How is liquid metal thermal paste?

Attached: 1512583076886.jpg (259x194, 12K)

>Gallium compound
>Aluminum spreader

Attached: 1527994265430.jpg (750x710, 64K)

>putting Gallium on an aluminum heat-spreader
O-Okay uwu

Attached: 185.png (680x539, 65K)

>not buying copper heatsink

I've used it years now, it's definitely the best I've used, I'd recommend it if you can get it cheap. Because of where I live I saved like $10 compared to if I were to buy any Noctua or Arctic Silver paste.

>heat spreader
>aluminum

Nickel to be exact.

mostly good between die and ihs, it will destroy aluminum heatsinks and react with copper ones.

Pointless unless you DELID

can you delid with just a razor blade or scalpel is that safe I seen LTT guy say some chips they had didn't survive a delid is that because they tried to delid soldered cpus for lols? I have a 7600k. also does liquidmetal only work on the top of the metal plate when you put it back on and you cant put it on cpu die? and why cant you get some cooler or some thing that touches the die so you don't have to put the protective metal lid back on? seems counter intuitive old cpu didn't have that are they actually that fragile now?

what kinda cooler do you use if liquid metal hurts aluminium and copper ;/

also I killed a top of the line GeForce 3 500ti or some thing with arctic silver. was like a 700$ gpu. in 2003/4 or some thing. mate gave me a free radion to say sorry.

Attached: 1516665546480.gif (550x400, 25K)

should be safe with copper?

>The Metal Slime flees

IHS is not Aluminum
Its actually nickel plated copper

It's legitimately the best option as long as you're able to keep it from seeping out and shorting out your board.

which is better, Conductonaut or Liquid Ultra?

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN SOMETHING IS ALUMINUM

ALL THE METALS ARE SHINY AND GREY

>Puts cpu at an angle

Attached: 1476337718362.jpg (500x375, 101K)

Nickel plated copper like all heat spreaders

does your thermal paste drip? I've delidded 7 processors and I have only had one thing drip at all, and that was my first gpu only, and it was fixed with a tiny smidge of silicon.

Look it up. IHS material is a spec listed in a cpu's package details. but rest assured that most of them aren't aluminium.

liquid pro

t. jewcuck

it seems that the nickel plating on the ihs is realy good at protecting the ihs from reacting with the LM, so use it only between the die and ihs.
between ihs and cooler use kryonaut/mx4 or trusty ol' AS5.

justify your suggestion

It's good.
Is it worth the ballache if you've never done it before? probably not, but you'll probably always want to use it after that.

buy a 3d printed delid tool for like $10

Happened to me once with an old laptop. Should be easier to manage on a desktop.

its not