Is it true that Americans are so primitive that they don't even use this technology?

Is it true that Americans are so primitive that they don't even use this technology?

Attached: prestige-pkoss-12-litre-1200w-electric-kettle-cant-be-used-to-boil-milk-nrodd25liv20ln9zhzxbn78edse3 (317x349, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wwwdata.unibg.it/dati/corsi/22008/62607-AJP(1-2007) Experimental analysis of the Italian coffee pot _moka_.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no coffee is for primitive Brazilians

I use one of those to heat up water for my instant noodles

It's become more common, but still pretty rare. Back when I got my first one you couldn't even get one in stores.

Kettles don't exist in the USA?
OP is FAKE NEWS.

Yes

Usually, it's true.

To get a decent boiling time the kettle needs to be connected to a 240vac circuit (yes these exist over there)

Related: Is it also true that in ~120v third world countries, it takes twice as long to boil the kettle than in ~230v übermenschland countries?

Attached: paypay :thonking:.png (741x609, 13K)

Edit: it's probably classed as a 230vac circuit

I use mines daily.

>prestige-pkoss-12-litre-1200w-electric-kettle-cant-be-used-to-boil-milk-nrodd25l
>cant-be-used-to-boil-milk
Seems like you are the primitive one OP.

Attached: 1428880284481.jpg (392x243, 11K)

Attached: image.jpg (498x487, 239K)

>Is it also true that in ~120v third world countries, it takes twice as long to boil the kettle than in ~230v übermenschland countries?

This is completely and utterly true. Kettles and irons are soooo slow in Americaball-land, you would be disappointed. It does not feel 2x as slow. It feels more like 4x as slow.

gas is cheaper

*using american style kettle UK-kun*

you don't need to heat half-gallon pepsi bottles.

>Europeans/Asians have a unitasker just so they can drink boiled Coca Cola
( ; ゜Д゜)

i wish i wasn't an americuck sometimes.

these things seem so useful

How do you boil water if not with a kettle? Wat.

Americans don't drink water or anything water-based.
They primarily drink dissolved sugar that happens to have a few H2O molecules in it which barely make the cut for basic bodily functions.
This is something you need to understand.

Attached: 1427979844104.jpg (668x728, 112K)

in a pot over a flame, like in the 1800s.

we truly live in the past.

Attached: image.jpg (625x626, 90K)

Surely you can source a kettle from somewhere within your Great Land of Burgers. Even if it takes a long time to use ( )

Do you think I'm joking?

I've never seen anyone own an electric kettle in their house. We have stove kettles over here but the only electric kettle I've seen was in the cafeteria in my high school.

It's probably faster to boil water in a pot than in an electric kettle (a 120v kettle)

why these cant be usb powered though

tea is for fags

Attached: quandumb.jpg (1200x1000, 174K)

I seem to recall seppo houses have two (near-useless alone) 120v phase-inverted circuits, that can be paired with the right gear to get (the actually useful) 240v?

Are you retarded? Why wouldn’t you be able to buy an electric kettle? I have one but I’d prefer to boil on the stove. It’s faster and there’s one less appliance taking counter space.

USB is a DC protocol, and a DC-rated switch is far more expensive than an AC-rated switch. This slow USB kettle would be even more expensive than a 120Vac kettle.

Americans aren't primitive per se, but their electrical system can't really handle high power appliances such as kettles.

Or clothes dryers.

because the power here in the US is half the voltage of that in Europe you dingleberry. you can buy an electric kettle but they're not as fast, as you said.

>Are you retarded? Why wouldn’t you be able to buy an electric kettle?
Get on my level.

Attached: Graef_WK71_xl.jpg (749x1000, 45K)

So you won’t get one because it’s slower? Just buy one of the nip dispensers so you don’t have to wait. You know it works because nips are the true voltlets.

picrel

What is it?

Attached: image.jpg (4000x3000, 3.82M)

2kW via USB LOL ok

Attached: 2093847039.jpg (325x500, 22K)

>It's probably faster to boil water in a pot than in an electric kettle (a 120v kettle)

It's not faster on an electric stove top, maybe gas. I use an electric kettle to heat water for my French press coffee maker

Attached: 314FDC4E-3C22-44E0-A0A9-398AE0A74126.jpg (1800x2700, 954K)

Americans don't have kettles? How else do they make their shitty coffee?

Seems legit

> It's not faster on an electric stove top
This smells like bullshit.
> 115v 15A vs 230v 50A

>What is it?
That, my friend, is a German water-cooker.
In form and function, such kettles are unsurpassed. The boil a liter of water quickly and in style running from the 230V~ mains.

How do yuros make their meme coffee?

>230v 50A
My stove circuit is 20 amp (though I have seen 32 amp ones).

Attached: 1525604724114.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

Coffee? What are you talking about

What would you use to quickly boil water?

>230v 50A
Buh?

What's meme coffee?

With this badboy right here I literally boiled up 1,5L of water in 2,5 minutes. So stfu about your "fast stove kettles" lol. We Europeans need our tea fast.

Attached: Smeg-Vannkoker-Hvit-KLF03WHEU.jpg (300x330, 8K)

>How do yuros make their meme coffee
It depends on the country:
Italy? Moka pot.
>How do these work? I have no idea.

France? French press.
>Wire squeezes coffee to the bottom of a cylinder.

Germany? Filter coffee AKA Drip coffee.
> Water is pumped and dropped on top of coffee grounds.

England? Instant coffee.
> A family will buy a pack of instant coffee and leave it on a high shelf for decades in case a guest drops by asking for coffee. This is worse than going without coffee.

Of course, no-talent hypsters buy dry pad coffee or wet blister-pack coffee Europe-wide. Yuck.

Tfw we use a 800w travel cooker
tfw we are in europ

Americans use a microwave to boil water

>mfw using an espresso machine for a year, drinking more than one drink per day (sometimes pure espresso, sometimes latte macchiato)
>realize I am entirely dependent on caffeine and feel sleepy as shit without it
>decide to stop using any kind of caffeine
>tfw going cold turkey on caffeine after years upon years of ingesting it constantly
I swear I had a pumping migraine and a feeling like I was half asleep for two fucking weeks.
Moral of the story? Caffeine is yet another filthy kike drug. Use it when you need it, but don't follow the meme of making it part of your lifestyle.

> smeg-
Smegma?

Caffeine is actually good for you in small doses. I drink coffee because it helps with migraines (not the ones caused by withdrawal).

>I swear I had a pumping migraine
The solution is coffee, dumdum :^)

Yeah, but as you said yourself, it's an addition that you can get over in about two weeks. But why bother? It tastes good. What else are you going to drink instead?

> we use a 800w travel cooker
To make coffee?
Pic related?

Attached: norpro-instant-immersion-water-heater-in-use-770x524.jpg (770x524, 17K)

> french press
> drip
> instant
Exactly what we do in Burger World, drip being most common. French press has started to become more popular because of hipsters but it’s always had a small but dedicated following.

I bought a water cooler for my apartment for when I want hot or cold water.

If I need boiling hot water, I just put some water in my coffee maker and take out the catch for the filter.

Attached: 83c5d9df-7538-4620-bafb-b4fd90c05a9c_1.5d0d9e24ae451f3790d8289ed7b3c46d.jpg (1300x1300, 51K)

I have to admit that Starbucks can made a decent cup of coffee. It's pulled up the quality of American coffee in general.

In Europe, Dunkin Donuts even sells decent coffee. Is that true in the States?

Can’t believe I’m saying this but it’d be more efficient to just microwave the hot water from the dispenser. I’ve done that a few times out of desperation.

>But why bother?
It's easier to actually fall asleep when you aren't dependent on this shit.
Also makes you capable of being a functional human being when you have to skip your regular five daily doses and lowers your blood pressure.

Plus, it allows you to actually use coffee to stay awake when you actually need it, because you aren't desensitized anymore.

I'm currently getting by with hot chocolate and decaf shit. The latter is obviously a step down from real coffee, though, and the former is very hard to get just right.

>A family will buy a pack of instant coffee and leave it on a high shelf for decades in case a guest drops by asking for coffee. This is worse than going without coffee.
>mfw had a mug of instant coffee this morning

Attached: 1526153480552.jpg (641x900, 77K)

> I have to admit that Starbucks can made a decent cup of coffee. It's pulled up the quality of American coffee in general.
Starbucks is shit IMHO. Bitter with very little flavor.

> In Europe, Dunkin Donuts even sells decent coffee. Is that true in the States?
I’ve heard that Dunkin’ Donuts has great coffee but I don’t have one near me to try personally. Living in Portland, I’m surrounded by small roasters so getting good coffee is incredibly easy. I’m not sure why America has such a poor reputation for coffee, must be because most people buy Folger’s and don’t bother with quality stuff.

Instant coffee isn't too bad tbhon

I’ll add that I’m a cheap bastard and usually buy instant coffee from my grocery store. It’s a house label but the coffee is imported from Germany and the only instant coffee I’ve ever liked.

a microwave or on a induction stove

Don't believe stupid shit, I have two in my house, one in each kitchen. How else will I make my Burger Tea?

>tfw all you drink is the cheapest instant coffee from a german discount supermarket
it feels great being the mexican of europe

Attached: 1ed.gif (500x460, 72K)

Stay in Poland pls

>using electricity to generate heat
Dumb as fuck. Natural gas master race

>microwaving water
Do burgers really do this?

no way, i'm already looking for a dishwashing job in your country, i'm leaving poland as soon as i get my masters degree

Attached: 1475090980331.jpg (900x973, 204K)

'chu gonna do about it anglo boy?

I voted leave mate, I've already done what I can

this ain't gonna stop me, i'm coming to get your lowest paid jobs

Based Lidl bro

Cool, then I don't have to do them.

Attached: 1449416310939.jpg (234x240, 20K)

I don't know about you guys but I boil water from scratch.

With this, which has a "kettle" build in.

Even at 230V it still takes a long time to heat up though, no wonder Americans with their pussy weak 110V can't enjoy it.

Attached: ranciliosilviav5e_1.jpg (500x500, 19K)

Mfw a €20 Aldi electronic kettle can boil 1.7 liters of water in 90 seconds. How poor are 'murifags even that they can't afford an electronic kettle?

milk curdles if you heat it like that

You can't just boil milk without stirring it, nigger.

I know, that's what makes it the best. Milk curdle is the best in its own way. You can accumulate it to smear it on bread and salt it a little to achieve absolute zen. It's called Kaymak and it's the best thing in existence.
I can you double nigger.

Heres your (you)

I do but mine is all glass because I'm not a poor britfag
fuck the queen

>boiled water has no other uses, only used for tea

shiggy diggy

>50A @ 230V
>11.5kW
based

LOL 20A are what we run dryers on.
I don’t want to work for my coffee. If I want espresso I’ll go to a café (their machines are 230v BTW).

>boiling beverages

Attached: index.jpg (284x177, 12K)

>tfw Engish
>tfw also Scottish and Irish heritage
>tfw couldn't be more British
>tfw enjoying my delicious Columbian bean Moka pot espresso

We truly are the colonisers of the world

Attached: Captian James Pepe.png (500x500, 315K)

Scratch that, it’s 30A

Seriously, how do you burgers not have suburbs constantly on fire from wires burning with your shitty low-voltage, high-current grid?

>Italy? Moka pot.
>>How do these work? I have no idea.
wwwdata.unibg.it/dati/corsi/22008/62607-AJP(1-2007) Experimental analysis of the Italian coffee pot _moka_.pdf

>Saturated water vapor is formed in the highest part of the boiler at a pressure of about 2.3 kPa
>the water, which is pushed by the steam, spurts through the ground coffee into the funnel and is imbued with aromatic oils.
> It subsequently spurts through the spout in the central part of the pot and gathers at the bottom of it.

>I don’t want to work for my coffee. If I want espresso I’ll go to a café

Going to a cafe is far more work than making your own espresso in the office.
Imagine having to walk back and forth between the office and the cafe 4 times a day.
You just don't want to learn how to make something yourself.

I think my grandmother still has one hidden somewhere

I don't trust espresso machines to not break.

Most Americans use a coffee maker to make coffee. Not very many drink tea. The ones that do typically use a stove top kettle. Only reason to own an electric kettle is if you get a fancy one with fine temperature control if you are a coffee or tea snob.