Can oosu10 be trusted? i know its closed source...

can oosu10 be trusted? i know its closed source, but of all the similar apps its has the nicest ui and actually allows you to check if michaelshaft reverted your chages after an update

Attached: serveimage.png (1440x1196, 668K)

I use that in combination with O&O Shut up. The rest of privacy tweaking I manually do from the control panel. I also purposely disable a fuckton of the services that are in Windows. Aside from that I block every application of Windows from connecting outbound except for svchost.exe. I only let that through because I don't want to block my own internet access.

After all that I feel pretty safe.

>Install any linux distro
>Setup iptables
>Feel pretty safe

I still don't get iptables

>inb4 read about it you dumb fuck

nah. I install Comodo Firewall and I am shot a notification when something tries to connect outbound. I get the impression iptables isn't that straightforward. Otherwise I would probably give Linux a shot.

What do you mean you don't get it?
It's a chain of filters and the chain terminates as soon as one matches, should none match it will use the default policy.

>It's a chain of filters and the chain terminates as soon as one matches, should none match it will use the default policy.

I don't get what you just said. I guess it's the terminology to start with.

>chain of filters

I don't get what "chain" has to do with firewallls and filters either. With Comodo they use "rule" which makes sense and it's one rule per application (or at least that's how I understand it and it works out). and "default policy". I don't want a default policy. I want my policy and that's it that's why I always use custom ruleset in Comodo and I have to let everything either connect or not connect.

is it better than tronscript?

>not nftables
Get with the times, grandpa!

/* Let the following be an example configuration*/
Chain A [default: DROP]
- Filter A.1 => ACCEPT
- Filter A.2 => REJECT
- Filter A.3 => ACCEPT

/* Let packet P.1 match filters (rules) A.1 and A.2 */
P.1 matching A.1 => ACCEPT

/* Let packet P.2 match filter A.2 */
P.2 not matching A.1 => Goto A.2
P.2 matching A.2 => REJECT

/* Let packet P.3 not match any filters */
P.3 not matching A.1 => Goto A.2
P.3 not matching A.2 => Goto A.3
P.3 not matching A.3 => Default (DROP)

if you don't get this you're a lost cause

I don't get it. Fuck Linux. Niggas need to code an interface because I don't feel like looking at all them numbers and shit.

>Firewall
>Ports
>I don't want to look at numbers
Just

i agree! deez white folkz tryna make it hard AF for da black man to use computers and shieeeeeet!

>oosu10

Thanks bro, nice app.

Funny how I fully optimised my Windows 10 a few months ago, and I open this up and there is a few things that should be off...

MicroSHIT

>Microshit user has no brain
JUST

Fuck Linux, go back to your lolifetch thread neckbear virgins. Stick with your caveman firewall.

>B-But user! Kno-Knowing what I use it t-too much for my brain!

where in those filters can you specify a specific application though

>implying ports are relevant in 2018 when you can just block programs instead

iptables can't do that, iptables filters packets indiscriminately

but how do you deal with dissalowing an application universally without impeding other applications on Linux

#youcan't2018. lmmfao.

He's going to come back with this, mark my words...

>if ya don't trust an applicatiun ya shouldn't have it on yer os

Install opensnitch if you need that feature

sorry to get your hopes up user, but the beauty of linux lies within its vast extensibility

>spend 4,000 hours+ ricing because not smart enough to code

>ricing is the only way to customise
>implying I rice my shit
>nobody would ever rice wangblows

>ricing is the only way to customise

yeah. That's what I said. You're definitely not imagining shit.

>implying I rice my shit

yup. Don't blame me. Blame Jow Forums that I think you're a faggot because of shit they do.

>nobody would ever rice wangblows

heh. You seriously don't think people theme Windows?. You really want to be proven wrong on that one?.

You're welcome.
I was recently forced to switch to wangblows, its actually pretty good if you tinker enough with it. WSL is awesome and made the transition really easy.

>>heh. You seriously don't think people theme Windows?. You really want to be proven wrong on that one?.
are you retarded or just baiting?
>>yeah. That's what I said. You're definitely not imagining shit.
I'm convinced you're retarded now. If you sincerely believe that ricing your DE is the only way to customise an OS to your needs, then there's no way of helping you.
>Reddit spacing
you need to go back

Attached: 1507065083887.jpg (263x354, 52K)

You can rice windows, but its theme system and design inconsistency are too much of a problem.

>Being this angry over you being too dumb to setup a firewall

Attached: 1531611388956.jpg (667x900, 287K)

>are you retarded or just baiting?

ABSOLUTELY killer come back. Fuck. Caught me off guard. Broke my keyboard trying to type something up.

>I'm convinced you're retarded now. If you sincerely believe that ricing your DE is the only way to customise an OS to your needs, then there's no way of helping you.

lol. Seriously (no I mean seriously) missed the sarcasm.

>you need to go back

When right now?

I like your imaginary girlfriend. We should all go out some time.

>>lol. Seriously (no I mean seriously) missed the sarcasm.
>One post earlier
>>>ricing is the only way to customise
>>yeah. That's what I said. You're definitely not imagining shit.

that looks quite nice actually, thanks

what profession are you in or studying to go into? Are you successful in it? I'm curious if this mindset is prevalent in Admin jobs

loli loving neet neckbeard virgin ricing Jow Forums install gentoo troll is my occupation. I'm damn good at it. can't be no geek off the street. Gotta earn your keep. REGULATORS!!!

im a different guy

>windows users download spyware to deactivate spyware