I got an old iPad 4. It has retina apparently. Any ideas what to do with it?

I got an old iPad 4. It has retina apparently. Any ideas what to do with it?

What can I do to turn it into torrenting and watching machine? I never had iOS, do you have to hack it to use adblock?

Attached: ipad_4_hero_4x3[1].jpg (1600x1200, 394K)

Other urls found in this thread:

h3lix.tihmstar.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install gentoo

Put Adblock on your router.

Assuming your on the right version of iOS, you can jailbreak it. Then you can install iTransmission, ues a file manager to watch your stuff. Everything you could possibly need is on Cydia and some extra repos.

It's literally useless for anything except watching movies or YouTube. Sell it to a retarded normie for like $80 or something. It's so locked down that you can't install a different OS or even get an ad blocker without a jailbreak and editing your hosts file.

This.

>What can I do
go to a poor neighborhood, give it to a poor kid.

I'm on 10.3.3. If I can't hack it, can I copy stuff from my PC through iTunes?

>It's literally useless for anything except watching movies or YouTube
But that's exactly what I want to use it for. Movies, anime, manga and normie net. Plus I permanently borrowed it from my sister who doesn't use it so I can't sell it.

Attached: 1507720349384.png (407x503, 245K)

>I get to decide which hardware hacking is truly hardcore

>i get to decide if my toddler toys belong on a tech board
Umm... that's not how it works, sweaty.

Attached: 1523519365400.jpg (400x1512, 99K)

>shitting on /fa/
I bet you still wear jeans and dress mostly black

Yeah just make sure that the device is synched to your iTunes Library. Then you can copy movies and whatnot from there. There is a jailbreak for 10.3.3 on 32-bit devices although it is still in beta. You'll need to use Cydia Impactor to install the IPA on the device. h3lix.tihmstar.net/

>it is still in beta
I don't want to brick it since it's not technically mine but will read about this. Thanks

If you use a windows or Mac laptop, it’s pretty nifty to use as a portable second monitor with the Duet Screen app.

It does cost $9 however, but it’s worth it to be able to turn an otherwise unused iPad into a monitor.

It works over the lightning cable so you don’t have issues with bandwidth like you do for other software like this that use wifi

That does sound fun

PDF/Ebook/Comic reader
If you have some sort of DNS-ad blocker like Pi-Hole, I bet it's quite usable for web-surfing. Search as well how you can install the last supported version of any app

>PDF/Ebook/Comic reader
Any recommended apps? Something with built-in catalog?

Return from whence it had been stolen, negro

Don't you see my white hand in the picture user?

>Any ideas what to do with it?
Read technical books and manga. It is a fine PDF reader. If you are on Jow Forums and haven't read manga, "Blame!" is a great one that anyone with any interest in grim cyberpunk, fuckhuge science-fiction structures in space or best girls should read. Just duck it and you will find a free fan translation.

Manga Storm/Manga Zone
Regarding comics, you won't find online readers, best thing to do is pairing up Chunky with CBZ (easily downloadable from Google o /co/)

Jailbreak it and load it up with games.

you can't brick it with that