Is it possible to learn a whole programming language through just YouTube?

Is it possible to learn a whole programming language through just YouTube?

Attached: 1530111828325.png (434x327, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCbjozK_PYCTLEluFlrJ8UZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok

No. You might as well say that you can create whole works of art by just watching YouTube.

Practice.

Ok

I started learning python through youtube but than I bought a book and I think its more hands on than some of the youtube videos but hey thats just me

It's impossible to learn anything through YouTube, try books instead.

Ok

Yes. youtube.com/channel/UCbjozK_PYCTLEluFlrJ8UZg

oke

Let's say you watched a youtube video that showed what each key on a piano sounds like. Would that be "learning the piano"? That's what playing the piano is, isn't it? It's just a combination of those keys, right? So if you've watched a video of each key being played, you're done "learning the piano"?

If that sounds ridiculous to you, then your question should sound ridiculous to you. Programming is way more than learning which commands do which things. In the same way that you'd need to learn how to create melodies and study music theory to understand why songs sound good, you have to learn how to solve problems with a programming language to learn it - knowing the syntax is not enough.

READ A FUCKING BOOK

Sure why not. Learning is different from mastering.

You'll probably learn Hindi before that

kek

Just get a book mate it's the only way, youtube tutorials are for people who can't concentrate and will inevitably give up early on.

No, pick up a deitel book.

Buy a book for like 10 bucks. Read it. Do stuff. Get bored. Get another book.

sup, tnp group ?

To learn a programming language? Yes. To learn programming? No.

>HELLO SIRS DIS IS RANJOT AND TODAY WE WILL BE LEARNING C#
90% of the YouTube content for c#, Java script or any flavor of sql. The content is usually alright, it's just the jarring accent.

No, zoomer. Get a book.

The language is nothing more than that, a language. And you learn by exercise.

some woman built a house (including materials, techniques, compliance with regulations, etc) using youtube, so I would imagine so

Attached: JAVAKING.png (1273x717, 1.29M)

Which book?

Yes. Watch YT. Take notes. Pause the video to try what you see on your own computer.

This is what university used to be like.

don't see why not as long as you do exercises and follow along yourself.

why take notes when you can just rewind the video

I find the act of writing helps solidify the memory. I rarely look at the notes, but the act of creation is what is important. PS These are real notes on real paper made with a real writing device.

learning by brute forcing your memory is for idiots, just write come real code

read le books hurr durr xd

You need to learn programming in general not just a language.

Alternatively, you could learn two or three languages, then infer the general rules yourself. Comp Sci is overrated.

>I can understand basic hindi now just from watching tutorials and xaiomi phone reviews

Kill me senpai

Use books and YouTube. Since YouTube will probably not have a good direction of learning where as a book will guide you in the process of learning better.

YouTube would be a good resource to help clarify information from the book

How much is your time worth? You can accelerate what you learn by 10-fold with a codeacademy subscription, you can probably do 100-fold with a bootcamp. I think it would be a waste of time not to dabble in udemy/codeacademy stuff.

>It's impossible to learn anything through YouTube

Attached: Screenshot_20180818-190953_Firefox.jpg (720x409, 103K)

How much are they paying you?

not seen a shill this obvious in a while

codeacademy is ok if you know literally nothing about coding and just use the 5 day free trial to cram some basic shit
udemy is a complete meme though

Holy shit, this is McCarthyism. Buy a book, any book, on the subject. Go to your local library and check out a book. Buy an e-book.

You will never find the same quality of instruction on YouTube. It will take you hours of needless frustration to try and learn it for free. A CA subscription is what? $10/mo? Stop being in poverty.

Attached: 1b0.jpg (680x499, 46K)

I wasn't recommending fucking YouTube, you should try being more subtle next time, faggot.

>Buy this, buy that, get a subscription to the product i was paid to shill
yeah or just use a search engine to access a near infinite supply of FREE information for learning programming. if you can't learn from that then paying $10 is not going to help you

The OP of this thread is a picture of a Zoomer and the question "Is it possible to learn a whole programming language through just YouTube?"

You fucking irrelevant mong

You're apparently schizophrenic in addition to being retarded and all I did was call you out for being retarded.

And there's nothing wrong with that

Not OP, but it depends on what you're using it for. A good general book to start out with to learn basic data structures, OOP, website interactions, popular libraries, etc. is the O'Reilly python book by Mark Lutz. It's the one I've used to learn python, and I think it explains everything very well. If you're trying to do mathematics, "Doing Math with Python" is pretty good. It says it only goes through high school math, but you can do some pretty cool undergrad level stuff with it. The book covers Stats, Calc, Geometry(not just the stuff you took in middle school/ freshman year, but constructing fractals and other neat stuff). If you want project oriented stuff "Python Playground- Geeky Projects for the Curious Programmer" is pretty good for developing a basic portfolio. There's a lot of good resources. Also, if you want a really barebones introduction to python that would make it a secondary language, "Automate the Boring Stuff with Python" is pretty good. It comes with an online set of video tutorials.

This worked for me

If you also use stack exchange it's probably possible.

RIP

>implying bucky does not exist

No pick a book and read it.