Intel i9-9900K

What do we even need a soldered, 8-core, 16-thread, 5ghz consumer CPU for anyway?

Even Monster Hunter World, the most CPU-intensive game and a game making use of all cores (the game has about 100 CPU threads), barely makes the i7-8700K break a sweat when paired with even the strongest of GPUs.

Attached: intel 9000.jpg (325x310, 45K)

And before you say "but it's technological progress" let me remind you Intel is still using 14nm from 2014.
This is not progress, they're just repackaging the same old 5-year tech in a new and shinier package every year.

At least AMD's 7nm in March will bring with it all the benefits of a new process, including lower power consumption, less heat, less noise, better performance.

Dude the CPU usage in that game is the Denuvo

Look son, there are only two things that matter when you're buying a CPU and it's dual core performance and TDP (because that tells you if it's going to be loud or quiet)

All that other shit, number of threads, number of cores, quad core performance, clock speed, lithography, cache, TDP, fuck that shit all right? It's all bullshit. You'll never, ever use that in real life.

>100 threads
That's not a good thing. In case someone missed the news, a modder profiled the performance and turns out ~25% of the CPU time is spent on thread switching.
Chinese MMO ripoffs of Monster Hunter run way better on slower hardware.

if the cpu is 10% faster than 8700k, it will bring 10% higher performance in 4k

threads
>That's not a good thing. In case someone missed the news, a modder profiled the performance and turns out ~25% of the CPU time is spent on thread switching.
>Chinese MMO ripoffs of Monster Hunter run way better on slower hardware.
Can you give a guy the names of some of these ripoffs? I wanna play

ibm runs their smt profile at 2/4/6/8/12
pretty sure they dont have that problem..

Maybe some people want to stream "Monster Hunter World." Ever think about that?

Streamers are not consumers, they are professionals and need professional tools.
Intel and AMD both offer high-end series of multicore processors with quad channel RAM and all that other extra.

right before ryzen streamers had to choice but to built a second pc only for capturing and streaming..

after ryzen..well..

it's not cpu intensive those articles were flat out wrong

Found the boomer

My i5-3570K sits at ~95% use during MHW to maintain 60fps, and it sometimes dips below 60 because it obviously chokes.

It's time to replace this old friend, but I will wait for AMD's new CPUs next year.

>AMD shill so afraid that Intel has finally brought 8c 16t on mainstream desktop
(lol

It's more like 15% if Wccftech and Anandtech rumors are right

Increase the number of threads by 25% and use those threads to control thread switching. Checkmate aetheists.

Found the zoomer

My PS4 can run MHW lmao.

Found the roomer

Found that goomer

9900K is going to be a disappointment for prosumers that dual-channel GDDR4 is going to be a bandwidth starved and shared L3 cache pool is going to highly contested by eight hungry cores.

9900K is going to be a meme-tier while 9700K is be the next 2500K (faster then 8700K while be slightly cheaper".

Found Any Schumer.

Attached: amy-schumer-lie-detector.jpg (1200x800, 106K)