Are electric personal transportation vehicles a meme?

are electric personal transportation vehicles a meme?

Attached: boosted-stealth-hill-climb.jpg (582x582, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

electric-boarding.com/2017/03/21/over-the-top-custom-luna-apocalypse-2wd-100000w-96v-50mph-electric-racing-kick-scooter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The app-rental Bird things in SF and elsewhere are absolutely a transportation game-changer.

They’re also a great place to catch Hepatitis.

If you don’t drive a car you’re a loser poorfag.

Biking is redpilled transportation.

No.

Electric cars are the future, they are better at literally everything except price/range ratio but it'll likely surpass ICE cars in that metric too, soon enough.

Also I have an electric bike that I use for commuting, and it's fun as heck. I can whoosh uphill without getting all sweaty and exhausted. And it's actually probably faster than a car because I can skip the traffic congestion. And of course I save so much money. I honestly wonder why they aren't more popular.

>electric car price/range ratio
This won't beat ICE until around 2040 provided nobody really innovates ICEs, but they are so it could be longer.

>why are ebikes not that popular
Mostly the $2k price tag for what people think is supposed to be a very low cost option. You can buy mopeds or cheap motorbikes for that money which people recognise as being far more complex and deliver more range, so it makes a 'simple' ebike look like it is overinflated as fuck for pricing.

Ebikes are actually mega fun, I played around with a 500W one.

>This won't beat ICE until around 2040 provided nobody really innovates ICEs, but they are so it could be longer.

That sounds very pessimistic, batteries are making huge leaps these days. Their prices have come down 80% in just the last 10 years, and that's with a same type of tech: Li-Ion. Other contenders like solid state or Li-Air can take it much further. sure, ICE innovates a little bit too, but not nearly on the same level or fast enough to prevent batteries becoming the obvious choice within 10 years. (In fact they already are the obvious choice right now for many despite the price, the market just hasn't realized.)

>2040, could be longer
you have done 0 research, tell me you are make that shit on the spot

I've got an Evolve Bamboo GT.
It's fun. I look like a doofus on it because I'm only 5'7" though.

I have a boosted board, and desu it's not that practical, it's dangerous in rain and horrible on pavement, but it's just so fun to ride 24mph on a plank of wood, not to mention carving.

planning on getting this, for going to the beach and college

Attached: original-xiaomi-m365-smart-electric-scooter.jpg (1000x1000, 28K)

>not buying one of the boards that can come with tire wheels.

Looks cool but why not just get a bicycle?

also bikes are easy to steal af.

Looking to get one myself. You can not it with Russian firmware to go even faster (Not kidding). I dream of going to a Starbucks and plugging it in just like a laptop.

No it's not you hipster fuck.

Stay fat and stay mad.

>I dream of going to a Starbucks and plugging it in just like a laptop.
these are people I'm wasting time with

Attached: .jpg (960x640, 131K)

We're pretty far off with energy density, other technologies are expensive as shit and to give you an idea of how long it will take, Li-ion has been around for 27 years yet only became somewhat affordable for cars now. That is ignoring the other 20 or so years researching it. If you look at any graphs for energy density of batteries vs targets for ev you will see how ambitious it is. Pic related is from ARPA.

Supercaps would help shorten this because it facilitates fast energy recovery and power delivery (so less demand on the battery capacity) but I don't know how far that has come in the market desu. Not very last I saw, but if someone knows more I'd like to hear.

Read above.
>0 research
Well I did my master's in eee and you've not given any info, so thanks for your useless contribution.

Attached: Liu_MRS_Fig7.jpg (676x473, 55K)

this bitch can rip up a steep hill and off road like a champ

Attached: 1515788282112-3f974360-a9e6-406f-a63e-14174d5bd315-image.png (732x771, 357K)

>I dream of going to a Starbucks and plugging it in just like a laptop.

Attached: zoomer.png (546x1090, 55K)

> euphoria
*tips skateboard*

No, have a wowgo2s and it cuts my commute by 20 minutes. I can literally catch up to a bus I miss. Ebike would be better but I can't put it on a bus.

Some nigger stole my bike in 5th grade and I started going with my scooter. Then I got bullied because of it.

kek, imagine a grown man riding a literal scooter

oh man I must look like a retard haha

How's that car loan payment going boy?

lmfao what a loser!

TFW you are here forever gramps

Cars have to deal with congestion and terrible driving routes. And parking, because parking is a nightmare.
Bikes have to deal with local regulation(i.e if you can bike on sidewalks in the urban areas) and how well footpaths/infastructure is expanded. And if local culture is shit, because a lot of urban areas require chains that is prof to bolt cutters.
In some regulations, bikers are basically treated as pedestrians, except they go fast enough to randomly enter and bypass traffic.

Pedestrians have to deal with how poor infrastructure for walking is. And walking takes forever, since your max distance is suddenly 2-3km due time constraints.
Electric vehicles is a thing that exists because bikes exist. So if you can't bike everywhere, suddenly a electrically powered skate board or kick bike is going to be shilled because biking is from some perspective discouraged. And with whatever regulations at the least shilling 25km/h and 250w of power, thats a lot of speed for moving in pedestrian areas.

tl:dr glorified worse bicycles.

Attached: US_bike_Theft.jpg (1024x776, 305K)

>Mostly the $2k price tag
i bought an ebike conversion kit for $600 and now i avoid traffic
i thought you all jerked off to chink shit

>Expecting Jow Forums to use this

>needs a loan
you poor, son?

e-bikes are extremely popular with boomers.

Inside the city they are pretty much a meme, with all the traffic you can't go fast so you might as well ride a regular bicycle which takes zero effort at slow speeds.

On the long stretches outside the city they are great and very poplar.

No, Prius and Teslas are decent

>loan for a fucking car
lmao, imagine being a burger flipper

Electric cars are already nicer to drive than ICE cars.
Range is still a small issue today, but in a couple of years we'll have 350kW superchargers making it a non-issue.

Is there even a standardized plug yet?

Your research is shit.
>$/mi
How the fuck did they measure it? There's so many variables in there you can't just do a chart like this - unless it's some marketing bs and accuracy was never a priority.

Today owning a petrol car is the same cost as owning an electric vehicle. Greater capital cost is offset by tiny running cost, over the lifetime of the vehicle you'll spend the same amount of money. And that's with today's technology. You can bet your ass oil and ICE motors are not gonna get any cheaper, or at least more fuel efficient (thank environment lobby for that). But it's a given that batteries are gonna get cheaper, and so is electric power.

And here we have a wild Saudi slave, endoctored to believe that oil does not actually enslave him. Them sandniggers sure know their 1984 tactics.

>have never bought a new car

That looks like the most dangerous thing ever. I could see myself breaking it and myself the first day using it. Looks fun though

> paying 5 times the price for the luxury of the new seat smell
fufufu

Yes, only Tesla uses their own special snowflake plug (which still works with an adapter cable)

To me it looks safer than a segway, probably much easier to balance yourself in an emergency stop.

>being dumb
Most APR's for new vehicles are around 3-4%, if you put around 20% down, you're paying like $100-$300 bi weekly (in most cases, obviously the sky is the limit). For the vast majority of people, if you say, have $15000-$30000 in cash for a new car, it would be much wiser to put like $3000-$5000 down and then invest the rest since you could very well be making more than 3-4% return on that money (granted you arent an idiot). You lose out on a great deal of opportunity cost unless you're a multimillionaire

poor detected.
kys

>You lose out on a great deal of opportunity cost unless you're a multimillionaire
Should have said "there's a great deal of opportunity cost", the way I phrased it was kind of weird

ghetto rich "young professional" with no savings detected

Ebikes are absolutely fantastic, but you've got to build them yourself. This one can put out ten times the power and three times the capacity of anything prebuilt in my country, and it'll cost less.

Attached: bbshd-builds.jpg (750x400, 134K)

electric-boarding.com/2017/03/21/over-the-top-custom-luna-apocalypse-2wd-100000w-96v-50mph-electric-racing-kick-scooter/

Talk shit about scooters again, I dare you.

Attached: Luna_Apocalypse_Scooter_Steel-8__57091.1512086576.1280.1280__21905.1512145666.jpg (320x344, 34K)

>be fit and muscle boi from highschool to uni
>get out of uni
>turn fat due to no time to work out
>start working out again at early hours before work
>start biking to work - losing the fat again + don't have to wait on busses

feels good man.

Most of my savings I've invested in my own software company so you're correct there.

>130 horsepower kick scooter
That's bullshit but I believe it.

almost $2k and heavier than my cube ams pro.
at least it matches the price

13, I think you meant to say.

Well then it's shit. 10 kilowatt is nothing to brag about.

>10,0000W

What did he mean by this?

>loan for a car
Imagine being this american kek

I'd rather lock myself in a third world embassy to escape political prosecution than drive in LA

good for you user

I just ride my bike everywhere and am Jow Forums.

biking has nothing to do with being Jow Forums, all my friends are bike virgins who ride 30km a day and then some more in the weekends and they are all skinnyfat with a horrible beer gut
meanwhile, i'm a skeleton who commuted 20km a day and i was losing and losing weight with the bike, that's why i got the ebike kit

have you seen a 10hp motorbike? they're fucking beasts because obviously they're much lighter than a car. now imagine a goddamned 10hp scooter, shit's gonna rock your dick off

No, I've been biking to work for nearly two years now. No noticeable battery degradation yet.

Attached: IMG_20180807_175634.jpg (3328x1926, 934K)

>This one can put out ten times the power
So it's illegal?

Maybe in your country

Kinda, I find the laws bullshit.
Its handy having 1000W for steeper hills, nobody sensible is going to be belting around at 35mph.
The laws are there to stop the retards who would though.

Yes, in third world countries (like america).

How are the police going to know?

>e-board
>can take with you, won't get stolen
>not viable for long distance, need to use with train

>e-bike
>have to leave in the lobby of buildings or outside
>great for long distance

e-board with a train pass is goat, that way you aren't traveling around city boundaries (nigger zones)

When you're driving along the road at 40mph and your legs aren't moving.

These are also known for randomly shutting off and nose diving the riders straight into pavement.

>using a throttle
It's a bike, lad, you're meant to be pedalling. BBSHD kits are absolutely fantastic for pedal assist, even at excessive power levels.

>overtakes you

Attached: charge hero web.jpg (1348x500, 491K)

I have both, throttle for when I want to be a fattass and a magnetic pedal assist sensor for most days.

i live in a flat, had a bicycle for years then some fags stole it in the common storage, now i want my shit in my flat

Never seen that before.

But doesn't that add a lot of weight and I assume the battery pack has to be carried like a backpack?
If so I think I would prefer a regular Brompton.

Its a stand up scooter not a bike

In beverly hills the cops steal all of the electric scooters

fucking americans, for the first time they do something about their insane pollution and then they outlaw exactly that

I hate america

Same thing happened to me.
Fucking cunt stealing from his own flatmate.
I also lost a rather nice frying pan.

It's got a handle, and you can get a larger front bag for the bike to fit the battery + your normal cargo. It's not that heavy, I've tried a prerelease model.

Those are everywhere in my city.

I kinda want one but then I won't cycle anymore and I don't want to be fat fuck.

Attached: 365.jpg (458x458, 21K)

thats still too big to keep next to you at school/work

Even another different user here, I think a flatmate stole a few pieces of my cutlery

Attached: 1530979266079.gif (427x240, 1.83M)

Blatant samefag

What an asshole

Exactly, it doesn't even make sense. My set is rather large, so I don't really care that much as it's not that big of a deal, but why steal it? He could've just asked and I might have given some to him. I only noticed after I've moved out.
Some people man...

what i hate about pedal assist is that you only pedal a bit and then the goddamn thing turns on at 100% power
i'd like some control over how fast i go, that's why i pedal and use the throttle as an extra boost

More expensive ones have torque sensing.

I bought my car on full. It's a cheaper model but at least I don't have to pay in installments.

Nice try, poorfag.

im autistic i cant drive

Not gonna lie, those look pretty sweet.

electric vehicles are for old people, if you're under the age of 60 you should exclusively use non-motorized bikes etc. for shorter distances

ah fuck didn't even know that was possible

If you are thinking of getting one don't. You'll pay a lot of money for them, eat shit the first time you ride it, then put it in your closet because you embarrassed yourself.

they pretty fun and cheap to use. Easily half the price of a comparable uber/lyft

If it's any consolation, I live in LA and smear poop on the scooters,every chance I get. It's a growing movement.