Why can I open this site on my PC but not my phone?

Sorry if this is a retarded question as I'm tech illiterate.

So I'm from a third world shithole and my ISP blocks nearly all VOIP service sites, however, I found that I can access one if I try to view it from my phone. The strange thing is that, no matter what I do, I can't do the same from my PC despite them using the same network and DNS server. So far I've tried:

>Trying a different browser both on my PC and phone. (Nothing changes.)
>Pinging the site from my PC. (I get a response.)
>Doing traceroutes from both my phone and my PC. (Both successful and identical.)
>Trying to access the site by it's IP. (Doesn't work.)

So what the hell could be causing this? If it was blocked shouldn't that happen on both devices and not just my PC? And shouldn't my pings/traceroutes be unsuccessful? I don't actually care about accessing the site itself I just wanna know what is causing this.

Attached: 35112.png (755x1117, 370K)

Other urls found in this thread:

panopticlick.eff.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idk try changing your browser's user agent to the same as your phone's

What kinda phones do you have in afmexigera?

Nope, still doesn't work.

I'm using a Huawei P9 running Android 7.

you could install virtualbox on pc, then android x86 in vbox, then use the android browser

also is there a m. in the url perchance??

also make sure you set the screen size on vbox to some mobile looking size,

or you could install android sdk and then use the emulator browser

panopticlick.eff.org/
test this on both devices and you'll see all the other meterics that could be used to differentiate browsers

>you could install virtualbox on pc, then android x86 in vbox, then use the android browser

Well yeah, but that doesn't tell me why I can't access it on my PC.

>also is there a m. in the url perchance??

Nope.

are you blocking JS with add blocker?

also you could pull up dev tools in the browser and check whats going on as the connection fails

The only differences between the 2 are things like useragent and screen size, and I doubt those are responsible for me getting blocked. After all, it's my ISP that's doing the blocking, not the site itself.

Nope.

The request sits there with a status of pending. After a while, it times out and I get an ERR_TIMED_OUT page.

Do you have the data saving shit turned on?

It uses a Google proxy.

You mean the one on android, right? I have that off.

You sure it's not just not blocked and failing on non mobile browsers? whats the site?

or atleast upload

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-17 23.13.10.png (1054x542, 94K)

It's mumble.com.

re-install windows

Where do you live that mumble is blocked? Venezuela ?

Are you sure that would help? I'm already on a relatively new install and the only things I've done to this PC are installing Chrome, paint.net, and MPC-HC as well as changing a few Windows privacy settings.

One of the poorer Middle Eastern countries. Telecom companies here basically run a cartel and they all collude to block VOIP services because people prefer to use them instead of paying for overpriced international calls.

you using https everywhere?

No. (Although, I probably should start using it.)

Most VOIP solutions are made by Israeli firms

mumble isnt tho