/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Audio Technica Edition.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SH-CAuDKm6I?t=1306
amazon.com/gp/product/B019D048XC/
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Beyerdynamic DT880 (new earpads).pdf
youtu.be/qyOGNhdhlAY
penonaudio.com/tin-audio-t2.html
youtu.be/wA-EIBHp5Sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All systems operational.

Attached: audio-goblin.jpg (531x597, 30K)

cute drawing of me

how is the HD600 for glasses wearers?

EL GOBLINO DEL AUDIO!!!!

Fine, been using them for years. They leave a mark on the inside of the pads but it doesn't affect anything.

Still looking for recent Takstar Pro 82 owners to confirm or deny a rumor that latest unit have worse sound and QC issues.

That room...
Zeus?

I'd like him to try the Zensor 3.

Just bought a set 3ish weeks ago. physical quality seems fine. Sound quality is close to what most reviews say. Mids are a little more recessed then I normally would like but it's a good set for portable and at work when I need isolation.

What's the verdict on the HD 58X?

youtu.be/SH-CAuDKm6I?t=1306

21:45

Thanks.
Time stamp worked in the original link.

That JBL knob is so nice.
I already have a knob on my Focusrite Solo (I fucked up not getting the 2i2 or better for that balanced out).

is good
buy

Attached: ok.png (480x480, 74K)

Where did you order from? What gen did you get? They are distinguished by different box colors and cable length.

got them from ammoon on amazon. Cable is 7ft cardboard box was white (i think) the hard case is black.

So it's either v1 or this mythycal faulty gen. I wonder how much did it cost then?

$85.99 usd

SCHIIT IS THE BEST!

Attached: deruntermensch0.png (613x595, 811K)

Hey Staxbros, is SRM-252S worthy to pair with L300 Limited? I could get it for dirt cheap when compared to SRM353S/X.

Yeah, I don't notice a difference between that and my SRM-313.

Why delete the OP image?

It had a hint of a nipple in it.

Guess that I’m going to give it a spin, after all I can probably sell it forwards without a major loss on the unlikely scenario where I feel that it’s not adequate.

Man, feels exciting to join the yes-Staxers soon.

fucking americans and their fear of nipples

Yay, the curse is lifted!
Let's keep buying schiit as thanks.

Damn, these look nice!

Attached: pEaHP1DIRq64dZhgPobi_990 - 6.jpg (955x637, 59K)

Bought the hd 6xx from memedrop
What will i think of them?
Have been using the ole hd 555's with the foam mod for the past 8 years
Will i notice a difference?

Attached: 1533769229001.jpg (750x476, 72K)

No problems for me. Maybe the clamp on a new set will bother you but it will loosen in about a week.

You can also put them on their box to help stretch them out while you're at work or something

It's a cheaper, lower impedance, brighter hd600 with less bass

ya its a straight upgrade but the clamp will likely bother you to start

sweet
im looking forward to them
haven't had a new audio experience in forever

I have bought those yesterday did I fucked up badly?

Attached: IMG_20180819_222155.jpg (4608x3456, 2.59M)

>Bluetooth

Link me to good enough 3.5 male to RCA male adapter, please. Will be used for O2 amp in a portable setup.

YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch3.jpg (613x595, 72K)

It's warmer and it doesn't kill the upper mids/treble so you'll hear more detail . Probably need an O2 amp though. DAC is a meme unless you get noise. Better than the HD58X. End game is the HD 600 though.

Attached: hd6xx series.png (613x477, 25K)

I had no idea dekoni made pads for the ath-ad900

Attached: IMG_20180716_242914270.jpg (4160x2340, 2.18M)

I use this one and the cable is fantastic imo.

amazon.com/gp/product/B019D048XC/

Looks good, thanks. Too bad most of solid looking cables are minimum 0.5 meter short. Wondering if it won't be a comfort issue.

What tips would fit Tin T2? I've had no luck with provided sets, so I need something smaller but longer.

Try tri-flange also known as triple flang or tree tips.

They tend to be wider at the base, not my cup of tea.

user who was asking about the pads here, had no idea about dekoni paking those, that's is pretty cool, their international mail is actually not absurd as some other places i checked.

I need help /hpg/. I've been fucking around with my AKG K92s for a while now and even replaced the pads but I'm going to cut my losses; they're just too fucking uncomfortable. I can't even go 5 minutes with them on anymore.
>budget
£75
>location
UK
>type of headphone
Whatever is the most comfortable
>open or closed
Whatever is the most comfortable
>comfort level
As high as possible - this should outweigh all other considerations
>sound signature
Neutral
>past headphones
AKG K92 and various meme gaming headsets in the distant past

takstar pro 82

my K92's were quite comfy, just stretch the headband bro

*crshhk*
Yep
*sips*
love live was a good anime

Attached: IMG_20180819_142837197~2.jpg (1266x1512, 292K)

Cheers, I'll try messing with the headband first, then take a look at those phones

I honestly wasn't expecting DT-880s to be treble dragon dildos. "neutral with some emphasised highs" my ass

I feel like my ears are getting pozzed every time I use the fucking things. Only thing going for the 880s are the comfy af pads

Attached: 1532634506766.jpg (306x306, 20K)

>falling for the dtxxx meme

>"neutral with some emphasised highs"
Who said that in the first place? Anyone here would have told you they are V-Shapped and bright, they are only closer than neutral than the DT770 and DT990.
Anyway, are you going to return them and get something else?
You got an Amp to, right? post some pics.

dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Beyerdynamic DT880 (new earpads).pdf

last time I'm buying beyer products

this was a while back sadly, I've only just come to terms about how shit they are after demoing hd 660s. I'll post a pic when I'm back home as I'm travelling atm. too late to return, tempted to try and sell them on to another idiot

>unboxed them and plugged them in to the fulla 2 (another meme)
>woah, this is a little hot
>maybe the burn in meme is real, I'll just get to used to it
>okay it's still shit, I'm going to EQ them
>demo the 660s, realize I've been a fucking retard
>I am now here

now try the HD800S

>Dislikes DT880
>Likes HD660
No wonder you are displeased, you clearly preffer warm signatures with no empashis on treble and somehow went the exact opposite way. That said, HD660 costs a lot more than the DT880, if you want something closer in price you should probably go with HD600 or 650.
Anyway, DT880 are not bad headphones, but if you dislike V-shapped signature or preffer warmer sounding stuff, yeah, they are not for you.
Either go with or sell them to someone who likes how they sound.

fuggin love mine

Attached: hd800s.jpg (800x1246, 590K)

Would have demoed them at the same place I did the 660s but the guy at the store was a complete cunt

It's weird, I enjoy listening to my Etymotic MK5s and Etys are knowing for being a little hot - correct me if I'm being a retard. Not to say I'm completely settled on the 660s, I haven't demoed the 600s as the store didn't have them.

Stax L300 + SRM-252S set or Grado RS1e? Both cost the same.

Nothing better than cracking open an ice cold monster and listening to some 800S or stax

I prefer coffee artificial sweeteners are bad

Attached: dunkin.jpg (2238x2571, 2.61M)

What are some good buget in-ear headphones?
Last headphones I had where a jbl t210 which I found to be very good, at least for my standards. I was looking at the sennheiser cx 3.00 but I've been hearing mixed reviews about them. Any good headphones between the jbl and the sennheiser price range?

Both. You aren't a poorfag, are you?

T2

Glad you liked it, user.

Attached: 1517538997383.png (1000x1593, 1.54M)

What do you mean? I should get the jbl again or what?

Typical beyer.
If you want a near-perfect balance, get HD600.

Attached: 1523660400132.png (1280x691, 1.16M)

youtu.be/qyOGNhdhlAY
This track sounds so fucking good on the HD800S, its secrets were revealed to me

Tin Audio T2
Sells for between $36 to $50, all-metal housings, detachable cable, balanced sound signature (or cover the fronts near the bottom of the nozzles for a bass boost).

Attached: tin-audio-t2-8-7a838ed19672893de,750,470,0,0.jpg (749x468, 107K)

What program is that

Thanks senpai, unfortunetly I can't find them in any retailer in my country, so I either have to resort to aliexpress which means I'll have to wait a month or pay extra to get them from amazon. They looked really nice too.

Musicbee

Thanks

Tinny and veiled.

>Veiled
That'd be HD650.
>Tinny
Sennheiser's house sound leans on the warm side, so no.

This. Decent if you can get it

Veiled means it sounds slightly muffled, right?
Is there anything that has exaggerated examples of sounds that are "dark", "warm", "bright", and so on? I don't have an intuitive sense of a lot of the vocabulary.

hd600 more like sd600 cause they arent high definition at all compared to stax

I would have recommended Penon Audio (their regular free shipping option to Funland took a week and a half when I ordered mine), but seems they're out of stock at the moment.
penonaudio.com/tin-audio-t2.html
While not the cheapest price the T2 has been sold at, it's still around the same what most Aliexpress sellers ask, and I've had nothing but excellent service and quick deliveries from them.

I wanted to try wireless earbuds before getting the AirPods so I got these 10 dollar ones from target. Pretty nice not being tethered to my phone. What bluetooth earbuds sound good but don't cost more than the AirPods? Should I just stick to those if I want wireless headphones?

Attached: earphones.jpg (488x488, 11K)

That’s what you get by getting Beyers instead of Grados.

Budget: £100-150/UK
Looking for some bluetooth headphones for commuting to uni
i know >bluetooth but I bought a p20 pro and it doesn't have an AUX and I don't want to use the usb-c to female aux all the time

At what point do electrostats pass HD800? L300 is apparently worse than HD800, but when does it get better?

I can get an ATH-M40x for $65 at a local store, are they good? Been using a Superlux HD681 for 5 years.

>buying shit headphones instead of shit headphones

So how come nobody ever talks about the Sennheiser HD700? Is it just in the awkward middle ground where you might as well pay more or less?

NO SHITPHONES

youtu.be/wA-EIBHp5Sw

Attached: 1517765354002.png (720x717, 602K)

No, they're rather right in the middle of the territory where you're wondering how the fuck did you pay that much for a headphone with such an odd tuning.

hd700 are the same as ath-ad1000x you're better off going all the way

HD700's treble spike makes the infamous beyerdynamic treble spike look like a joke

High frequencies are easily attenuated by thin fabrics. Hence the metaphorical "veil."

Got to try these today. Feels fucking goodman

also I can now confirm that IGY by Donald Fagen is the best mixed/mastered song of all time

Attached: 20180819_130332.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

Another pussy defeated by cymbals

Sounds like someone has overly sensitive ears and poorly mastered music.
Just EQ them user.

>the beyer shills showed up

Is it just the 880s that have intense highs?

I have some old 770s and the highs are just fine for me and I much prefer less high

lel only two posts are from "shitphone" retards like you

gl with your brittle plastic shitphones

try not being a fucking retard

bet you believe the snapheiser meme too

>his headphone doesn't have a grill

Attached: Mirrin' grillin' chillin'.jpg (2000x1125, 1.23M)