700s. L300LE + pads + headband = $800+$100+$100 which is the cost of used L700s.

If it's for work, then maybe you should get a closed-back or noise-cancelling headphone instead

I have an office and my door is normally shut sound leakage really isn't an issue. I currently use pro82's at work but my ears get too hot after a while and the sound quality could be better.

>L300LE + pads + headband
why do you need all this for them to sound good?

If all you care about is sound you probably don't need it. But the L700 pads and headband are much higher quality and slightly more comfortable.

wtf they're 800 dollar headphones why do they need mods to be comfy?

They're not mods buddy. Don't think you can afford them with that sub-100 IQ, might want to just get something like the HD600 for the common riffraff.

>L300LE
it's the same thing as the L700 but L500 pads. you'll see a lot of panicked L700 owners who don't want to admit this. any audible differences are due to the pads, they don't seal as well until broken in. zeos finds the L300LE to sound the same except slightly wider, that is due to fresh L700 pads on the L300LE vs 2 year old pads on the L700. the fresh pads don't compress as much giving less of a seal and more distance between the drivers and ear. most auditions of the L300LE are on fresh pads which is clearly shown in measurements

youtube.com/watch?v=cvfwV-fFM2g

Attached: l300le.png (1154x1494, 290K)

>swapping parts is not a modification
ok lol

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your HD600!

Stax arrived on monday, i think i've reached endgame for the time being
i still have a few more things on the way, audeze mobius, thx amp and project polaris
not sure if i should order the balanced sdac or not

Attached: mine.jpg (5000x1500, 2.38M)

Why do you have so many different sources

you don't, the L300LE is comfy. the only stax that isn't comfy is a stock L300 with flapjack pads

>禁休的汩速迷蒙

I recently like final audio e3000,which do sound different from other but need to push up volume for it.

The l300le has less plankton mate trust

hello? hi

i don't like to split the same signal too many times, this way a can have all the amps and speakers plugged at the same time

Sennheiser veil. Depends what you are used to listening to. If you are used to listening to bright headphones then yes they may sound veiled at first but your ears will adjust. I don't find them veiled. Secondly bass is decent for an open headphone but nothing to write home about. Don't expect closed back levels of bass.

with some EQ on the low end you can get more too, sounds bretty gud

My review of the SE215 bluetooth edition: 0/10
Loud noise, the battery announcer screamed LOW BATTERY into my ear at seriously unsafe and painful volume. Would have been a 10/10 if the hardware volume could have been reduced as I can only use them with my phones minimum volume anyway. Oh well, users hate features.

and compared to the hd600 please

what

Takeaway? Once or twice a month.

Just bought these today. Actually drove through Portland so I actually stopped by these guys main office. Super nice guys. Let me test a few of their IEMs. They're all pretty good, but i will say the Comet is totally worth $200. Atlas at $1300? That's a much tougher sell. Will say the Atlas is better than the andromeda. AMA.

Attached: 15345613166529098207035334513791.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

Dude, if U can still get an L300LE, do it.

Attached: 20180606_190214.jpg (3024x4032, 373K)

Same here. It's a greater starter setup. Now I'm debating between Stax, hd800, and focal clear.

Attached: 20180612_130646.jpg (4032x3024, 392K)

/hpg/ you have ruined me

I can no longer tolerate shitty audio

Attached: 20180606_210400.jpg (4032x3024, 359K)

Well, you autists didn't let me down with the recommendation. Just got my T2s 3 days ago and absolutely love them. I normally hate IEMS, but these are comfy and the ugly cable is nice and flexible. I've owned Etymotics and Shures in the past at way over the price of the T2s and hated them. Have em paired to my Sony Walkman NW-A45 for portability. Nice having incredible sound and if I fuck them up out and about I'm only out 50 bucks. Kudos you beautiful bastards.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x355, 18K)

I want those but I can't justify shelling out 50 bucks right now.

Sorry! L300s vs L300LTD - not enough difference to worry about.

Attached: 20180606_190318.jpg (3024x4032, 426K)

Attached: P1000206.jpg (4320x3240, 652K)

So I was hearing weird static with my IEMs plugged into my laptop at home or when I had the cable running from my phone up under my shirt. Turns out it was actual static electricity I was hearing, it goes away if I move my mousepad a tiny bit or let the cable hang free of my shirt. Is this normal or am I dealing with a Chinesium cable?

has anyone tried pic related mod?
also, what about using a different headband?, i've been thinking of printing some adapter yokes to use the hifiman replacement headband or maybe the t50rp headband plus a comfort strap

Attached: 1525991638658.jpg (2448x3039, 1.14M)

Could anyone be nice and point me to a frequency response graph for the CD900ST's if possible? Maybe one against V6's?

Thanks famalama.

Attached: 1531448459552.png (804x799, 10K)

innerfidelity.com/images/SonyMDRV6.pdf

en.goldenears.net/6993

Will a basic amp be good enough to power HD6XX. Amazon keeps shoving the FiiO-E10K in my face.

You might be okay without an amp. I have an O2 myself and it does sound better, but supposedly that's just placebo and can't be ABx confirmed.

I suspect it's just because they're properly powered.

man people do the stupidest shit to their headphones

stax already look ridiculous and you do that on top of it

Any good modern amplifier will have reasonable listening volumes in its linear range and will therefore be indistinguishable from one another. This is because they're doing their job and they're as transparent as they're supposed to be. 'Good modern amplifier' probably extends to the amplifiers built into the cheapy codec on your motherboard.

That isn't to say that there aren't differences, just that any difference is shittiness from an engineering standpoint and people just like the way they suck. An amplifier's whole job is to make things sound louder and it's not a hard job. An amplifier's job is not to make things sound different because then it's a shitty amplifier.

>Budget
$200 NZD, I can reach an extra 20 or so
>Location
New Zealand. $1nzd = $0.66usd
>Source
Computer
>Type of headphone
Full-sized, over ear
>Open or closed
Closed, preferably with as much isolation as possible without pigeonholing myself into a shitty pair.
>Comfort level
I have a fucking huge head, I also wear glasses, my current 280s clamp down like nobodies business. While I can take a clamping I wouldn't be against a comfier pair.
>Sound signature
Neutral is what I know, again previous pair was 280s. I'd prefer to keep it that way although could be persuaded.

One thing to note is I can't afford a DAC or anything, so this pair will idealy be fine without any external equiptment. These will be plugging straight into my motherboard. A Z270-HD3 if it matters.

Can you measure the tip inner diameter? I want to buy other memory foam tips for them but can't find the right size(there's eBay listings with 4 different sizes)

Google says approximately 5mm

my budget is 80 burgers, trying to buy a pair of headphones for my sister, main priority is comfort, she really likes the fell of my ATH SR6BT. Any suggestions?

Post pics of her head for sizing. Also breasts for cable length. Also feet for uh... harmonic frequencies.

>caved in and bought the 6xx
Fuck lads I hope I don't regret it. Coming from a 579.

my dick

What's hd600 of in ear?
seems like harman response is sounds weird at in ear.

Etymotics by measurement. I have never listened to them myself

Did they still have the Nova/Jupiter/Dorado on hand to sample? No one ever talks about the less-favored children, and in my opinion, they Nova and Jupiter are stellar (assuming that they fit one's tastes).

It just, feels too hot on top. well hd600 feels smooth.

I will never buy stax because they look ugly as sin.

I don't give a fuck how good they sound, and I don't give a fuck if you disagree with me.

Attached: 1465588416345.jpg (908x756, 143K)

not to mention the lack of comfort

its actually because you cant afford them LOL

I also can't afford a Rolex, doesn't mean it's a quality product.

>pads are garbage
>design looks fucking stupid
>ridiculously overpriced
>mediocre sound
On the contrary, I could easily afford them, but I will never buy them because they're trash and only exist as a meme.

Sound quality + comfort >>>>>>>>>>>> apperence

cool, buy a pair of these then and fuck off

Attached: 1531096998774.png (474x640, 249K)

butthurt buyer's remorse staxlet, shush

don't even own STAX

Attached: 1511421603047.jpg (3264x1836, 1.56M)

HD 650 or 660 S? And how do they sound compared to Fidelio X2's? I really like my X2's.

I live in Finland, so there really isn’t a good way to buy used L700’s. The only Staxes I see on sale used are older Lambda series entry level models.

58X > 660S

i feel old for knowing what it is. is it even still around?